Username Post: Printing patterned paper?        (Topic#1584793)
kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

Have any of you printed your own paper?
I was looking at CHA videos awhile ago and was lusting after the printed vellum that a few companies are offering....
Then I though, I have inkjet vellum and a printer, why don't I make my own?
I haven't tried it yet but I though that I could purchase some digital paper designs (simple ones) and then try to print them out on vellum.....
Any tips?

Thanks!
Alison

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to kiyawinn

I love love LOVE digi papers!!!!!!
I print them all the time!

I used Nitwit collections for this project (the rose pp)

Spring Wall Hanging By CommaHolly

and webster's pages waiting for santa digi papers here
Season's Greetings By CommaHolly

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to CommaHolly

I've printed my own solid paper (thank you my beloved Epson 1400!!) but I haven't done vellum yet. Try. the worst that can happen is you waste some ink and ruin a piece of paper.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to CommaHolly

I actually made my own background paper for a mini album one time. It was a family album of my brothers and I when we were little. I put our names, over and over. Different fonts, different sizes, colors. Then I used it for the cover. It looked really cool, but took a lot of time.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to moxiegirl23

So when you download digi paper designs, can you usually change the colours in photoshop or are you stuck with what they show?
And can you resize them....if they are 12x12 designs, can I print them in 8 1/2 x 11?
I've done tags and smaller things but am totally new to digi papers.....

Alison

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to SherylEb

Sheryl,I did that too for a card for my son for his birthday....he was turning 7 so I printed the word and number seven in different fonts in blue. I used it as a background for his birthday card....
I was thinking of printing dots, chevrons, stripes etc. in colours on vellum......so I thought I could download some digi paper designs....

Alison

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to kiyawinn

You can print them as 8 1/2x11. You should be able to recolor them as well. You could also use photoshop to make your own designs.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics