Username Post: Art Journal        (Topic#1584987)
TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne

This might have been asked before but I recently got into it. What is best used to make an Art Journal? I've got this A5 sized blank hard cover book but after finishing me first two pages, they came loose. Turns out, the glue thats used to bind the pages, isnt resistant to the mixed media products that I've used.

What kind of book do you use? I want it binded, not spiral...

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to TheCharmedOne

I have the Dylusions art journal, but haven't started it yet. It feels like very good quality paper. Dyan uses everything in it on utube, so think it will last. She even says in one of her videos that it is expensive, but totally worth it for the quality.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to SherylEb

You can turn anything into an art journal. I have a friend who turns old, decrepit books into art journals. You can make your own by binding your pages together with rings. I have never bought an art journal before. I buy Strathmore pads. They have different sorts of papers and I can pick and choose, depending on the media that I'm going to use. I do a lot of mixed media art journaling and my preferred paper is cold press watercolor paper. Then I just glue my work to things like canvases, a smashbook...stuff like that.

TheCharmedOne
Pro
TheCharmedOne
In response to SherylEb

I've seen this book, I rather have good quality and that it lasts than cheaper stuff that falls apart. I want it to last....

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics