Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Remember Mulberry Paper?        (Topic#1585729)
t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps

Any 'old timers' remember mulberry paper? I was doing a little organization in my scrap room this weekend and ran across a folder of mulberry paper!

SHeaRI
SHeaRI 
Resident
SHeaRI
In response to t-scraps

Ah I used to have a huge folder of this too - LOL

CatScrapsHere
Angel
CatScrapsHere
In response to SHeaRI

I've still got a little of that somewhere too

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to t-scraps

Too funny! I remember having to have the perfect colors in my stash. In 2002, it was probably my fave thing to add to a lo. This is one from my DD1's baby album:

KINP33 By Momto3infinity

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Momto3infinity

I've got a great little container full of strips of about ten different colors of this stuff - got it for 50 cents a few years ago at a scrapbook garage sale. I keep using it now and then (I love it with die-cuts - I layered some over some white paper when making a veil for a bride die-cut and the texture looked fabulous), but I still haven't really made a dent.

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to Momto3infinity

I don't think I ever used mine....was saving it for something 'special'.

justowen
Governor
justowen
In response to t-scraps

I have a box of mulberry paper!

We need an "old time" challenge.

...mulberry paper, mailbox alphas, eyelets, and fiber

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to t-scraps

Add me to the list that has it. Had to have it but never used it.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to prittb

I love to make flowers with it.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to andrea m

I too have a bunch of mulberry!!
Also for the old time challenge.. how about those "slide" embellishments! Don't know what they're called but look like an old "slide"- I used to cover them with matching pp to match my LO!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to ChansGram

I never had any. Is it acid-free? I've always wondered that.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to ChansGram

I actually don't have much left because I love using it!

Islandscrapper1
Tenant
Islandscrapper1
In response to NMlady

Oh you bet, think I still have some kicking around as well! Hang on to it long enough and it will probably make a come back lol

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to t-scraps

I have a nice stack & I still love the look. I would still use it.

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to RedSquirrel UK

• RedSquirrel Said:

I know that the stuff I bought was acid free cause I bought it at a store that only carried that. There might be some out there tat isn't. I know they sell gorgeous handmade papers at stamp store that kinda look like it but they are not acid free.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to anda11

• anda11 Said:
  • RedSquirrel Said:

I know that the stuff I bought was acid free cause I bought it at a store that only carried that. There might be some out there tat isn't. I know they sell gorgeous handmade papers at stamp store that kinda look like it but they are not acid free.

That's it, exactly. Once I was given some purple stuff marked as Indian hand-made, but being purple, I couldn't try out my pH tester pen on it. I suspected it was not acid-free, and used it on cards just in case.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Islandscrapper1

Even though I remember when it was all the rage (pretty much in every single copy of any original scrapbook magazine, i.e. Making Memories, Creating Keepsakes, etc.)...In the end, I think I literally only owned 1 piece total. It was cream colored with flowers pressed into it.

Michaels seems to keep mulberry paper alive & well in their free project sheets.

Also, this reminds me of when Tear Bears were a popular project to make, as well.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 03-04-13 09:07 AM
In response to KellyCali

I only ever had a sheet or two - started scrapping at the tail end of that trend.

I was just thinking about it the other day though about how cool it would be for flowers.

RE: Old-timers challenge: try the hoarders challenge. Old-timers/hoarders? Think they are the same thing?

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15856...

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to KellyCali

Yes, I have the mulberry paper, several colors. I still use it- when I remember I have it!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to wilbur

I have bought several pieces of washi paper over the years in my scrapbook store and then learned it is not acid free. Don't know what I will do with it. That stuff is $2 or $3 for an 8 1/2 x 11 so I hate to throw it out but I can't use it. I don't make cards and don't want to make cards so its just in my stash. Guess I'll put it into the pile that is going to raise money for breast cancer research.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics