Username Post: Suggestions Needed Please        (Topic#1587967)
flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper

My father just passed away, and for his funeral, I made big photo boards to be displayed. Now, I want to take those pictures and make a scrapbook out of them. A lot of the pictures are black and white, but not all of them. My avatar picture is one of them. It's him holding me when I was a baby.

Anyway, I've been looking through the store here, and somehow, I'm not finding a paper line that's jumping out at me. I'm needing paper that would be masculine and a little "vintagy" looking. What would you use?

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to flintridgescrapper

I really like the Engraver by Prima. I have used the 6x6 pad and most of the 12x12. Also love the brads and the tale has one roll of fabric tape with globe type things and the black is regular washi. If you want to see close ups of the paper, check primes website.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to SherylEb

The journaling spots are in the paper pack. The chipboard things are discontinued here, but it isn't an old set, so should be able to find. Check the projects under the paper. I can see one on the front that is kindofoff like what you're doing.

gin1902
Diva
gin1902
In response to SherylEb

I'm so sorry, Judy.

I'd recommend the Engraver too, like Sheryl.

I also like the shades of gray-the colors are warm and I think it'd look good with black and white pictures.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to gin1902

Judy, so sorry to hear about your dad. big hugs to you....

I love echo park This and That Charming line, I've been using it for my vintage feel pics for a few months now. There's more brown's and greens in that line but don't forget you can change the pics to sepia tone if you wish (assuming you aren't using originals).

Good luck and I can't wait to see it when you're finished!

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11

Dear Judy, I want to say I am deeply sorry to hear about your dad. You have my deepest sympathies. Thank goodness you have pics.

MrsSugarBear
Guru
MrsSugarBear
In response to anda11

Judy,

I have no suggestions for paper but just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

SJB1120
Expert
SJB1120
In response to MrsSugarBear

I'm doing the same thing, I bought the K & Company ancestry dot com paper pack and scrapbook. It has a lot of heritage elements to it. My father passed away 2 years ago, so I understand wanting to preserve his legacy, my condolences.

-Stephanie

bonprof
Diva
bonprof

Please try Creative Memories; they have vintage stuff and black and white stuff. Also, whatever you go with, distress the heck out of the paper.Just an idea.

I am so sorry for your loss.

Donna

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to bonprof

Hugs Judy, look at some of the basic grey lines they have an old masculine feel.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 05-11-13 09:08 AM
In response to Sneezy1956

My condolences Judy. You obviously loved your dad very much and this is a wonderful way to express your feelings.
Bo Bunny's Weekend Market. Paper Loft has colors that coordinate well with older photos and Basic Grey's Pyrus does also. I used those last three extensively when I did an album of my dad's life.

If you can find any Basic Grey Cappela that is another good one.

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to GMFTS

I'm so sorry about your dad.

I thought of Swagger by Fancy Pants and Strong by Authentique.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

Hi Judy, so sorry to hear about your father...I lost mine a couple of years ago now and I still can't do his pictures...

I'm not a fan of the really old, beige, antique type papers so I would pick something a little more colorful....I agree that swagger would be cool. There's also Trendsetter (has some cool papers in the blues and greens with clocks, maps etc. as well as polka dots and a nice woodgrain) and Etcetera (has a whole bunch of really nice neutrals)....All are from Fancy Pants so you could mix and match if you wanted to....

Products Referenced in This Post:

flintridgescrapper
Diva
flintridgescrapper
In response to kiyawinn

Thank you all so much for your kind words! The last month has been tough, but I think for me, working on the pictures will be some healing.

You've given me some wonderful suggestions! Thank you!

thehappyscrapper8
Veteran
thehappyscrapper8

I just wanted to say I am sorry for your loss. I agree with all the other paper suggestions. Glad you have the photos so that you can remember your Dad

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics