Username Post: cover for world history/timeline book?        (Topic#1589267)
MHW 
Veteran
  • MHW on 07-06-13 06:21 PM

I am working with a group of kids making a world history timeline book. This will include everything from the first people to Greeks to Renaissance to America to now. It is a journaling/craft/school research project.

I need to come up with an idea for a cover. It will be a landscaped 8.5 x 11 book. It needs to be kid-doable, or at least quick enough for me to do for about 50 kids!

I thought about a clocks / Big Ben theme, but I think it will be sort of weird given that it needs to be landscaped.

Ideas for a cover that shows that the book is about world history / passage of time??

THANK YOU for any ideas you can offer!!

Edited by MHW on 07-06-13 06:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Tenant
In response to MHW

clocks from all over ancient to digital present

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to claytonrk

I think an old map of the world would look good.And it would fit the landscape orientation very well.
I googled ancient world map and found this one:
world map By Terrihooper

MHW 
Veteran
  • MHW on 07-07-13 04:07 PM
In response to terrihooper

Love these ideas - thanks!

t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps
In response to MHW

My first thoughts were maps or globes.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to t-scraps

I like the map idea too. I have seen cool maps online. You could do a google image search for old maps. You can print them yourself...or you could use real maps that you find in an atlas at the used book store. You could also use map scrapbook paper. Theere has been lots. You could google it too. Since you need so many..you could use different maps for it.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to anda11

I just googled old world maps..there are so many cool ones to choose.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to anda11

How about symbols that immediately bring to mind certain people. For instance, pyramids remind us of Egypt, the Parthenon represents Greece, The Eiffel tower reminds of France, Big Ben or The Tower of London represent England, The Statue of Liberty represents the USA, the Maple leave represents Canada, The Sydney Opera House brings to mind Australia, The Eagle represents Rome and so on. I would do a collage of all that.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics