Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: good adhesive choice for glitter paper        (Topic#1592723)
Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom

I have some DCWV glitter paper, sorta cardstock I guess...n I am having a hard time getting glue to stick in the shiny glitter spots...any one have luck with a particular brand or type?

Sorry...can't link any images on my phone, but it's the DCWV Animal Crackers & Nanas Kids stacks. Thanks!

Edited by Juansmom on 12-07-13 06:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

andrea m
Mayor
andrea m
In response to Juansmom

yes that is an issue with most glitter papers. I have tried many adhesives including my Atg and red tacky tape. The only thing that I have found that really works is zip dry or beacon 3 in one glue. fabritac is the same thing. I would love to hear what others have gotten to work.

Edited by andrea m on 12-07-13 07:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to andrea m

I didn't try the ATG cause I'm out of refills until Santa comes...good to know

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Juansmom

Haven't tried it but what about Glossy Accents?

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to ChansGram

I've used Glossy Accents when trying to glue something to the top of the glitter paper, ie. on the glitter....
When adhering the paper to my BG, I often use my Xyron. I find that it sticks the thick sort of shiny cardboard backing pretty well......

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to kiyawinn

I really like my xyron to much. I have the first three but not the 900. I use my X on every page. It works the best for me on glitter depending on the size. I also love my ATG. By some luck I posess 2 ATGs. So I keep 1/2" tape in the yellow and 1/4" in my pink one.

DianaGail
Tenant
DianaGail
In response to Grammy24

E6000 or yes! Paste.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to DianaGail

I have a xyron...n have never used it!!! The permanent adhesive or any formula?

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Juansmom

I use Beacons but first I rub the cs with a bone folder (where the item will sit that I'm putting on) and get rid of the loose glitter...helps a lot.

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to Sunnydi

• Sunnydi Said:
I use Beacons but first I rub the cs with a bone folder (where the item will sit that I'm putting on) and get rid of the loose glitter...helps a lot.

That's a good idea! You could probably also sand some of the glitter off with sandpaper or an emery board to make it smoother for the adhesive to stick.

Lauri D
Diva
Lauri D
In response to Mary W.

Crafter's pick - Memory Mount! I use it on the back of chipboard sticker that don't stick well, little jewels, anything. I'll apply it with anything from a paintbruch to a tip of a toothpick. This stuff is AWESOME!

anda11
anda11 
Governor
anda11
In response to Juansmom

Well, I have used several things. xyron works great. I love using it. I also used a glue pen. If you check out my Cinderella castle page 2..I used a castle that was a coloring page. I covered it in glitter. It was the Jelly roll glue pen(Sakura quickie glue. That worked for loose glitter.
I also would use my ATG now since I didn't have it before.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to anda11

The last time I bought glitter paper was pre-ATG so I can't comment on that. Back then I used glue dots. They worked well.

BonjourScrap
Veteran
BonjourScrap
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I use Fabri-Tac. Works well.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to BonjourScrap

Thank you all...I'm gonna try a liquid glue first n see how that goes! Next project with this paper I will do some ATG n some xyron to test...then progress from there!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to Juansmom

Ive used the foam tape with success. And if its not too glittery, then ATG works well.

Grammy24
Veteran
Grammy24
In response to Juansmom

I really recommend any Xyron. I do try to run as many things as width will allow, like 2 or 3 pieces of ribbon depending on the width of each. Awesome for small letters.

Juansmom
Idol
Juansmom
In response to Grammy24

I tried liquid...its the scotch 2-way scrapbookers glue...I don't like it bc it tends to curl the paper...but it sticks like crazy...but I had some banner ends that lifted...I kinda liked the raised look so I put a couple of foam squares under the edges...the Thermoweb squares stick so welll!!

Edited by Juansmom on 12-11-13 09:16 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GwynnAsbury
Veteran
GwynnAsbury
In response to Juansmom

Try the Beacon 3-in-1 Craft adhesive. It is a clear non-run formula and doesn't do the crackling thing that the Scotch does. Another option is Quick Dry adhesive. In my opinion, the only adhesives that work for those shiney glitter papers are the liquid adhesive.

The 3-in-1 adhesive is a wet paper adhesive, so you can also use it to restick ink pads to their casing, and glue wet pieces of paper together. I have tried both and been very happy.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by GwynnAsbury on 12-12-13 07:30 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sewflake
Diva
Sewflake
In response to GwynnAsbury

Thank you for asking the adhesive question.... I too have had problems getting those shinny dp to stick to each other, like when I am layering from the same paper pack!! As I sit here now, one of framed layouts on the wall has several things just kinda hanging inside the shadow box. I have taken it down once and re-glued the layers but nothing I have used so far worked.
Wouldn't you know, I just got rid of all my xyrons, my zip glue dried up in the bottle, and I never thought to use YES paste. Although that has dried up some too and I'm now in the process of adding water so I can use it again.
I predominantly use an ATG, which did not hold on those, shinny embossed nor glitter papers, very well.
I will try YES paste next (since I already own some) then go to something else if that doesn't work.
Oh and thank you for posting pictures as I am more of a visual person.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics