Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Now WHAT????        (Topic#1593625)
New Kid On the Block

Where are we going to buy scrapbook supplies now that Archiver's is closing???!!!!
Joann's and Michael's paper is a joke! They have the same paper today as they did 5 years ago!!! The quality is not there either!
Help!!!!

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to celgrandnanny

I buy all of mine online. I usually shop and fill up my wish list and then when Scrapbook.com has their free shipping days I splurge. They have a great selection here.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to olleharr

I do a lot of shopping online now (the local independent scrapbook store closed a year ago), and I never really did go to Archiver's much except when I knew I needed a specific product that they were likely to have (but often didn't actually have - one time I wanted only one design from a then-current Basic Grey line, and that was the one pattern the store near me didn't have). While I wish Joann's would carry more of the designer lines, I actually appreciate their mostly-unchanging stock - they have a lot of wonderful general-purpose papers that I like, and it's reassuring to know I can always go back and get some old favorites. My paper rack at home has some stuff about a decade old on it, which I still love, so that's not a big problem for me.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to aquabunny

I agree. The paper at Michael's (patterned mostly) is so very old. Once in awhile they have some new lines, but not very often. The racks at my store are generally half empty, torn, and in the wrong place. Archivers always had the newest paper (thick) and cue embellishments to match. You paid the price, but I loved the options.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to 950nancy

Buy it here!!

Fantastic selection
Awesome Customer service
Carefully packaged and fast shipping
Competitive prices
Free forums and boards
No gas spent running store to store

It's a shame they went out of business but you still have options for great products.

anda11
anda11 
Mayor
anda11
In response to celgrandnanny

I am so sad that they are closing...They were one of my fav stores.. I know that they have the same type of product here.. They have so much more choices here .They carry most lines here too..I love shopping here They ship pretty fast here. every item is packaged so well.
I am an equal opportunity shopper/scrapper...
I love distressed vintage but I also love cutesy too. I love vintage 3d stickers but I also love flat stickers.. I love shopping at Hob Lob & Mikes..they have both styles for me

Edited by anda11 on 01-19-14 08:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to anda11

I like to shop here because when I am looking at LO's in the gallery and see something I love, (and hopefully it has the product listed) you can add it to your wishlist to consider buying.

bonprof
Idol
bonprof
In response to CrimsonMama

I spend crazy money here. At Christmas time, they sent me a $15 coupon!! I also sent you a pm.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to bonprof

We are so lucky to still have a FANTASTIC local store here in the area. I'm crossing my fingers that the Archivers demise helps them so they can stay in business. I will certainly miss Archivers though, because they were so close. I do order a lot on-line, but I'm an impatient person so while I love finding a package on my porch, I hate the wait!

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to dwelch

I can't seem to shop online.....I tend to need to touch, see and feel paper in person to fall in love enough to buy it.

Expert
In response to PhotobearSam

...no...some of Joann's paper is at least 8 years old...because I started scrapping when my oldest was 3 months old and he'll be 9 in MAY!!! I seriously want to cry when I see the same paper I bought early on in the store...

I too will really miss Archivers. I have a great LSS in the metro area, but their coupons are pretty useless and limited. They have a great selection, but rarely have collection packs--and I hate buying individual papers because that adds up way too fast. So I'm not sure what I'll be doing for most of my scrappy shopping anymore. I guess I'll just have to watch for sales here, and hope I've seen things I like beforehand in my LSS--I too like to see before I buy as the colors are never quite the same.

olleharr
Mayor
olleharr
In response to HuskerMom98

I have been very pleased with the 12x12 paper pad selection at Michaels though. If you look closely they have a lot of the American Craft paper line only they sell them under a different name and the Recollections brand. They are the same exact paper designs.

OlesyaK.
Diva
OlesyaK.
In response to olleharr

geez ok calm down. you have three stores in the area, plus the LSS (if the area is big enough for three department stores, there must be a scrapbooking store too). some people don't have even that much..

Here in Canada we only have Michaels, not even other stores, and the releases don't get updated as quickly as in the States. Online shopping is expensive with shipping and taxes. My LSS is good for paper collections but not so good for tapes and tools and stickers.

And honestly, how often do you really buy hot new collections right off the press and toss the remaining papers from the release 6 months ago?? p-leeease...

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to olleharr

Yes I've noticed that about Ms Recollections brand. I have on pas that is MME Miss Caroline redo.... Is that American Crafts? My Minds Eye, I mean...anyway, pretty cute.

I can't live by one paper company alone!

I will say I have quite a lot of DCWV but I haven't cared for any of their new lines in a while.

There is one very tiny local stamp store near me that has a lot of really good paper lines including a full compliment of G45.

bonprof
Idol
bonprof
In response to PhotobearSam

That's how i felt before sb.com. I love , love shopping here!!

ckair 
Resident
  • ckair on 01-20-14 05:10 PM
In response to bonprof

Archiver's is about 2 miles from my home. I am so sad!! I love to buy the new paper lines and coordinating embellishments. There are no other stores that carry the newest products around me. I will be shopping here, and purchasing on free shipping day!! Everyone help me remember to check for free shipping days!!

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to ckair

I like shopping at sb.com because they have things that the local M's and HL don't have. We still have a LSS just a few miles away but I have never been able to go there because their store hours are during the week (when I am at work) and they close before I get home. They're not open on the weekends, sadly. So, as much as I would love to support them, the only way I can do that is by attending their once a month all day crops (which they are starting up again in Feb! Yippy!). We have an archivers about 15 minutes from where I live but I have never been there because I can find everything I need between SB.com, M's & HL.

bonprof
Idol
bonprof
In response to ckair

They have specials and coupons every day here! Yahoo!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-20-14 05:32 PM
In response to bonprof

And make sure you have your birthday in your profile, you get a $5 coupon which is close enough to free shipping in my book

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 01-20-14 05:37 PM
In response to OlesyaK.

• OlesyaK. Said:
... (if the area is big enough for three department stores, there must be a scrapbooking store too)

I have SIX major department stores nearby (Macy's, Nordstrom, Barneys, Saks, Neimans, Bloomies) plus Penneys, Kohls, and Sears, and the closest scrapbooking store (besides M's and J's which don't count because 95% of the time I go in I don't buy a single thing) is an hour drive each way, plus a $5 bridge toll.

I'll happily pay for shipping to avoid this.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics