Username Post: Cricut Explore        (Topic#1593673)
Expert

What do you all think of the new cricut explore?
Do you think it's worth it? I understand that you can also make your own designs on it? I watched the videos on cricut.com, but I am not sure if I want to go this way.
I already own a cricut expression and some manual machines too (big kick and spellbinders.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to deedee49

I haven't seen enough of it yet, but I do know that I don't need it, as I have many machines.
But what I am wondering is if it will cut any better than their other machines?
I know it is going to have other bells and whistles than all their other machines but if it doesn't cut any better then why bother.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to ChansGram

Trish, I read from a reliable source (someone who was in Utah) and said it cuts beautifully and it cuts real circles.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to HisGEM

Kenya! That is awesome! Real circles?!!!!!
I'm pretty sure I still won't get it but for those in the market for a new machine, it's exciting!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to ChansGram

I'll never give provo craft my money from now on....I'll keep my expression for my CTMH cartridge but they quit offering support for the gypsy which they should still support and this machine requires a subscription to design and save your files.

My cameo I can design to my hearts content and never have to buy a subscription unless I want to on top of that they offer deals where I get 30% off and can get $25 worth of files for $7.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Sneezy1956

As far as I'm aware (I was looking into this just the other day on heir website, trying to help someone out elsewhere on this forum), they do still offer tech support for Gypsy and Design Studio, they're just no longer offering updates.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to aquabunny

No way....they say their app won't be ready till late 2014 and some features are to COME....where have I heard that from them before. Imagine anyone?????

A monthly subscription......no way

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to PhotobearSam

I have been on my soapbox (in a respectful way asking questions) with the whole Imagine piece...I wont contaminate this forum....but I will say I am happy people who desire the capabilities of the Explore will get what they want. However, I am not happy with the business practices......

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to HisGEM

you hit the nail on the head with your statement. I will not be buying anymore carts. I have more than enough but I will continue to check the reward site to see if I can use them up before they pull the deal on that also.

nallian
Expert
nallian
In response to Unique scrapper

I am on the fence. I want to be able to cut SVG files for free. PC is never forthcoming with solid info. Until I know for sure you can cut files for free. I am buying the Cameo.
I really love my expressions. They are solid machines. I love the craftroom.
But..... The Imagine I owned I got burnt. I have a Yudu, Yourstory, cake machine, Gypsy and Imagine that are no longer supported. I know technology changes but the Imagine was not rendered obsolete that quickly.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to nallian

I am needing to upgrade my E soon, she's getting tired. I am debating the Explore vs. E2. If you news a subscription, paid that is, to operate the machine then I don't want it. I have 23 carts, I really want to just stick with Cricut.

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to BlingQueenRia

I was all excited about this one, but I have the small bug and the Expressions. They are good machines, but not impressive. I did not know about the Imagine...that stinks.

I never got into the gypsy thing or the thing that combined them before that...lol.

I have been wanting a cameo, but I also seen another machine recently that I might get but its a $500 machine. Of course I could do the Eclips instead.

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to TJCraftyWitch

Check out the back peddling that PC is doing. Got this from the cricut boards today.

" quote taken from Cricut dot com message boards.....OK - I just got off the phone with PC - I even spoke with Cricut GENA.

She did verify that PC listened to the bloggers and their customers and has made the decision to change it. All files, including svg and dxf can be uploaded AND CUT for FREE!

I am very happy to hear this!

I asked her if she, or someone else, had a moment to please make a post here."

What do we all think ?

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM

I think it is a load of bologna!! They should have done that from the beginning. People have been asking for this capability for years. They did this because they knew people were going to pass on the Explore. Why spend $299 on a machine and PAY to cut svg files when you can get a comparable machine to do the same for what? FREE!! Now, I wish they would listen AND answer those who are asking about their obsolete Imagine cartridges...ijs

PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam
In response to HisGEM

They need to address what they did to imagine customers.

~Alma Scrapera~
Expert
~Alma Scrapera~

I am a Cricut E2 owner, who previously bought SCAL to cut SVG files. I am glad to hear the new machine will allow SVG and font files to be cut for free. I will be putting the new machine on my Christmas list. I had been leery of buying another machine, but I think this one sounds great. Of course, I will have many months to hear what people think about the machine before Christmas 2014. But, I have invested in a lot of cartridges, so I'd like to stay with this line personally. I never bought any of the other machines from PC or other companies.

BonjourScrap
Veteran
BonjourScrap
In response to ~Alma Scrapera~

the worst point is you cannot use the machine without computer anymore. And I'm sure you cannot use SCAL with it. You're stuck with their app. I think you cannot use your own pen anymore.
I will pass this one, maybe I will get a Scan-N-Cut instead.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics