Username Post: Baby Marshal arrived at 2lbs 3oz        (Topic#1586645)
SnowDog
Guru
SnowDog

My dd had life threatening liver complications and had to deliver 2-1/2mos early. (Her liver was ready to burst, her blood pressure soared over 200 all this within an hours time) she was rushed from one hospital to another and they had to put her under to deliver. This was her 1st touch at 10:30pm - he was born 3/26 at 4:40am.

Mom and baby are doing GREAT! Sierra was released from the hospital yesterday but they say little Marshal has to stay until his due date of June 15th.

The hospital is saving all of his items but I'm not sure how I want to keep them. I was thinking at first a shadow box, but then I was thinking those large book type boxes that you see at Michaels and doing something with that.

Any ideas? I have the premie x-tra samll diaper and his first foot & fingerprints and some bands, they took him off the lights so I'll have his little googles next but considering everything is so lumpy I'm not sure how to preserve it.

Baby Marshal 2lbs 3oz By SnowDog

Edited by SnowDog on 04-02-13 03:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to SnowDog

First, congratulations!!

Second, take a picture of the baby wearing or using particular items that you want to save (if you can). "Pictures are worth a thousand words"

Third, I would purchase a very special box and place all the items you want to save in it. Give it to the him when he turns 18/21 or give it to his future wife when she is expecting.

Best of luck!
-Nancy

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Fargomutt

Congratulations!

I agree that I'd preserve everything, take gobs of pictures, and put it all in a beautiful box for storage. I am sure more items will be added to the box during his hospital stay, so at a later date, you can look through everything and decide how you want to display it.

I hope you guys are journaling his triumphs, because I'd imagine that the days will all run together over time. Having a journal would be priceless.

What a precious little cutie!

SnowDog
Guru
SnowDog
In response to siameseplease

Sierra does not do any scrapbooking, so I got her a Smash book baby style, so she could journal in it as each day something new happens with Marshal. I got her some letters and jolee items etc too.

She has my camera as each day she gets to hold him for 1hr skin to skin - now I'm waiting for my camera back to download the pics. As only her & daddy can touch the baby - no one else yet

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to SnowDog

No ideas to add to the ones already given, but just wanted to say that I'm so glad your dd and baby are doing great! That is such a scary thing. I know having a kid still in the NICU is a really tough thing though (a few of my friends dealt with that - one brought twins at 28 weeks so it was months for them too). And the kangaroo care seriously does work wonders for them, I guess. I'll keep them in my prayers for a speedy and healthy recovery!

dorichatelain
Resident
dorichatelain
In response to scraprabbit

congrats.

I know how mom is feeling right now. I had my youngest daughter at 30 weeks. She was 2 pounds 12 ounces.

It is scary.

The doctors said she would have to stay in the hospital until her delivery date on Jan 20 but she came home on Dec 18. just 6 weeks in the hospital instead of 12 weeks.

I kept all my daugthers things in a little keep sake box. I took many pictures. Her dad took a video of her and then walked all over the hospital taking video of the hospital. it was crazy fun for him. The funny thing is that when she was in high school we went to the same hospital for some reason and she started laughing when we were walking through the hospital. she said I remember all this. I aske dher how she could remember and she said from the baby video... She is now 20 and she loves looking at her baby hospital video.... and pictures

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics