Page 1 of 438 
Username Post: The Eiffel Tower gallery/support group (Full and Active)        (Topic#1424907)
Pandy
Pandy 
Idol
Pandy
  • Pandy on 06-25-07 01:43 AM

Hi Group Members! Here is our new thread. Hope to see you here soon!!

Our members

Trisha - trishalouise Mar. 17
Twila - twilatf Nov. 25
Sue - suzi29 Jan. 8 * 87p/55p
Mindy - mindyradio Feb. 18 * 170p/100p
Holly - Devinsmommy Feb. 24
Steph - Steph K Feb. 29
Lynn - Scrappinresp04 Aug. 18
Nina - Ninja March 5 * 170p/100p
Jordan - JordanRadio Feb. 2 * 90p/25p
Ulrica - Emmy74 Oct. 13 * 32p
Kell - Kellmorris Oct. 1 * 150/60p
Ami - Ahg Feb. 1 * 170p/100p
Hannah - Hannahsaucier June 27

Laura / Pandy - Pandy (Group Driver) Aug. 22 * 117/25p

Blue Points - Technique/Monthly Challenges
Green Points - BOM Challenge

Group Challenges Layouts - Round 1 Winner - Nina!!
'June -Getting to Know You' - completed
'July Scrap Something Funny' - completed
'August Scrap Yourself (Lift) - completed

Group Challenges Layouts - Round 2 Winner - Minday!!!
Use What You're Sent Swap Challenge - COMPLETED
Postcard Album / SwapCOMPLETED
Surprise Mini-Challenge!COMPLETED
ETG Mini Challenge #2 - 30 minute Scrap Challenge! COMPLETED
November ETG Challenge - stitching!![/b} - COMPLETED
Final Challenge - Favorite 1-10 Lift - COMPLETED

Group Challenges Layouts - Round 3 Winner - Nina!
Challenge #1 - '123456 Challenge' - COMPLETED
Challenge #2 - Magpie Challenge - COMPLETED
Challenge # 3 - ETG M.E.T.A.L. Challenge - [/b}COMPLETED

****ROUND FOUR****Winner Ami!!! ***Participation Winner - Emmy!!!***

June - Haul Out Your Stickers Challenge COMPLETED Deadline - June 30. Pts: 25
Christmas in July Challenge COMPLETED - Deadline - July 31. Pts: 20
July No PP or Decorations! COMPLETED - Deadline - July 31.Pts - 25
MID-MONTH MINI-INCHIE CHALLENGE!! COMPLETED Deadline July 31. Points: 10
The August Take Five Challenge COMPLETED
September Technique Challenge - Embellish it!! COMPLETED
October Technique Challenge - Stamp It!!! COMPLETED

Extra 'Mini' Challenge!!! Moments Mini-Album

BOM Album Challenge - Layout a month for a year

June 2008 - A Day in My Life

July 2008-(the 'title page' of your BOM album)Scrap a page about your first name.
August 2008 Your favorites;
September 2008 - Scrap a Family Member
October 2008 - A Childhood Photo or Memory

The Fine Print

New Rule!! You canNOT combine the BOM monthly challenge with our normal monthly challenges. Sorry girls. All this point counting and tallying is just too much. So, two separate challenges here. The BOM challenge runs year long and independently of the other round challenges.

Deadlines will be the end of the month of the given challenge - example June 2009 challenge is due by the last day of June to qualify for points.

Please take note of the deadlines. Your challenges must be uploaded in your galleries during the times posted on each challenge.

Everyone remember that there is now a Participation drawing so even if you don't get all the points for all the challenges there's still a chance to win a little something anyway so get those projects done!!

January Challenges!

January Technique Challenge - Due Jan 31, 09 - 25 pts

We all have it. We all love it. Yes I do mean patterned paper ! For this challenge, let your PP take center stage. Use it to cut out your own amazing embellies and flowers. Use as much as you like, as many patterns as you like, just have FUN!! All coloring agents and any metal embellies are allowed. Also you can use anything you like for the title.

January BOM Challenge - Due Jan 31, 09 - 25 pts.

Simple. Create a layout about TIME. Please use the word TIME in your title and consider your use of time in your life or your feelings about it at this time.

Bonus Challenge!! Bonus Challenge!! Due Feb 15, 09 - 50 points

Create a Holiday Mini-Album detailing your holiday experiences in 2008. Let's get those holiday photos done early this year!! This will be great for those of us who are behind and will prolly never get caught up. Like me! Album can be made of anything and be any size. Please at least 4 pages (8 sides).

Good luck everyone.

OTHER ACTIVITIES

Spring ATC Swap 2008 - Completed
WOW Groups Anniversary Card Dedication Challenge - Completed
STAMPED IMAGE SWAP - Completed

Envelope "Mail Art" Swap !
Mail - Out Deadline: December 1, 2008

This will be an open swap. Everyone mail to everyone else. Be sure you have the updated address list.

Decorate an envelope with a Christmas theme. This is the 'Mail Art' portion of the swap. It's supposed to be ART. Please use a minimum of 3 embellishments. Remember that mail art should be carefully done so that there are no loose items on the envelopes that can fall off or get caught in post office equipment. Think stamps, inks, paint, stickers.. paper layers, etc.

The envelope will have a small gift inside--handmade, storebought, or a combination of the two--this is at the sender's discretion. The envelope should be Christmas themed but the gift does not necessarily have to be.

The dollar amount set for the gift is a maximum of $5. You do not have to spend this much--but this is the max that should be spent.

Participants are:

Ami
Laura
Hannah
Steph
Mindy
Jordan
Nina
Lynn

------------------------- --------------------

Here is a link to our old thread in case we need to look back into it for anything. Old Thread ETG - Formed June 16, 2007

Edited by Pandy on 01-01-09 08:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

devinsmommy
Pro
devinsmommy
In response to Pandy

Hey!! I'm here!! Whats up?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-25-07 03:38 AM
In response to devinsmommy

Hello, I found it:)

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-25-07 03:49 AM
In response to Just-Me

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/23038/view/ 898197/-1...
lastest layout=
first page of Tavin layout!
you ladies have a great day!

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to Just-Me

I found it too. I'm here and will post a new LO when Connor takes his nap.
Laura, can you help me join a challenge? Mindy

Pandy
Pandy 
Idol
Pandy
  • Pandy on 06-25-07 04:55 AM
In response to mindyradio

Hi everyone!!

Mindy - What can I do to help? I posted you someo information in the old thread... Will get it and paste it here..

• Quote:
  • mindyradio Said:
Laura, I've been thinking of joining the multiple pictures challenge. How do I go about joining a challenge? Is there a place here in the forums I can go to see what other challenges are going on?
That is one sweet LO your daughter did about Sophia. It must be hard being so far from your faimily.

Mindy

Hi Mindy!! I just thought I'd add a couple things to what Deb said about challenges.

After you find the challenge of your choice, be sure and read the rules posted in the first post of the thread. Then usually all that is required is to post in the thread and state something like 'I'm in and here's my submission.. etc', and then just link your LO there! The hostess will do the rest.

The only other thing to do is leave lotsa lovin' on all the other submissions!

At the end of the month, you will be asked to PM the hostess your faves and usually you can vote for yourself as well. The number of faves vary from challenge to challenge - read the rules. Then a poll will be posted where everyone on sb.com can vote for their faves.

Hope this is the info you were looking for?

I have submissions in both sections of the Multiple Pic challenge - 2-5 photos and 6 +. (Now when will I ever get time to get around to all these challenges and leave comments????? That's tough to do if you enter a lot!

Thanks for your comments about Holly's LO on Sofia. I really miss that girl.... It IS tough sometimes although we keep pretty close with the computer.

Good luck with the challenges!!

Hope this helps!

Everyone:Please go back and read any posts in the old thread you might have missed. Just be sure to post here!

Edited by Pandy on 06-25-07 05:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

suzi29
suzi29 
Diva
suzi29
In response to Just-Me

Good morning everyone...I'm sorry I haven't been around much but there has been a death in the family. My sister-in-law (who has been very ill) passed away Saturday. There is quite a lot to do. I am however, almost finished with my challenge I just have to get the pic's. I'll be back as soon as things quiet down.
Sue

laurasr1984
Resident
laurasr1984
In response to suzi29

Good morning everyone!
Suzi sorry to hear about your SIL.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to laurasr1984

Morning!

Checking in on the new thread!
Off too check out the new layouts

Pandy
Pandy 
Idol
Pandy
  • Pandy on 06-25-07 06:11 AM
In response to TrishaLouise

Hi Sue!So sorry to hear about your SIL! Hope things are going ok and we are thinking of you and your family!

my_kind_of_scene
Expert
my_kind_of_scene
In response to Pandy

Sue My condolences to you & your family

Ninja
Ninja  
Mayor
Ninja
In response to TrishaLouise

So sorry to hear about your loss Sue... hope things get back to a norm soon... will keep you in thought and prayer...

OK.. found the new thread... and I think I am caught up on the old one...LOL.. dang if you miss a couple of days.. you have lots to catch up on!!

we had eric's dad and step mom arrive from CA last week and everyone came over to our house on sat. for a cook out... and it rained all day soo we were all inside.. so I had lots of pre-arrival cleaning to do and then post clean-up... so hopefully back to norm now. I doo soo love my house when it is company clean!! wish I could only maintain it... lol... it's hard with 4 kids ranging from almost 4 to 16!! but I am soo enjoying the clean today while it is here!!

loving everyone's layouts!!! man you guys are scrappin quick!!! had to clean the kitchen table off with all my stuff over it... can you believe it!!! but hoping to drag it all out again today at some point!!! LOL.. really want to do the challenge and hopefully a few more for the lucky 7 contest... we'll see...

Mindy.. glad to hear you ds is feeling better!!

Nic.. welcome... and I soo am printing those instructions off.. although I do not have photoshop, I have photo explosion and am hoping I can do something like that... I really do not know the program very well because it is fairly new.. I just got a new computer and it has vista which has been a nightmare for me... so with that I got some new programs and was at a lost at what to get for a photo plus just a graphic type program.. I used to have printship de Lux which I loved but it was not compatiable with vista... nothing but a nightmare over here with this puter... so I am going to go take a look at some point to see if I can do something like that... we will see... I soo love that look of the pic being b&w with a touch of color!!! who knows, maybe I will get a whole new program!! I might be asking you lots of questions... hope you won't mind.

Laura... I can't believe it takes soo much to get a Wishblade or other things over there... it is funny the simple things we take for granted... but I would love to have one!!!

Lynn.. you have been scrappin lots... and man you have more done in your waking hours then I tend to get done all day!!! LOL....

ok.. jumping in the shower now... I mean after all it is 10:30!!

Ninja
Ninja  
Mayor
Ninja
In response to Ninja

oh...Deb... yep I did know they were rats!! LOL.. that's why we bought them!! wink wink...

Steph... I use those cats eye's all the time... they are used throughout a lot of my lo's and altered items... I was trying to look and I am not sure I have them on letters.. which totatlly surprised me when I went to look.. but the "st" on avery's 1st' birthday has an orange on it, it is kind of hard to see in the photo, but is shows up really well in real life.. but you should get a few and mess witht them.. I really do use mine alot.. on tags, edges of things, paper... I have a small can of them.. and I think you would like them too.. buy a few and mess around with them... I think you can buy a package of 3 at hobby lobby for around 6.00 or in a srape store individually for a couple bucks...

ok.. now jumping in the shower!

Ninja
Ninja  
Mayor
Ninja
In response to Ninja

inked edges... with color box cats eye inks

steph.. this is a title with with the inking around the edges... the deco squares at the top on it too.. but really harder to see in the pic.. but the white title has a brown around it.. it would look great on your new letters!!

if you look under the layout in the product used category you can click on that link and it will take you to the product if you want to see what they look like, if you are not familar with them... ok.. hope that helps...

Edited by Ninja on 06-25-07 06:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Pandy
Pandy 
Idol
Pandy
  • Pandy on 06-25-07 06:32 AM
In response to Ninja

Hi All!!

Just wanted to post my new LO. Hope you'll take a looksie!

Beginnings

Thanks and be back in a bit!

Pandy
Pandy 
Idol
Pandy
  • Pandy on 06-25-07 06:49 AM
In response to Pandy

Steph! I have to chime in with my .02 on Cat's Eyes. I use the fluid chalk andI LOVE THEM! I could not live without them! I only have two, but I have more on the way. Can't wait!

Here are two of my pages as examples:

The Wonder of You Every edge on this LO has been chalked with Creamy Brown and Rose Coral. The flowers, the journalling strps, the paper.. everything.

Learning to Slide All the stars on this one have been chalked with Creamy Brown

As Nina said, just get one or two and tinker with them.. you'll them!!

Steph K
Pro
Steph K
In response to Pandy

I'm definitely going to have to try out those chalks, because the results look really neat!

Sue, I'm sorry about your loss. It's always hard when there's a death in the family.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-25-07 07:23 AM
In response to suzi29

• suzi29 Said:
Good morning everyone...I'm sorry I haven't been around much but there has been a death in the family. My sister-in-law (who has been very ill) passed away Saturday. There is quite a lot to do. I am however, almost finished with my challenge I just have to get the pic's. I'll be back as soon as things quiet down.
Sue

so sorry for your loss! Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-25-07 07:28 AM
In response to Just-Me

great layouts ladies!! Beautiful work!! I love all of them!!

mindyradio
Queen
mindyradio
In response to Just-Me

I did it....I entered my 1st challenge here. I hope I did it right. Thanks for the help Laura.

Sue, I am so sorry to hear about your SIL. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Steph, I only have 2 cat's eye inks. But I love them. They are great for edging. I'd recommend black or brown as one of your first.

Here is the link to my new LO that I entered in the June Multiple pics Challenge. Although Laura's Kiruna LO is in it too and it's a much better use of multiple pics than mine. And so are Nic and Deb's. But at least I tried.

Trampoline Fun

Page 1 of 438 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics