Page 1 of 437 
Username Post: COF Critique Group #3--Why not join us!        (Topic#1452287)
scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

This is a critique group; but it's also a social group to share projects, challenge each other, grow in our scrapping skills and techniques, and make friends.

Members:
Scrapperbee (Bev)
Sherrise
lcmemories (Laura)
MelissaW
CASBa (Cassie)
ariyavatkul
love4scrappin85 (Kristen)
AshleyLadd (Elaine)
Allisonaussie
Tealbrand (Mel)
runzalot81 (Alissa)

Inactive Members: Beth G, Wendyjo, AndreaO, taeklund, 3jmom (Diana), mamapickles (Martha), Croppin' Momma

Edited by scrapperbee on 07-30-11 03:36 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to scrapperbee

Okay ladies, here's to a great CG #3. Hope you enjoy the first activity and challenge. As soon as we get settled, we'll try to get a swap going, probably for our March activity.

Edited by scrapperbee on 02-12-08 02:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

3jmom
3jmom 
Governor
3jmom
  • 3jmom on 02-12-08 03:08 PM

• scrapperbee Said:
Okay ladies, here's to a great CG #3. Hope you enjoy the first activity and challenge. As soon as we get settled, we'll try to get a swap going, probably for our March activity.

What is a BOM page??? LOL - that usually to me means Block of the Month (I teach quilting classes and that's what we call a one block per month program). hmmm... what could it be... Bring our Monsters? Break out Music? Blame our Mother? ok... I'll just wait for an answer - these sound too dangerous....

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to 3jmom

Book of Me! In other words, a lo about "Me"! Just a way for us to get to know each other better. Though some of your ideas sound a lot more exciting!

Edited by scrapperbee on 02-12-08 03:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Sounds great!! I'm in. Who doesn't love to talk about themselves!!!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to wendyjo

BTW, please feel free to share any lo or project you're especially pleased with, or want some input for. Guess I forgot to mention that! And that really is the main purpose of a CG!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

What is BTW?

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to wendyjo

By the way! And, btw, there is a thread that explains the abbreviations used around here. I'll try to find it.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Here is a thread of abbreviations: abbreviations

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Here are my revised goals:

I would like to try some new techniques, and create a few pages that are out of my normal style (whatever that is!). I create both digi and real pages, as well as hybrid layouts. I am always open to suggestions on how to improve my pages. If anyone sees anything that isn't quite working, or can think of a way for my page to look better PLEASE let me know.

I am really looking forward to the challenges, as well as participating in some swaps within this group.

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW

• scrapperbee Said:
Here is a thread of abbreviations: abbreviations

Thanks! I'm in need of this. I try to go between THREE different websites with THREE different uses for some of the same abbreviations! (I moderate on a writing website as well as participate on an art website, but lately my favorite has become scrapbook.com again.)

Anyway, I already have a challenge done and I didn't even mean to! Haha! I'll post it here shortly, once I figure out how to link to a page again!

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to MelissaW

Here we go!

This is the newest layout, made for my BoM. There's other images, as well, with the close-up of the detail and the journaling, too.

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise
In response to MelissaW

Bev, this is great! Here's my new goals:

I would love to get more scrapping done. You gals are a great inspiration in that arena.
I want to get out of my comfort zone, and try new styles.

Bev, can you remind me what the three questions were that you wanted us to answer, please?! Thanks!

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise
In response to Sherrise

Oops.. forgot to subscribe

MelissaW
Queen
MelissaW
In response to Sherrise

Gah! I didn't realize that the BoM LO was to about SBing. I need to read closer.

OK. I'm done spamming the page for the evening. And Sherrise - the petals do match the more coral color on the LO. It came off more flourescent in the photos, for some reason or another. I just ran and checked because sometimes ink doesn't come out the color it's supposed to when used heavily. But it does match! Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to MelissaW

Here is my BOM...I have recently started scrapbooking in the last 6 months. It is weird because it has somewhat taken over my already semi, crazy life. I spend all my time, and money papercrafting of some sort. I have already started 3 albums!? Is that normal? I am kind of scared of this obsessed person I have become. Sunday isn't happening until I see the Michaels ad.
Anyway, my goals for 2008 is to keep making my layouts and cards more creative, more detailed. I want to learn more skills. I have signed up to take some card making classes at the local scrappin store. Hopefully they are helpful. I want to get to know gals on this site better, and get feedback, positive and negative, on my projects. I bet you guys didn't know that you could help me with my goals, huh? Also, my personal scrapbooking goals, is to keep to my monthly "creative" budget. I also want to start a group of gals locally to get together, and scrap.
There you have it, my aspirations, and you just met me!!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to wendyjo

Sherrise, the three questions:

1. What your favorite scrapping styles, materials, techniques are.

2. Some materials or techniques you would like to try but haven't had the nerve yet.

3. Any specific suggestions you have for us to try as a group.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

I'm checking in, to make sure you have me!!

In answer to your questions.

1. i don't have a favourite scrapping style or technique, i just love scrapping and learning new techniques. i do like multi- pics and i like sketches.

2. As above, i just like trying new products, papers et,

3. Ideas:
  • postcard swap and create an album
  • ATC swap
  • LO with specific items to be included
  • LO made with all of from the groups photos
  • an easter card swap
  • Secret sister and make Lo using the supplies

That will do for now!!!

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips
In response to Kellmorris

HI all,

JCI very quickly, two kids and myself to get off to school!

I would love to join if there is still room Please!!!

Will check back later tonight! have a good day/night!!!!

Helena
XXXX

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to Helena Philips

Hi Helene!! I love your gallery! I think am the only person on at the moment, since it is 2:58 a.m. here. I am certain Bev will be back in touch with you shortly.

Great lo Melissa!!

Wendy, this can really take over your life. I find it to be very therapeutic, although I still get in slumps now and again. Your goals are terrific. I need to take hold of that "creative" budget goal, and make that my own.

Ok, to answer the questions:

1. What your favorite scrapping styles, materials, techniques are: I have a bit of a grungy style I think, kind of shabby, which I hope leans toward "chic". I like for things to be layered. My photos tend to touch and overlap, and I often do multi pic layouts. When I began this obsession, oops I mean hobby, I started out with 8 1/2 x 11 scrapbooks, because they were so much less expensive, and the pages are easier to scan. Then, when I discovered digital, it was easier to print out in the size too, so the majority of my pages are that size. The exception are my vacation pages, which I almost always do in 12 x 12.

2. Some materials or techniques you would like to try but haven't had the nerve yet.
I need to learn to use stamps . . . yes, really, every time I have ever tried to do any stamping it looks horrendous. I would like to do more doodling, and possibly get one of those doodling genies to help add interest to my pages. My goal would be to get an even more layered textured layout as a finished product.

3. Any specific suggestions you have for us to try as a group.
I'll just ditto anything anyone wants to do. I LOVE challenges, since they help keep me inspired. Lift challenges, sketch challenges, technique challenges are all fun.

I used to be involved in swaps quite a bit, and I really enjoy making things for people, especially a small group such as this one.

Edited by Laura C on 02-13-08 01:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 437 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics