Page 1 of 29 
Username Post: Grand Delusions Grandmas Support Group/Open and Accepting Members        (Topic#1522877)
CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Welcome to Grand Delusions!!! This very thread may be my grandest "delusion" yet

The purpose of Grand Delusions is tri-fold.

1. To be a social area for grandmothers to talk about life, jobs, kids, grandchildren, husbands, scrapping, crafting and paper crafting, and anything else that we can graciously discuss amongst ourselves without starting WW III. No vicious gossip please I mean if you're going to talk about me at least do it in PM's I'd love to have a morning coffee hour every day. Coffee with friends is a wonderful way to start the day

2. To be a place to share crafting ideas (scrapping and other crafts), learn from eachother, and share finished product. That means you're welcome to post photos of your LO's, projects and other crafts, but no one is REQUIRED to. You can post only the ones you are particularly proud of, or you can simply direct us to your gallery if you don't want to post all 14 photos that you just uploaded if that's easier for you

3. To be a support mechanism in our roles as both parents, grandparents and children as we find ourselves increasingly caught inbetween the three roles. Let's laugh together, cry together, rant and rave together,,,,,,,and maybe it won't be so bad when we're done

To post here you must be a grandmother OR have a grandchild on the way Step grands COUNT!

You must be willing to treat the other posters graciously.

What we're NOT:

We're not a critique group in the strict sense of the word. Please feel free to post LO's and projects if you like, but you're not reqired to. Nor is anyone REQUIRED to leave comments, although they are nice Leave them if you desire,,,,,,,perhaps you only have time to leave a few,,,,,,better a few than nothing

If you're LOOKING for a true critique group, I know one of the very best for grandmothers, and I would be happy to direct you there This is much more casual than a true critique group. Think of it as,,,,,,critique-lite

So come on in, kick off your shoes, pour yourself a cup of coffee or tea, sink into one of the overstuffed chairs, and tell us all about yourself!

and WELCOME!!! Nobody needs permission to join, just come right in and make yourself at home

Edited by CommaHolly on 04-03-10 05:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to CommaHolly

This post reserved for any news/posts etc that change on a monthly basis!!!! I'll be editing this post as needed

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

Mornin Holly.... love the 1st post. sounds like it will be a great group once people find out we are here.

scrappy grandma
Angel
scrappy grandma
In response to Ccnutts

well god morning ou guys, boy two of my good friends.
yes i am with you sounds good to me.
have a wonderful day,
god bless and hugs, love joan

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to scrappy grandma

Well hello ladies Sorry I wasn't here when you got here,,,,,I had to take a package to the post office and then pick up a comfortis for Bailey at the vet, so I tumbled into bed at 10 and slept until just now!!!!

Hi CC,,,,,,,JOANNNNNNN!!!!!! !!! HUGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSSS,,,,, ,,,,,how are you feeling honeypie????????? I know you've been sick, and I hope you're feeling better!!!!!!! Hugs hugs hugs!!!!

So how are the holiday preparations going, ladies?? Hanukkah is half over,,,,,,and I still have Christmas preparations to finish,,,,,I hope to get my Christmas shopping finished later this week

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

We have not even started decorating for Christmas. I have never waited this late to get things put up. although Dana doesn't have half the stuff I do to decorate for Christmas. I think they think less is more. And as for shoppin I am hoping to be able to go Sat. to finish my shoppin. most of the things we are giving this year are homemade. So thats where we are out.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ccnutts

omg,,,,,there are TEN days left til Xmas, and they haven't DECORATED???????????

what are they waiting for, Easter????? LOL

Have fun shopping,,,,it's going to be a zoo this weekend, lol,,,,

I am not looking forward to that myself,,,,ugh!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Joan, how is Leroy doing???????

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

Mornin Holly...
Well we had to wait till after Ally's birthday to decorate for Christmas cause the whole livingroom was decorated in vampire stuff for the weekend. and Heather is planning to get the tree on Thursday so I guess we will be decorating it either Thursday night or Friday not sure. But then the girls go to Scotts prolly Friday after school and when they come back we will have all the rest done.
Nikki is sick she may not be able to go to school today. She got the H1N1 shot last week and is now sick. she was up and down all night coughing blowing heer nose, and not being able to breath. Guess I need to go get her some meds after I get Ally off to school. I thought I might send her to school if she was not running a fever but they will just send her back home if she is coughing bad cause they do not want to spread the germs.
So guess I will be taking care of her today. I sure hope it goes away quick and I don't catch it as I do not want to be spending christmas in the hosp.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ccnutts

ewwwww no you do not want to be in the hospital,,,,you lucked out this summer, you don't need to "make up for it" this winter!!!! Hope she feels better soon!!!!!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

omg, did you hear about that woman in Chile?? LOL, she's a weight lifter, professional, while she was in a competition pushing a big weight over her head, you know the bar,,,,,a great big one, lots of pushing,she literally pushed a baby out!!!!!!! she was 6 months preggo and didn't even know it!!! The baby is 2.5 lbs and doing fine!!!

Ccnutts
Governor
Ccnutts

OMG no I do not have the tv on. that is just crazy. lol

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ccnutts

I heard it on the radio,,,,,,I about fell over, lol,,,,,can you even IMAGINE???

I'm still laughing,,,,hopefully the baby will be ok though,,,,,2.5 lbs is tiny!

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea

Good morning!!!!! Holly, so glad you started up another Grannie group! I don't want to miss anything!!
I did not hear about that woman from Chile, but that is amazing!

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to sandiesea

Morning Sandie Just a place to put up your feet and chit chat is all I miss the grannies, and am hoping to attract some more How are you??? Yes that is amazing,,,,,,,,and a little weird too, huh??

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

Hey, has anyone seen Paula recently? I'm actually starting to worry about her,,,,,

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea

No, I don't recall having seen Paula on in a while. I wonder what is up with her!

I am doing good, Holly, thank you! Tis nice to chat a little! How is work going for you?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to sandiesea

It's ok,,,,Late Girl is getting better, which makes it bearable,,,,,

but I'd still rather have a new job and I can't wait til I have a new car and can find a new job, lol

How's things with you??

sandiesea
Mayor
sandiesea

Things here are same old, same old. Not bad, but certainly nothing exciting or earth shattering!!

Does it look like you will be able to get a car soon??

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to sandiesea

after taxes,,,,,sigh. I can not WAIT, I tell you,,,

I love DH, but I swear to goodness if it were him, he'd have another car by now,,,,,

he just doesn't get it,,,,,he figures that if I don't have to work WITH the girl all day how bad could it be?? ugh,,,,,

sigh, well, I am off to bed,,,,y'all have a great day,,,,

CC, wherever you are, I hope your DGD is not too sick

Nighty night

Page 1 of 29 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics