Page 1 of 18 
Username Post: ~~SCRAP HAPPENZZ Critique Group~~ version 2012 *CLOSED and ACTIVE*        (Topic#1568987)
CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach

This is the NEW home, starting 2012, of the The Original Scrap Happenzz Critique Group, established in Nov. '06! I'm Chris, the newest of the SHCG Coordinators. We provide each other with INSPIRATION & SUPPORT, scrap-related or otherwise! Our group is constantly evolving & rejuvenating. Here's mo':

We are:
- a tightly-knit bunch of dynamic, artistic souls who like to chat, create and help each other become the best scrappers/crafters we can be. We are scrafters of varying abilities & styles, & are appreciative & respectful of each others’ creative differences!
- a group of no more than 15 very non-traditional peeps. Sometimes our brand of twisted humor & progressive viewpoints have been known to rub the easily offended &/or very conservative population the wrong way.
- a friendly, nice and supportive group nonetheless!
- NOT just a mutual admiration society! We give honest, constructive feedback - compliments AND suggestions, where we think applicable!

SHCG Terms:
*Submit 2 contributions per month to the Scrap Happenzz Layouts Critique Thread for critique. Contributions may be in the form of los, sketches, photos, cards, and various "scrafty" projects. Note: 2-page LOs are usually counted as 1 submission unless otherwise indicated.
**As a new, "try-on-for-size" idea: submissions can also include something you've found to be a scrap inspiration and/or photos you've taken over the month. Include just a little blurb about them in the description section of the image in the gallery and you're good to go! (Please give feedback on this as the year progresses.)

*Honestly and thoughtfully critique all contributions within 10 days from the post date, and precede critiques with "SHCG" (e.g., "SHCG- This page rocks, but it would be more hardcore with stilettos for embellishments.").

*Check-in and chat with this main thread at least once a week. The better we know each other & the closer we feel w/ one another, the more comfortable & appreciative we are to receive/give critiques.

*tRAKking will be very laid back at this time and will only occur for our new pledgezz in order to prove their commitment to the group before being moved to CAM statue.

The SHCG Flexible Plan:
We are very understanding of life's priorities, but membership does take a little time commitment!
*If a member knows she will not be able to meet the contribution minimum, she can indicate this in the main thread, and will be excused of her obligations for the month.

*Our group purpose is provide thoughtful critiques to each other’s work; compliments addressing specific details also count as critiques. Ideally, we aim to post feedback within 10 days (though we understand that real life takes precedence & sometimes may affect 100% fulfillment of this guideline).

*Individuals have the option to notify members they haven't received critiques from them after 10 days should they wish to seek more feedback.

SHCG Perks:
*We have our own BLOG where we keep track of everything!
*We host Challenges, rotated among members. We post them on the BLOG & as of 12/08, in the space below . They are very fun, inspirational & OPTIONAL.
*We give and get birthday gifties from our Wish Lists (optional swap).
*We learn more about each other through our optional QueZZtion of the Moments, posted in our blog/thread (memberZZ answer as blog comments, pledgeZZ answer in the thread).
*We may hold contests when we feel like it.
*We do all sorts of other fun stuff that members may suggest - swaps, gift exchanges, etc!
*We collaborate on how to keep this group running efficiently.

Current Active Members:
1. blushpea = Sharon (Group Coordinator 10/07-12/11 / Monthly Challenge Coordinator/tRAKker/Bloga holic)
2. twinscrapbee = Brenda (Birthday Badazz, Spelling B & Swift Arse Kicker)
3. Gelidy Gelato = Lisa
4. *jesse* = Jesse
5. .MaRLeNe. = Marlene (TRAKker)
6. Chell Rae = Michelle
7. Scrappinmomto2girls = Margaret
8. CMLeach = Chris (Group Coordinator starting 1/2012)
9. Amms_c = Ammara
10. slyn11 = Roselyn
11. autumngold = Deb

PledgeZZ:
Pledges will be moved to CAM status after three months of proven commitment as outlined above.

If you have been removed from the Current Active Members or Pledgezz List, it is due to lack of participation. Please PM me if you wish to re-join.

Past Members in Good Standing:
These ladiezz were major contributors who still come by to say hello. We look forward to their visits.
denitza = Denitza (Charter Member)
WendyGirl = Wendy
Scrapping Diva = Tay
lifeinthefastlane = Amanda
janet28rn = Janet
Cajaya = Mel
whenscraphappenzz = Tiffany
cmeinstlouis = Christy
Scrappin Kitty = Amanda
X3jessicalouise = Jess (Charter Member)
miss becky = Becky
Wacky Watson = Sarah
Kaleidoscope = Kayla, aka K, Group Leader 6/07- 10/07
Scrapbooks by Moi = Moi (Charter Member)
Ironscrapper = Katie
nannieannie = Annie
Jenfitz = Jen
Sosumi San = Angela
princessrk = Robyn, Group Leader 11/07-6/07
(Note: exclusion of past members doesn't necessarily mean they're in "bad standing;" it just means they no longer stop by. Or, maybe they are in bad standing! Heh.).

Founder
She gave us life!
princessrk = Robyn, Group Leader 11/06 - 6/07

Current Monthly Challenge:
January's Challenge - MC #1 by Amms
Happy 2013 everyone!
Do you make new years resolutions? More importantly...do you keep the resolutions that you make? The challenge for this month is to scrap about a resolution(s) that you've made in the past and reflect on how those went. We're you successful? If not, what went wrong? Have you made any resolutions this year?

Upcoming Monthly Challenge Schedule:

Edited by CMLeach on 01-06-13 03:49 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to CMLeach

Woohoo, it's nice & roomy in here!

THANKS for starting a new thread, Chris.

Off to add this to my faves. Hope to catch up w/ the end of the last thread soon, then the LOs!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to blushpea

Made it over. Hopefully I'll have something scrappy to share soon. I have been busy re-doing my office/scraproom so that has taken most of my scrap energy lately.

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to *jesse*

Woo hoo! I found it without getting lost! What a great way to start a new year.

twinscrapbee
Mayor
twinscrapbee
In response to Chell Rae

A new thread is almost like having a clean scraproom. It's really nice and refreshing... and then I can't wait to mess it all up again.

Day 10 of 2012

Things I've done: Read this thread, added it to my faves, and noted that our members have birthdays in almost consecutive months--April, May, June, July... then September. Leave it to our leader to stick out.

Things I haven't done: Comment on some posts in the old thread, finish and send out packages with your names on them, and post January contributions. Cool thing is, I'm looking forward to checking these off my list.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to twinscrapbee

Happy New Year & New Thread, Scrap Happenzz!

Michelle - Cool monthly challenge!

Chris - Yeah, re Joey saying his name! That is wonderful. THANKS for the fresh new thread!

Shouts out to all our memberzz (& a former member, who came by recently to say hi) - Denitza, Lisa, Michelle, Marlene, Brenda, Chris, Jesse, Margaret & Ammara! Mwah.

SO the last time I wrote an update to you guys, I had my post-Christmas illness...some things that have happened since -

- An old friend passed away. Attended the funeral last week, sad stuff.

- New Yr's was nice & mellow - dinner out w/ the 3 of us then Caruso went to sleep & G&I watched the ball drop on TV. Had my 1st glass of wine since last January - parTAY!

- Caruso got really sick AGAIN. Different thing from what I had & what he had in early Dec. Bronchiolitis (needed an inhaler) plus his ear infection from early Dec never fully went away OR he got a new one! So he's on different antibiotics now, through Saturday.

- Despite last wk's illness, Little Man is MUCH better now. He says "baby" now (he also says "Mama" & "Dada" but sometimes he just uses those as babbling sounds). He LOVES the push & ride scooter my sister's family gave us, so much so we have to hide it! (he's not at the point where his feet can push him along so we're the ones who have to bend down to push him all around). He is quite the lovemuffin.

- I am really hoping I am not getting sick again as well, w/ what Caruso had. Feel like I'm staving it off though, oh well...

- I almost scrapped! All I need to do is finishing touches on this 2-pager I did MONTHS ago when I took a vacay day...but when I went to do so, I couldn't find the Cricut letters I had pre-cut, they were just missing from the baggie I put 'em in! Sigh.

- Looking ahead - My goals for the year are to balance exercise & scrapping more into my life again. But I remain realistic about what I can actually do while also continuing my life as Caruso's mommy!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to blushpea

whooo hooo new digs

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to Gelidy Gelato

Re-Post from old thread with new information

I am so sorry this is a bit late on posting but here is the first challenge for the NEW year.

REVISION: I was so neglectful in telling everyone about MC Response to #8, December is Here - Brenda's Top 3 Christmas Films. Bad me, but it is a fantastic LO...make sure you check it out.

Scrap a LO using a NEW technique (one that you have never done or one that you have been dying to try out), or a NEW style (for you, scraplifting is a great option here), this can include using some NEW "tool" to create a LO.

I hope this expands our horizons on what NEW LO's we can create with our wonderful minds.

This is also posted on the Blog.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

• twinscrapbee Said:
A new thread is almost like having a clean scraproom. It's really nice and refreshing... and then I can't wait to mess it all up again.

So looking forward to this long weekend! Getting together with some friends on Monday to scrap, other than that I'll probably chill. 2012 has been a trying year already... there is the possibility that Tank might have serious health issues and yesterday it was announced that the plant that I work at might be shutting down.

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to *jesse*

Hi Lisa!

Thanks for the shout-out to Brenda's challenge response, Michelle!

Oh Jesse, am sending my bestest wishes about the plant & especially about the beloved Tank. He is practically our mascot. xoxoxo I hope your boy gets through this okay, give him lots of snuggles & kisses from us, we are pulling for him.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to blushpea

Hey all! Glad you're liking our new digs!

Admin-ish Time:
Item #1: There were a few things Sharon and I discussed changing in our terms. These new terms are in red. Please take a moment to review them and provide some input. If a majority is content with the changes and everyone is ready for some "new blood" in the group, then I hope that we can post an OPEN sign starting February 1st.
Item #2: November & December tRAKking. I will get them completed in the near future! I promise! Maybe even today?

• twinscrapbee Said:

Complete for this comment, Bren. Sorry for sticking out on the Birthday list. And your to do list is just awesomeness!

Jesse -- Bestest wishes for both you and Tank in this new year. Agree with Sharon that he is like our mascot. Hugs and bones to that big boy. And to you...the hugs, not the bones.

Michelle -- thanks for bringing the MC over here too! And for the shout-out to Bren's awesome response.

Sharon -- What a crazy time it's been for you and that little one of yours! Seems ear infections are sticking around a bunch longer -- a few kids in playgroup have had them stick for a month or more with antibiotics, so Caruso's definitely part of "the norm" it seems, on that one lately. to almost scrapping! Total faith in you pulling through on your goals for the year.

Hi to Lisa for finding your way over and to everyone else that will eventually make their way!

As for me:
It's been a rough end of 2011/start of 2012.
  • Mom's best friend's mom passed away the week before Christmas. I made it home in time for the wake, thankfully.
  • My "uncle" lost two of his brothers on December 29th & 30th -- both were completely separate natural causes (one bro in Germany, one in NJ). Did not get back home for that.
  • My grandmother called on Sunday to inform me (and have me inform her daughter, my mom) that another family friend passed the end of last week.
  • Oh, and I've pretty much cut my mom's family entirely out of our lives (see above re: me having to spread news versus her "manning up" and speaking to her own daughter...and some other stuff)

Playgroup is crazy. Lots of pregnancies = lots of baby showers (I think we have one every month from now through summer) = me making LOTS of diaper cakes = us non-preggos having to pick up some of the playgroup "slack".

Have someone living with us right now. Supposedly. Apparently his cr@p is taking up space in my house while he isn't, and it's ticking both DH and I off more than if he was actually living here. Which, btw, DH got home this week!

Having "Christmas" with the ILs on Sunday here. Yes, this late. Yes, because of DH just getting home. Yep, I'm cooking.

Oh, and I'm waiting on a new laptop to arrive tomorrow. Been writing this whole post minus my dominant shift key. Try not using your left shift key for an entire day/week/etc. DIFFICULT! No, that's not the reason for a new laptop -- mine will be 6-years-old in April. Well past a laptop's usual "expiration" date. My lid was also crazy messed up, too...and the laptop was just bogging down, big time. So I'm excited. Plus, a 500GB hard drive versus 80gigs. SWEET!!!!

Tons of Headed to make pizza dough for dinner tonight.

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to CMLeach

Chris That was a lot for one holiday season.

It's an exciting new year so far even though it is raining here.

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach

The last of the 2011 tRAKking. My cutoff was today, 1/17/2012.

NOVEMBER 2011
There were 6 required submissions plus 2 extras this month for a total of 8 submissions.

Sharon (Blushpea)
Check-ins: 3/5
Submissions: 0
Total # of layouts to critique: 6
Critiques within 10 day window: 0
Critiques after 10 day window: 8

Brenda (Twinscrapbee)
Critiques within 10 day window: 8
Critiques after 10 day window: 0

Lisa (Gelidy Gelato)
Check-ins: 5/5
Submissions: 2
Total # of layouts to critique: 4

Jesse (*Jesse*)
Critiques within 10 day window: 2

Brian (BrianFuchs)
Check-ins: 0/5

Michelle (Chell Rae)
Check-ins: 4/5
Submissions: 2 (+1 extra)
Challenge Responses: 1
Critiques within 10 day window: 4

Margaret (Scrappinmomto2girls)

Ammara (Amms_c)
Check-ins: 1/5

Chris (CMLeach)
Submissions: 2 (+1 extra)
Critiques within 10 day window: 5

DECEMBER 2011
There were 5 required submissions.

Sharon (Blushpea)
Total # of layouts to critique: 5
Critiques after 10 day window: 4

Brenda (Twinscrapbee)
Check-ins: 2/5
Submissions: 1
Challenge Responses: 1
Total # of layouts to critique: 3
Critiques within 10 day window: 2
Critiques after 10 day window: 2

Lisa (Gelidy Gelato)

Jesse (*Jesse*)
Critiques within 10 day window: 1
Critiques after 10 day window: 3

Brian (BrianFuchs)

Michelle (Chell Rae)
Critiques within 10 day window: 3

Margaret (Scrappinmomto2girls)

Ammara (Amms_c)

Chris (CMLeach)
Check-ins: 5/5
Critiques within 10 day window: 1
Critiques after 10 day window: 2

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to CMLeach

AND.... Drumroll, please....

Our most awesome-est Bren is our RAK winner for the last third of 2011! While she may not have submitted tons and tons, she did comment on every single submission (required & extra) over the last 4 months.

So...a $10 sb.com e-certificate will be on your way, once I figure out what I need to send it there. (Email address?)

blushpea
Mayor
blushpea
In response to CMLeach

Chris - Egads, that does sound like a rough end 2011/start of 2012. Hoping for sunnier times ahead this year... I know the playgroup babies will add some cheeriness to the mix! Interesting re: your new home occupant, hope that's going ok. Yay re: DH being home! How was belated Christmas?? Big THANKS for the tRAKking!

Congrats to Brenda for receiving the tRAKking RAK! You were always such a strong contender, it's awesome to see you finally win.

Hi Lisa!

Well Caruso's bronchiolitis got better then he got just a regular cold. Then I got it, which is more preferable than my getting him sick. Meanwhile, Greg threw his back out early this week AND he fell & hurt his knee today! Oy. Fridays are the only day I can run an errand after work (normally I have to rush home to pick up Caruso because Greg works late Mon-Thurs) & I was really looking forward to using some store credit to buy a new Pandora charm. BUT I gotta go pick up Caruso again because Greg is in too much pain! Not complaining, gotta do what we gotta do & I love caring for my boys. But sometimes a lil retail therapy helps! (I guess I can online shop but I can't use this store's credit online)

Anywho, the weekend ahead has laundry, baby-stuff, house-stuff, some errands & hopefully some Cricut-letter cutting (so I can finally finish my 2nd post-baby LO) & putting photos into albums! Oh & yeah some resting too, so this cold can be gone. Oh & YEAH, sometimes NY Giants watching! (I really only get into football during the postseason & it's been a good 'un...I'm pretty sure not all of you share my NYG enthusiasm...)

Have a great weekend!

Chell Rae
Pro
Chell Rae
In response to blushpea

Greetings from the great snow land. Don't laugh at us Pacific Northwesterners, the snow is terrible in a city with lots of hills. The roads were very nasty and my building closed for 3 days...thankfully. I walked to the bus stop on Thursday and almost fell over a dozen times and saw the few cars on the road sliding around. Scary.

We are warming up a bit and not the great run off will happen...plus we just had a wind storm so I am sure there are a ton of broken trees (they were covered in snow and ice and sagging). I am sure it will business as usual by Monday.

Meanwhile my sister from Alaska arrived on Friday and was laughing at our news about the snow. Snow and ice is a daily winter experience for her. We will be watching the games tomorrow and, sorry Sharon, NOT rooting for the Giants NOR the Patriots. I am rooting for SF because they are in my conference and then Baltimore. Just sayin'

Have a great weekend and week...stay safe, healthy and warm

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Chell Rae

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach

*sigh*

I'm in a mood, which I'll save you all from, but hence my not posting in several days. The good thing this weekend: friends drove down from Richmond to visit. And DH cooked, and it was good.

Bren - can you msg me your email address when you get a chance? Or I'm going to go about tracking you down on FB. Or maybe I should have just started there, lol.

Sharon - Happy with the NYG game yesterday? Should be an interesting SB.

Michelle - hope you enjoyed your sister's visit!

Hi Lisa!

Edited by CMLeach on 01-23-12 08:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

twinscrapbee
Mayor
twinscrapbee
In response to CMLeach

First, my deepest sympathies to Chris and Sharon for the losses in your lives. Whether it's one goodbye or several in succession, they're never easy. It makes mourning difficult, either way, when a death has to be the thing that brings an end to drama, or when drama can't end even in the wake of death.

Jesse, I can only hope Tank sticks around longer than expected, pain-free and happy, despite his health issues. I know you'll give him all the love he needs, and we're here for you both. I'm also hoping things work out for the best regarding the job. Here, in the East Bay, another reported shutdown resulted in hundreds of job losses. I don't want you to suffer the same fate. I can't believe our nation's economic situation can still shock me, but it does... everyday!

Sharon, it seems like just when one of you gets better, another complication presents itself, but awesome of you to take it all in stride. I wouldn't be surprised if those letters show up after you've already cut new ones, and I'm sure the extra set will find a happy place in future creations, too.

Chris, good to read your Holidays are extended with the hubby home and 2012 rings in a new laptop. I hope as you've cut off one ugly head off the family drama queen, you don't have one replaced by your home's new tenant. I'll send you my new addy, and I'm cool with the admin stuff.

Chellby, you be carefy.

Lisa!

Did everyone hear? I won a RAK?! MOI? That's awesome. I really can't accept. Really. I'd like to thank the SHacademy for this award, my faceless fans for their silent support, this website for supplying the vehicle that transports my comments, acronyms for making it easier to type, my typing teacher in high school, Mr. Allen, myself for being so awesome-- Can someone please turn down the music so I can finish please?! Wait, don't start applauding, I'm not done. Andmykittyforkeepingmecom panyduringscrafti--

amms_c
amms_c 
Guru
amms_c

Hi Girls!
Sorry I've been MIA for SO SO long all my scrapbooking things have been packed up for months and I was in Pakistan for my BILs wedding and then I was busy moving back to your side of the world..Canada and my hometown!
We came back a few days ago and all my things are being shipped were in a temporary house for a month from my work until we find a place of our own so I dont think I'll be scrapping for a little while longer. Am still ok to be in this group?
I hope everyone had a good Christmas and new years!!
I'm going to catch up on posts from this year now!

Page 1 of 18 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics