Page 1 of 1078 
Username Post: Rockin Scrappin Grans **ACTIVE and CLOSED**        (Topic#1578195)
cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson

Sorry we are now CLOSED. Invitation Only

This is a thread for grans of all ages to share their love of scrapbooking and/or other crafting projects. You MUST be a grandparent to join this thread and actively involved with scrapbooking or crafting projects. We love to chat about all kinds of things but it is PRIMARILY a scrapping thread. If you would like further information, please contact me.

When you put up your first post, please answer the following questions so we know a little bit about you.
1. Your first name
2. Your date of birth (Nope, year isn't necessary)
3. How many, if any, children? Tell us about them.
4. How many, if any, grandchildren? Of course you'll tell us about them!!
5. How long have you been scrapping? Paper, digi, hybrid?
6. Where do you live?
7. Any other hobbies?
8. And anything else you'd like to tell us!!

MEMBERS:

Tishd - Tishie - (BD 8-9)- MAINE
scrappin 2 - Cathe (3-18-1948)- ILLINOIS
memex9- Betsey - (BD 04-08-39)- FLORIDA
Chark - Char (BD 10/3/1956) - WASHINGTON STATE
Sunnydi - Di - (BD 3/3/1947) - WASHINGTON STATE
Bears99 - Jo - (BD)3/17) - NEBRASKA
cdjohnson - Cheryl (BD) 1/13/1966 - KENTUCKY
tneal40 - Teia - (BD 3/21) - OREGON
Oakhills - Ann - (BD 12/27/1944)- LOUISIANA
Geebaw - Pam (BD 8-18) TEXAS
Grandma Sue - Sue - MISSOURI
JoJonoons - JoJo (BD 8/25) - NEW HAMPSHIRE

New Challenge:
due August 31, 2013

Choose a layout you did for a Challenge (either on here or for another scrap site)... and use it as your Inspiration. Twist: use a piece of black ribbon on layout.

When you share your layout with us also share the layout you used for inspiration. It will be fun to see what changes (if any) you made.

***PREVIOUS CHALLENGE***

Celebrate By Scrappin 2

Milk cans & melons By Oakhills

Peas?? By Cdjohnson

POKER FACE By Tishd

Summertime Is Flip-Flops and Popsicles! By Memex9

Friends By Sunnydi

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-03-12 05:33 AM
In response to cdjohnson

Hey, here we are again! Thank you Cheryl for taking over the duties! Everything looks good and I will have the new challenge ready today!!!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Tishd

FIRST ANNOUNCEMENT:

This group is now a collaborative effort. I will be the "running" the thread. I use this term loosely because it will be a "majority rules" thread. If things come up, we will discuss it and majority will decide NOT just me. TISH will provide us with weekly challenges which I will post to the front page and will put the layouts on there as they are completed. DI has agreed to take care of our secret sister mailings.

The thread will remain a grans only thread because that is the way everyone wanted it. The name remains the same. I see no reason to reintroduce ourselves unless we have new members join at some point. I will like to encourage EVERYONE to try and scrap and/or craft something at least one every couple of months after all this is a scrapping thread. PLEASE do continue to have other conversations as we all are FRIENDS and want to know what is going on in our lives.

I hope you enjoy the "new" thread and welcome any suggestions or comments at any time. Just remember, it will be up for a "majority decision" before we would make any major changes.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

OK....that one let me come here...so here we go. We have changed again! This is my third regime change since March 2009. LOL I hope we do not lose anyone.......! I know the last time we did have a few who were lost for days and days.....!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to memex9

Betsey - I am going to keep checking on the old thread and making sure that everyone is moving to the new thread. I don't know why the link in the p.m. does not seem to work. I will see if I can figure that out. Glad to see you here!!

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to cdjohnson

What no new wall paper or curtains???

Morning ladies... Today I take dgd to the dentist. This should be interesting since she screamed and clawed her mother last time. They said they will have to put her in a pappose (not sure if I spelled that right) to restrain her this time as she has two teeth that need to be sealed.

At 1pm I have to take the two little ones to parent classes with daughter. I get 3 hours of quiet time. I will have to take a taxi since dh truck is out of commission and he needs my car to get to work. Thank goodness for taxi's.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to tneal40

Teia - They had to put Maddie in one of those things to pull 2 teeth. She didn't like it but it kept her from slapping at everyone. Sorry about having to take the taxi. Hope your husband's truck is not out of commission for too long. I will say a prayer for her to be calm and peaceful at the dentist.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

Ryan is coming to spend the day while his dad is at school. I will be checking in and out to see if everyone finds there way here.

Tish - I will check back later to see if you have posted a challenge yet for the front page.

I am still worried about Lori. I have friends that had power go out the same time as her but they were in eastern Kentucky and their power was restored yesterday.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

So far......sooo good....we have four who found the thread....this is good!!!!!

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to cdjohnson

• cdjohnson Said:
Ryan is coming to spend the day while his dad is at school. I will be checking in and out to see if everyone finds there way here.

Tish - I will check back later to see if you have posted a challenge yet for the front page.

I am still worried about Lori. I have friends that had power go out the same time as her but they were in eastern Kentucky and their power was restored yesterday.

My dd in Maryland got power yesterday.....but the other one also in Maryland is still without power....so its hard to say how that is working. It depends on what grid they are attached to....according to my dd Lisa....they basically live in the country, even though it is suburban Wash. D.C. it is really far out and quite the commute if you actually work in D.C. Scott and Ellen also live in the country, in a different county that Lisa, so its hard to say when theirs might be on......considered a suburb of Wash/Baltimore....both! LOL A long commute to both places in my opinion....but again, its a different world....many people are now traveling an hour and a half to work everyday in both of those cities.......who'd a thought??????? LOL

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to memex9

The weather channel did say that there are still millions without power, and that it could be a week or more.......can you imagine????? Whew!! I don't know what city Lori is close to, but I know it is a small town, so maybe not high on the priority list. LOL

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to memex9

Betsy to answer your question from the other thread.. The doc said she can not work if she wants a normal life without lots of pain. He called it severe RA which is to mean that it has advanced to a point that she will have pain even on meds so she has to limit her arm movements. She will be moving back to the USA when her hubby gets his visa (which should be some time this fall or early next year) not sure where they are going to move to yet, but not Oregon. She needs to be in a warm state.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to tneal40

Just read that Andy Griffith died this morning. He was such a wonderful actor!!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

Hey............I'm not lost.....

I was watching the weather station this a.m. and they showed the country....only cool place was in the Pac. N.W. 60's today.. kinda struck me as funny. We're here b.....ing about the clouds and cold and rain and the rest of the country is roasting... shame on us!!

Cheryl; thanks for moving us to new board.

Ladies, I'm leaving soon....be back Friday. Happy 4th and be safe, sane and enjoy the day. Happy Independence day.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to cdjohnson

I read about Andy Griffith also Cheryl. 86 years old; how did that happen.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to tneal40

Teia; I bet your glad you dd will be back closer to you. I can understand her needing and wanting a warmer place than OR

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-03-12 07:29 AM
In response to Sunnydi

Enjoy Di!

Glad you see some have made their way here to the new thread!

Tishd
Tishd 
Angel
Tishd
  • Tishd on 07-03-12 07:35 AM
In response to Tishd

Here is the challenge for the week...(thank you Betsey for the idea!)
Allowing a bit more time on this one due to the fact we have started a new thread, and some are not back from vacation yet.

Start date: Tuesday, July 3 and end date, Saturday, July 14th.

Here is one that I think would be really fun and different style for most of us in here.

Scraplift (Theme)

Just say it is a scraplift from...(the name of the artist) !!!!

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Edited by Tishd on 07-03-12 07:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Tishd

• Tishd Said:
Here is the challenge for the week...(thank you Betsey for the idea!)
Allowing a bit more time on this one due to the fact we have started a new thread, and some are not back from vacation yet.

Start date: Tuesday, July 3 and end date, Saturday, July 14th.

Here is one that I think would be really fun and different style for most of us in here.

Scraplift (Theme)

Just say it is a scraplift from...(the name of the artist) !!!!

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

I'm confused..... are we to scraplift the layout that the link took us to? The one with all the strips of sayings/papers?

OR can we scraplift anything we want??

thanks.

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Sunnydi

Di - I think she wants us to use the layout the link sends us to for scraplifting.

Tish - Challenge is on the first page and looks like fun!!

Page 1 of 1078 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics