Page 1 of 31 
Username Post: CLOSED....please move        (Topic#1528781)
All4mygrl
Idol
All4mygrl

BY INVITATION ONLY

Signups are officially closed.

Preparation of all journals/quilts need to be completed and ready to begin travels by
April 1st, 2010
(this will be the first mail date)

MAILING SCHEDULE

First Mailing----Thursday April 1st
Second Mailing---Friday, April 23rd
Third Mailing----Friday, May 14th
Fourth Mailing---Friday, June 4th
Fifth Mailing----Friday, June 25th
Sixth Mailing----Friday, July 16th
Seventh Mailing--Friday, August 6th
Eighth Mailing---Wednesday, September 1st
Last Mailing-----Friday, October 1st----journals mailed back to owners.

When you sign up, please PM me the following information:
1. Message Board & Real Name
2. Your Address
3. Your Phone Number (HOME AND CELL)

Participants:

1. Hostess-all4mygrl (Christia)
TOPIC: All about your DREAM scraproom/studio
versus your current scraproom/space.

3. scrappindmbfan (Nancy)
Topic: Home Sweet Home
APRIL: POSTAL
4. Diva Dana
TOPIC: RECIPIES-(MAIN DISH & A DESSERT APRIL: POSTAL

5. I heart Scrapping (Bonnie)
TOPIC: WARM AND FUZZY

6. Dixiecorngirl: (Renea)
TOPIC: TBA APRIL: POSTAL

7. TrishaLouise: (Trisha)
TOPIC: TBA

8. MarleneF: (Marlene)
TOPIC: Your Favorite Era
APRIL-POSTAL

9. Charlena: (Charlena)
TOPIC: Scrapbooking Styles April-POSTAL

_________________________ _____________________

Basic Instructions:

Checking in weekly, and open communication is vital to the success of our cj. I can not stress enough the importance of checking in once a week on the thread. If there is a problem, and you cant check in, please call me. We will all exchange phone numbers. Each journal MUST be mailed with a Delivery Confirmation Number, which must be posted to the thread the date you mail out, so we can all track the journals when being shipped.

1. Your journal can be no larger than 8 by 8, but can be any shape you wish. The journal may be chipboard or acrylic. Please decorate/ prepare your cj to support the theme you have selected. Please dedicate a TWO PAGE spread for each participant.

* The first page: Please create an instruction page on the very first page of your journal.
* The second page: This should be the sign-in
page for each participant.
* The third & fourth page: This should be your own 2-page entry.

Pages 5/6 and thereafter: Please use a stickynote and write each participants name on one. Place one stickynote on page 5, 7, 9, 11...and so on. This way, when each person receives a journal they know exactly which two pages are dedicated to their layouts.

I wanted to incorporate a traveling "quilt" with each journal. I thought this might be a creative way to obtain a picture of our cyber scrap friends. Each person will attach a picture of herself, her message board name, real name, and the state/city she lives in.

Everyone can make a quilt, ( I am going to use a piece of fabric as my foundation for my quilt...it will fold quite easily) dedicating one square per person in the CJ. (Your squares can be chipboard decorated with patterned paper and embellished) Fold it up and place it in a zip lock bag, and mail it with your journal.

2. All quilts should be able to fold up and fit into a zip lock bag to travel with your book. Needs to be large enough to accommodate a square for each participant of the swap.

3. Our mail date will always be the last week each month. This means we will have three weeks to complete a journal/quilt once received.

OK....once signups are complete....then MORE INFO WILL BE FORTHCOMING.........STAY TUNED!!!!

Edited by All4mygrl on 03-13-11 02:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping
In response to All4mygrl

I would be honored, thank you so much for inviting me.

Hugs,
Bonnie

P.S. The quilt idea - love it!!!

All4mygrl
Idol
All4mygrl
In response to All4mygrl

Thanks for joining Bonnie. Dont forget to send me your TOPIC.

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to All4mygrl

I'm here, do you need a pm from me , I think you have my info already. I'm excited to get to do this! I hope everything goes well. Now to go pm and try to get the other journal back so i can use it!

KellyeF
Guru
KellyeF
In response to DivaDana

I'm so sorry you haven't gotten your journal back Dana..
KelKel

KellyeF
Guru
KellyeF
In response to KellyeF

I'm in...

My topic will be either the postcard/hometown or the bucket list, I still have to decide....

I have no objection to all the people in the CJ having my personal info as long as it isn't given out to other people without my consent.
KelKel

scrappindmbfan
Diva
scrappindmbfan
In response to KellyeF

I'm here too...I'm a little confused on how the quilt will work though. Do we sew fabric squares together and send that for people to "embellish" or do we send chipboard squares? Do you have a picture of what you have in mind by chance?

I also have no objection to the people in the circle having my personal info, as long as it's not distributed outside the group.

Another question, since I've never done one of these before. Will there be a "schedule" made up of who is sending to whom and when? That way I don't get like 3 albums at once and have to have all the LOs done in 2 weeks.

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to scrappindmbfan

no problem with giving my info to the group I think everyone so far already has it anyway, LOL. The quilt sounds great just need instructions a little clearer but I know Christa will give great insturctions for us to follow, I have found her to be thorough.

All4mygrl
Idol
All4mygrl
In response to scrappindmbfan

• scrappindmbfan Said:
I'm here too...I'm a little confused on how the quilt will work though. Do we sew fabric squares together and send that for people to "embellish" or do we send chipboard squares? Do you have a picture of what you have in mind by chance?

I also have no objection to the people in the circle having my personal info, as long as it's not distributed outside the group.

Another question, since I've never done one of these before. Will there be a "schedule" made up of who is sending to whom and when? That way I don't get like 3 albums at once and have to have all the LOs done in 2 weeks.

YES, there will be a schedule of mailing dates posted. As for the quilt, I am strictly using my imagination. I dont have a picture, but I can tell you what I am going to do. I am using a piece of Fabric as my foundation, because it will fold easily and fit in a zip lock bag. Then, I am going to attatch chipboard squares.....cover with patterned paper Then I am going to glue my chipboard squares to the Fabric. Each person in the group will embellish a square, add their picture, and info.

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping
In response to All4mygrl

I have a couple ideas on the quilt. One is to use ATC-sized chipboard and just send those around in the baggie. Meanwhile, at home I'll make clear pockets on the quilt that the cards will fit into.

Another is to use paper for the quilt pieces and actually sew them together. Again, I would send them separately in the baggie and attach them to the "quilt" when they are all returned to me.

I'll post when I've decided, or if I come up with any other ideas.

dixiecorngirl
Governor
dixiecorngirl
In response to i heart scrapping

sounds really cool, count me in. i will fill out the survey tonight.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to dixiecorngirl

Okay.. I think I can handle joining this one.
One spot please... I will think about my theme and decide on it tonight.

Could you post a picture or a sketch of the quilt idea?

All4mygrl
Idol
All4mygrl
In response to TrishaLouise

Thank you for joining Renea and Trisha. Welcome.

All4mygrl
Idol
All4mygrl
In response to All4mygrl

Hey...we have seven reliable ladies....I think this is a nice size group, and may close it. I will accept one more person if she/he desires to participate. Please make sure you get your topics to me before the close date, along with your name, address and phone numbers. I will get a picture posted of my quilt next week. I am going to work on it this weekend.

.MaRLeNe.
Mayor
.MaRLeNe.
In response to All4mygrl

Can I still get in on this Christia??? I would like to if I can thanks

All4mygrl
Idol
All4mygrl
In response to .MaRLeNe.

Of course you can get in Marlene. I will add you shortly. Dont forget to send me your topic info.

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping
In response to All4mygrl

Happy Birthday Christia

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping

Hi Marlene!

.MaRLeNe.
Mayor
.MaRLeNe.

Thanks so much Christia!!! This sounds like fun and I love the quilt idea too.

Hi Bonnie

I'm thinking maybe something with the 80's for my topic, I have to get my thoughts together.

TrishaLouise
Mayor
TrishaLouise
In response to .MaRLeNe.

JCI...

It's great to see Marlene & Renea joining:)

Just an FYI but Micheal's has $1.00 chip board albums in different shapes that would be fantastic for this.

Edited by TrishaLouise on 02-26-10 01:31 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 31 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics