Username Post: what is the technique used to do..        (Topic#1488903)
ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams

Ok this a little hard for me to describe, because not sure how or what it is done with.. I had seen a while back in the gallery a lo that was of a child playing in the snow.. and around the photo this person used something clumpy and white to look like snow... What is it??? LOL Hopefully someone knows what I am talking about, cause I have no clue!! LOL

flowerdisco
Idol
flowerdisco
In response to ScrapCams

Once I wrinkled the paper and used white paint, kind of chunky, kwim?
or maybe you can use embossing powder? just trying to help.

Jojo Noons
Mayor
Jojo Noons
In response to flowerdisco

Ask Bettlou1...She has used it on some of her LO's. And they look gorgeous!!! Another artist to ask I believe would be 2dogs. Try looking at their galleries and see if they describe this mystery medium they use...Bettylou1's LO is Ice Cuisine and also she did one about a snowman...Best Snowman Ever?? Just guessing at the title... I'm sure you can find this medium in a craft store!! Good Luck!!!

harleybunny100
Diva
harleybunny100
In response to flowerdisco

Deco Art makes a Snow Writer and Glistening Snow Writer. It's dimensional.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to harleybunny100

Tim Holtz uses this on one of his twelve tags of Christmas. Look it up on his blog. His name. com

Tracy S.
Queen
Tracy S.
In response to johnsusan8

I use Liquid applique and I have use Deco snow as well.

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to Jojo Noons

• jojo noons Said:
Ask Bettlou1...She has used it on some of her LO's. And they look gorgeous!!! Another artist to ask I believe would be 2dogs. Try looking at their galleries and see if they describe this mystery medium they use...Bettylou1's LO is Ice Cuisine and also she did one about a snowman...Best Snowman Ever?? Just guessing at the title... I'm sure you can find this medium in a craft store!! Good Luck!!!

Thank u! I actually think it was Ice Cuisine from bettylou1 that I had looked at.. I will go check it out now.. and thank you for all the ideas!!

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to ScrapCams

Ok nope wasn't the Ice Cuisine, but that was a great lo, all her lo's are so cute.. ok I am going to keep searching.. the stuff looked like harded frosting??!! Does that help??

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to Tracy S.

• PresentScraps Said:

Deco snow.. is that it!!!?? Where do u get it?

cidscraps
Idol
cidscraps
In response to ScrapCams

I have used liquid applique..sounds like what you are describing I know I bought mine from my CTMH lady, but I am sure they sell it elswhere..good luck

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to cidscraps

can you link the LO you saw so we can see?

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Just G

could it be stickles?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Just G

I use liquid applique. If you dry it as soon as you put it on, it pops up like snow balls. If you wait until it's dry and then use the heat gun on it, it has a smoother finish like frosting. You can also add glitter to it to make it bling.

You can get it at a LSS, usually. I have not seen it at any craft chains like Michael's.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to siameseplease

Here's a card where I used the heat gun on the Liquid Applique immediately after applying it, so the applique had not dried yet.

Merry Christmas hug
By Siameseplease

ScrapCams
Expert
ScrapCams
In response to siameseplease

oh yes that looks like what I seen.. and I found a lo that has is on it to just not so defined.. is it the same thing on this lo??

http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/searchw ords/1865...

I think liquid app.. must be it.. so I guess it a trip to the lss for me LOL!!

What is deco snow?? The same thing? I seen that mentioned on lo's..

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to ScrapCams

• LisaJane Said:
  • PresentScraps Said:

Deco snow.. is that it!!!?? Where do u get it?

M's. It's by DecoArt. They have some on clearance in their winter craft aisle right now. There are a few types - one is in a little stubby bottle or you can get the snow writer. The stuff in the jar might be more of what you are looking for since you could clump it up. It looks like real snow.

Cupcakes for Chloe
Pro
Cupcakes for Chloe
In response to peenut_23

I have found that the liquid applique works the best for me. But I would guess it would be what works best for you!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics