Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Clear Stamp Storage        (Topic#1573765)
tneal40
Diva
tneal40

Anyone have any ideas on a good, growing way to store clear stamps? I started out using basecard page protector but some of them (stamps) are to big. I have so many clear stamps I am up to 3 2" ring binders. I need a better way to store these as some fall out and I lost two of my favorite ones.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to tneal40

I am re-thinking clear stamp storage too. A few years back I thought I had the perfect storage situation. I put my stamps in CD holders, it worked out great, but now they are stuck so hard to the plastic, I have torn some and really tugged others trying to get them out. Now I have started keeping them attached to the backing they come with and put them in page protectors. Like you, I find it would take quite a few binders to keep them in. Also, where would I find the plastic sheets that the stamps would cling to, but would release the stamps without damaging them? Help appreciated.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Mother Goose

For most of them, I slide the package of stamps (still on the acrylic) right into a page protector and store them by theme in a 3 ring binder. I have one binder for alphas and words and one binder for everything else.

Some of the Technique Tuesday stamps have 3 holes punched right through the packaging so I just pop those right into the binder as well.

Baseball card holders are the perfect size for the Studio G stamps as well as some others.

I like to use a zippered binder so just in case it gets turned over, nothing falls out.

I also have a zippered pouch in there that holds the blocks.

Hope that helps!!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to Kim222

For something to mount your cling stamps on for storage, you can recycle the packaging that some items come in (like embossing folders or spellbinder dies etc)

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to Kim222

I like the idea of the zipper binder. That would help alot in them falling out. I keep my clear stamps on the hard plastic they come on and just slip them in the pockets of the baseball card holders. I went to Office Max and found some larger 3x5 and 4x6 pocket page protectors also.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to tneal40

I use 8.5x11 page protectors that are 3 hole punched.

If you have too many for binders, you could store them on their acrylic (or even keep them in their packaging) and stand them up in a bin or basket and use cardstock or chipboard just a little taller than the packages to divide by whatever categories you like.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-15-12 05:08 PM
In response to Kim222

I love love love Stampendous Thintainers. It's basically clamshell packaging, the stamps stick, you can see them, and it's a closed container so they won't fall out nor will they collect dust. Unfortunately the store here doesn't sell them, but other online sites do.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to stick

I use these and absolutely love them! I have six boxes and each one has 5 trays. The trays are spaced so stamps can go on both sides of them. I made a rolodex system of all my stamps so they are so easy to find!
Products Referenced in This Post:

scarlet864
Veteran
scarlet864
In response to terrihooper

I store mine in the DVD type cases that Stampin' Up! sells, and they work great. The cases have a sleeve on the outside, so I stamp the images onto paper, and then slide them in so that I can see exactly what is in each case.

Rowena
Rowena 
Veteran
Rowena
In response to tneal40

I used the binder system for awhile but I had too many to fit into one binder and didn't want to have to pull out different books, so this is what my DH came up with. Its basically a metal dowel rod, which you can get at any hardware store for $2 mounted to the underside of my scrap shelves with $1 brackets. You could mount them to any wall stud. Its based on the clip it up just in a linear formation and sort of out of the way so it doesn't have to take up desk space. They are in clear page protectors on their original plastic sheets, but I used old clear packaging for the ones I threw away.

It has been working great for me as I can just flip through them and actually see what I have. Some of the hooks I have are the Clip it up Hooks, but when my LSS sold out I went out and bought similar clips in the jewelry section of my big box store for super cheap as well.

They are arranged by season, sentiments, letters, and misc. Some weird system that makes sense to me, lol!

How I store my clear stamps By Rowena

Tenant
In response to Rowena

I need to get mine organized too!!! thanks for all the ideas!

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to Rowena

I love the way you hang your stamps. Seems like it woul be easy to find just what you want.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to pwiswell

I need to start organizing them too!

Veteran
In response to prittb

My friend told me to use cd cases.It works ok but i have to rubberband them.I mostly use it for the small stamps from J's & M's. Big ones I keep in packaging.

Stamp with Bernie
New Kid On the Block
Stamp with Bernie
In response to tneal40

I too like the Stampin' Up! clear stamp storage too. They come in thin space-saving cases which they also sell separately in the catalog. The label has the exact image of the stamps and has them on the spine also so I stack them like books on a shelf. You can also make your own label and slip it inside the case clear cover.

Tip: Keep the excess rubber to insert in the case to hold the stamps and keep them from sliding around and to see if all your stamps are there.
More tips at http://StampwithBernie.com
Bernie

Edited by Stamp with Bernie on 06-05-12 07:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

tneal40
Diva
tneal40
In response to terrihooper

• terrihooper Said:
I use these and absolutely love them! I have six boxes and each one has 5 trays. The trays are spaced so stamps can go on both sides of them. I made a rolodex system of all my stamps so they are so easy to find!

This would of been great... I hate discontinued items when they are so usefull

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to tneal40

Oh I HATE it that they are discontinued! I was going to order some more! It is the BEST storage system!

JustJenScraps
Idol
JustJenScraps
In response to scarlet864

• scarlet864 Said:
I store mine in the DVD type cases that Stampin' Up! sells, and they work great. The cases have a sleeve on the outside, so I stamp the images onto paper, and then slide them in so that I can see exactly what is in each case.

This is how I do mine too. I labeled the spine with what's inside and made a copy of the stamps to slide in the front. So simple.

Crafting Marfa
Veteran
Crafting Marfa
In response to JustJenScraps

Wow, ya'll are so crafty(pun intended ). I dont have enough stamp sets yet, but when I now I know how to store them. Great ideas!

Edited by Crafting Marfa on 07-09-12 01:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kristin9312
Pro
kristin9312
In response to tneal40

• tneal40 Said:
Anyone have any ideas on a good, growing way to store clear stamps? I started out using basecard page protector but some of them (stamps) are to big. I have so many clear stamps I am up to 3 2" ring binders. I need a better way to store these as some fall out and I lost two of my favorite ones.

You can buy different sizes of these page protectors. I store all my acrylic stamps (except my close to my heart) in page protectors. I have page protectors that have 2 pockets for 5x7 or smaller stamp sets. I have the baseball card size and I use the letter size for my larger sets. You can find them on ebay

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics