Username Post: How to work with tiny rhinestones        (Topic#1581519)
Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006

Hello! I have some very tiny crystal like stones i bought from CTMH a couple of years ago. They must of been on sale or soemthing cuz i have a lot. I tried to use tweezers to get them off the sheet and apply to paper but they are so tiny its not working. Anyone have suggestions?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Debbie2006

Which part isn't working....getting them off the sheet, or applying them to paper? With small things, I will pour a bit of liquid adhesive onto a paper plate or some paper. I will pick the gem up with tweezers, dip in the adhesive, and place on paper.

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to Luvmyfam

Getting them off the sheet, they have adhesive already on them and every time I take the tweezers i have they dont work, i am going to try another pair see if it works.

bigredssw
Tenant
bigredssw

The Quickutz Quickstik is the perfect tool for this. My scrapping buddy has loaned me hers and it works like a dream. You can get it right here in the store!!
http://store.scrapbook.com/qk-quickstik.html

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to bigredssw

You know what I think I have that....now is it easier to find it or buy it??? I will give it a look and see if i find it! Thx!

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006

I found it but its dried up. Time to order a new one! Thx again!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Deb, I have the Quickstick, too. I love it, but I'm not sure that the stick part would be strong enough to pull the stone off of the sheet. I would actually use the pointy or flat part and see if I can't pry the stone off. You can alway apply your own adhesive if the backing sticks to the stone.

Veteran
In response to Luvmyfam

try undo to get the gem stones unstuck first, then use your quickstick to pick them up and place them on your lo. The undo doesn't remove the adhesive. The gemstone will restick once it dries.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to tkurilla

They used undo on CSI the other night.

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to NMlady

Everyone again thx for your auggestions! I ran to hobby lobby (at 9am promptly LOL) and picked up the silhouette pick me up which is simular as that is the only one they had. Instead of using the sticky part I used the flat poker thingy on the other end and used that to pick them up and txfr them. I am so happy I am able to come to you all to ask questions!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

I use the tip of m x-acto knife

Diva
In response to terrihooper

I use eyebrows twizers ( not sure if this the proper spelling, sorry!).

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30
In response to bayamonesa1

I got an embellie Gellie. I think it cost me $5 shipping included. It work wonders. Google it or YouTube and you'll see what I'm talking 'bout it.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics