Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Stickles        (Topic#1451357)
Ameyami
New Kid On the Block
Ameyami

I bought some Stickles for the first time today and eagerly started using them. However it's been about 30 minutes since I applied some and it's not dry at all. I've now noticed that it says "Non-settling" on the bottle. Is it actually going to dry and if yes, how long is it going to take?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Ameyami

Depending on how thick the coverage is, mine usually take an hour to an hour and a half.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Ameyami

It will dry, the non settling just means that the glue and glitter don't become separated.
It just takes a while, like several hours.

Ameyami
New Kid On the Block
Ameyami
In response to Here Kitty

I see! Thanks for the advice. I'm going to bed soon (I'm in the UK) so I'll just leave it overnight.

Thanks again!

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to Ameyami

They'll be great when you check them again. Have fun scrapping!!!

Edited by DivaDana on 02-06-08 02:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SoccerMomScrapper
Tenant
SoccerMomScrapper
In response to DivaDana

I always leave mine overnight, otherwise I end up messing up the stickles. I've done it too many times, I finally learned my lesson.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to SoccerMomScrapper

Um, sorry to ask a dumb question ... but what is a stickle? This is the 2nd time I saw it tonight ... does someone have a layout that I could check out?

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to peenut_23

Stickles are awesome glitter glues! They're super fine and work really well on small details where other glitter glues don't work so well at all.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to peenut_23

• peenut_23 Said:
Um, sorry to ask a dumb question ... but what is a stickle? This is the 2nd time I saw it tonight ... does someone have a layout that I could check out?

Here:

butterflies
By Moxiegirl23

The outline of the butterflies is done with white cardstock covered with Diamond stickles.

Jess heart scrap
Resident
Jess heart scrap
In response to moxiegirl23

I just recently descovered stickles, and I have to say is, "Hello my name is Jessica, and I am a stickle addict."

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Jess heart scrap

Thanks guys, now I guess I'll have to get some Stickles and a white Signo pen and and and ... the list never ends!

Diva
In response to peenut_23

A fun Stickles trick: if you have a lot of glitter like I do, pick a colour close to, but not exactly the same, as your Stickles.

Then add the other glitter on just one side of the Stickle line you've laid down, and remove the excess CAREFULLY.

You'll get shaded glitter!

pastorwife
Veteran
pastorwife
In response to PookasCrayon

So do Stickles dry raised and smooth or rough in texture? In the example of the butterfly it almost looked rough (or was that the card stock)?

Diva
In response to pastorwife

They pretty much dry like anything you add glitter to -- slightly "rough" -- but the glitter is really tiny and fine.

pastorwife
Veteran
pastorwife

I just received my Stickles order from sb.com and was so excited to test them out. I picked a green colored one and shook it first (was I supposed to?) and squeezed and only glue came out. Was I suppposed to cut off the end, or shake more? Help!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to pastorwife

• pastorwife Said:
I just received my Stickles order from sb.com and was so excited to test them out. I picked a green colored one and shook it first (was I supposed to?) and squeezed and only glue came out. Was I suppposed to cut off the end, or shake more? Help!

I just squeezed mine. No cutting or shaking or anything.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

• PookasCrayon Said:
A fun Stickles trick: if you have a lot of glitter like I do, pick a colour close to, but not exactly the same, as your Stickles.

Then add the other glitter on just one side of the Stickle line you've laid down, and remove the excess CAREFULLY.

You'll get shaded glitter!

Goodness Pooka....now I want more colors....

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • pastorwife Said:

I just squeezed mine. No cutting or shaking or anything.

This happened with my black one. The hole in the tip was slightly too small, so I just used my cutterbee scissors and cut a tiny bit of it off. Then they worked just fine. You just have to be careful not to cut too much off or you will get lines that are super thick.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to siameseplease

I am waiting on 11 more colors that I ordered from Frugs!!! Love these things and I am so addicted!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to siameseplease

When just glue comes out or nothing at all, I stick a needle in the tip. It's just a bit of dried glue or some glitter clogging it up.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics