Username Post: 2 questions (possibly related)        (Topic#1481685)
MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK

The first...
ACMoore has a 55% off coupon next week, I own a few basic tools, Fiskars paper cutter, and a few circle cutting tools, and am buying a Crop-A-Dile Big Bite tomorrow. Any tool suggestion for beginning for next week's coupon (not TOO costly - would like the regular price to be less than $100.)

and the second is that while trying to fall asleep last night I came up with an idea for a LO that involves cutting a thin sheet of metal (tin) - what tool would I want to use for this?

Thank you for any help!
Products Referenced in This Post:

a_bowen13
Expert
a_bowen13
In response to MelindaK

I'm not sure about using tin on a LO unless in like very small squares. Even then it would be hard to cut. A cousin of mine does tin roofing for a business and the only thing he uses to cut the tin is a miter saw. Maybe use a tin-like substitute for your idea (Tin foil, possibly)

spend2much
Diva
spend2much
In response to a_bowen13

Lots of people uses soda cans instead of buying the tin sheets that can be costly. I would say try using tin snipes...a tool my dh uses to cut small pieces of tin. He was a roofer and that's what he told me to use. I too have a hard time cutting metal and as of now I don't of any special scrapbooking tool just for cutting metal/tin.
If u find a tool that does this please let me know. I think tin looks great on anything. U can also use foil like April suggested.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to spend2much

Yes, tin SNIPS would work or tin shears.
I would use the tin sheet, soda can might be a bit messy to use, plus the soda loves to stick to everything.
The thing I wonder though, is whether the tin is acid free? I know tin cans/soda cans rust when wet, so I don't think they are.

llprncess3
Diva
llprncess3
In response to DawnInAZ

Ok, well this list is a little long...but these are a few of my favorite things.
Also not listed is the Xyron 510, but they don't sell it here. Hope this helps. I know some things may be a little much but I love these.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Crazydiamond
Diva
Crazydiamond
In response to llprncess3

Wow that is a great list. My suggestion is the Xyron . I am going to buy one with my next joann coupon when it comes in the mail.

pearlygadget
Veteran
pearlygadget
In response to Crazydiamond

does any of you have A www.harborfreight.com near you.. they have some really cool scissors for metals...

MelindaK
Governor
MelindaK
In response to pearlygadget

I just want to cut a few flower petals. While in Home Depot today, I saw some cutters/snippers I think might work, and only in the $10 to $15 range.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics