Username Post: How do u use paper stacks?        (Topic#1491827)
churchchic
Veteran
churchchic

Just wanted to know what u do with them? U know they come in packs of like 50 n its the same thing.

Becky Scraps
Queen
Becky Scraps
In response to churchchic

Usually the stacks come in different patterns and colors. Not sure what I would do with one with 50 all the same. But the ones I buy I take apart and sort by color or theme and put in with my other paper.

ScrappE
Diva
ScrappE
In response to Becky Scraps

I guess if you use the same color/pattern a lot, then that'd be a good investment to do your backgrounds, mats, embellishments, whatever you normally use paper for. Otherwise, a pack of 50 of the same thing might not be a good idea.

johnsusan8
Diva
johnsusan8
In response to ScrappE

Some people like a stack of paper or cs of the same color for making identical cards, usually for Christmas.

Jordannichole
Guru
Jordannichole
In response to johnsusan8

wow the kind i get comes all different paper.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 01-09-09 02:18 PM
In response to Jordannichole

All the stacks I have come with variety. I mean, there may be 2-4 sheets of the same thing, but that is it. Now, I know when I was buying Stampin' Up they sold packs of paper in the same color, but I think mostly people used it for making identical cards and stuff. I have also bought "Shade of..." packs from Creative Memories. I've got a Shades of Blue and a Shades of Yellow and they have different shades and patterns of one color. I like those too!

Pretty much the only paper I have bought in packs of the same color are basic black and white cardstock.

Hope that helps!

ShoppingMom
Diva
ShoppingMom
In response to LeeLo

I get the variety too.. it might be a theme like christmas but usually they are different, maybe 5 of each one

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to ShoppingMom

Unless it's a color of cardstock that I use all the time (tan, white, black) or I'm making identical Christmas cards I get the variety packs also.

Yuyis
Yuyis 
Idol
Yuyis
  • Yuyis on 01-10-09 03:23 PM
In response to scraprabbit

My guess is that you're talking about the stacks of cardstock. Those since they don't have patterns/designs on them are good to buy in stacks of the same color and save $$ in the long run.

If you're talking about stacks of patterned paper , I've only bought stacks with variety, like someone else mentioned; you get 2-4 sheets of the same design.

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 01-10-09 06:37 PM
In response to Yuyis

I only ever see stacks with variety, too.

Except for this one time I went to Marshall's and they had packs of probably 30-50 sheets of all the same exact patterned paper . I am assuming since Marshall's is a sort of "closeout" store, they got some remnants either from a manufacturer or from a store that didn't sell it. Like, it looked like a pack that a manufacturer would send to a store for the store to put in their open stock racks to sell. Hope that made sense.

Anyway, did you buy the stack at a store like Marshall's?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics