Username Post: Page Binding Question        (Topic#1509901)
New Kid On the Block

Is any one able to tell me what I need to look for?

I've bad scrap books in the past but the only type of page bindings I've ever seen are the sleeves.

Example:

But I know there's a way to bind pages into a book with out using one, I just can never seem to find what I need, I've even decided to shop online but yet I don't know what to get.

Please, if any one can tell me what to search for, it would be greatly greatly appreciated.

Scatter
Guru
Scatter
In response to monkepinay

Are you thinking of the bind it all? Works great for mini albums but I can't see myself doing a 12x12.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Scatter

I'm a little confused what your question is.

Page protectors are not really bindings.

There are all kinds of albums.

There are strap hinge albums, where the clear page protectors slip over the page (or you can eliminate the protectors altogether). The "binding" is a strap (usually plastic, I think).

I use 3-ring albums, and the page protectors are hole-punched.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Bxr-Linda

This is the only example I can think of right now to show you guys.

http://www.makingmemories.com/Products/detail/notew orth...

Let me try to explain what I'm asking a little more clearly, I know it's hard to understand what I mean since I don't really even know =]

The pages in that book examples above are held into the entire album by holes in the page it's self rather then being inside of a sleeve.

ALSO, the page is pressed so that it folds a little easier with out damaging the entire thing.

I went to the craft store today to see if there were any books with pages like I was looking for and that was the one I found, how ever I could not find any refill pages for it.

Now, I might be wrong but I think that there is also something that you can adhere to the edge of the page that has the holes that keeps the page bound to the album.

I hope this was more helpful to you guys to try to direct me in the right direction!!!

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 07-15-09 05:20 AM
In response to monkepinay

The example you linked is chipboard album. I don't think those kind are meant to have refills. The finished ones that I have seen are either short event type albums(like girls night out) or for little kids - learn their letters, numbers, colors, or just an album that they can play with. Oh, and they are used for word books too.

These are a few from the superstore here.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to Tivi

The example linked is simply a post-bound chipboard album. The pages ARE inside a sleeve.

I think you may be referring to a strap hinge.
There are also spiral bound albums.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Bxr-Linda

That's it!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics