Username Post: Alright! I give up! I need Help!        (Topic#1512287)
Angel_Face
Expert
Angel_Face

Arrrgh! What is missing!?

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach
In response to Angel_Face

Journaling? A date? Which child this is (if you have more than one)?

Actually, I'd make the title larger using thickers or die cut letters to fill up the page some more too.

Resident
In response to CMLeach

That looks sooo cute. Maybe you could put some diecut circles at the top to make them look like bubbles. I like the idea above as well (about putting the child's name at the top)

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to DolphinGirl09

Something in the bottom left to draw the eye around the whole lo would be good....

I do like the colors and the bracket shape and the flowers!

married05
Idol
married05
In response to Manda_K

I would agree maybe a larger title and a date or short journaling. I like the flowers!

Briard Buddy
Pro
Briard Buddy
In response to Manda_K

I would probably stamp some flourish on the bottom/and up the left side framing the picture balancing the layout. With the flowers it feels like it would tip over or be top heavy and that's what makes you feel that something is missing. You could also journal a frame around the picture telling who the child is and why the picture was taken. Hand written with black ink would look nice and anchor the picture, making it feel more balanced. Great picture by the way, is it you?

Angel_Face
Expert
Angel_Face
In response to Briard Buddy

These are great suggestions! Thank you I think I have some good ideas brewing....

Briard Buddy =] that is my daughter!

BellaJae
Veteran
BellaJae

I also agree with larger title, Its a cute layout.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to BellaJae

definitely journaling!

patchouli2000
Expert
patchouli2000
In response to terrihooper

You're off to a wonderful start! I agree, the title should be much larger. You could add journaling (at least the baby's age) and maybe matte the photo...

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit

You're instincts are good. Basically you've got a good design going here; but as suggested above, you might try adding something to the lower left for balance. It could be a bit of journaling or embellishment or even the title. The large area of embellishment in the upper right just seems "top heavy" without something on the lower left to counterbalance it. It's a really nice layout. Hope to see it when you're finished.

rubyc
rubyc 
Expert
rubyc
  • rubyc on 09-15-09 05:26 AM
In response to Ms. Fit

I agree you need a larger title

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to Manda_K

• Manda_K Said:
Something in the bottom left to draw the eye around the whole lo would be good....

I do like the colors and the bracket shape and the flowers!

thats what I was thinking. Its really cute even with out but something to draw the eye would be great

sandra03
Resident
sandra03
In response to planty

if you didn't want to add any more lettering even just adding a couple more flowers to the bottom left or a cute sticker or diecut of something bath related like a bar of soap or rubber ducky in colours that go with the rest of the lo.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to sandra03

a bling flourish!!!!!!!!!!!!! Either in the lower left (my choice) scrolling up across the photo,,,,,or the upper left down across the photo from the upper left maybe,,,,,,,with some more flowers maybe,,,

or a pearl flourish would be nice too, as it looks like you have some little seed pearls coming out of the flowers,,,,

Edited by CommaHolly on 09-17-09 02:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Veteran
In response to CommaHolly

Bigger title with some bling - such a cutie -

Crankylady
Veteran
Crankylady

I just say, relax, it'll come to you. i never say a page is finished. I go back and add stuff all the time. Maybe just a tiny sticker, maybe some ink or a dot from a pen. I just got some stamps taht are large swirls, they take up space and add a lot to a page, then I can put butterflies, or flowers or whatever on top of them. Relax, breathe, take in the ideas you are given. It'll come to you, cute kid!

Veteran
In response to Crankylady

love the design and colors - maybe childs name &age or make the title a bit larger? Great LO

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics