Username Post: HELP!!!! BIGGEST CHALLENGE EVER Slanted Ceilings! No storage space! YIKES        (Topic#1518927)
Tweety14kath
Resident
Tweety14kath

10/26/09 05:34 PM - Post#11654815

HELP!!! HELP!!! BIGGEST CHALLENGE!!!!!!! If you go to my artroom pages you will see that almost all around the entire artroom is slanted ceilings. How Can I store anything in or on this totally empty and wasted space!!! I am up a creek without a paddle!!!!! The only place I have that is a vertical wall is that big monolith in the center of the artroom which encloses the fireplace. That's the only place I have for wall(straight up and down space) storage... I am STUMPED and NEED all or your expertise... HELP!!! I truly need any and all of your brains for this one... even one little suggestion would be dearly appreciated!!! Thanks Tweety14Kath

sweet1
sweet1 
Pro
sweet1
In response to Tweety14kath

Just an idea.. you could hang curtain rods (small ones) in an area that would not be directly overhead about 1' or so apart and then hang embellies, paper, whatever in gal. size ziploc bags with alligator clips or use clip it up clips. Looking at your space though it doesn't seem like you need more storage space. Great room and I'm jealous!

Tweety14kath
Resident
Tweety14kath
In response to sweet1

Thanks soooo much! That's a great beginning! I have been down here in Florida due to some very very emotional family matters and MH said he wanted me down here so I wouldn't slip and open my mouth and say the wrong thing and lose my visitation rights to my beautiful gandaughters. My DIL filed for divorce from my middle son and yes it takes 2 to tango, but...well, God
is good and if I stay down here till Thanksgiving I'm less apt to get put in a situation that I couldn't get myself out of.
then last wed. my precious little Pomeranian died in my arms at the vet's. It had been a very rough and emotional summer and I really haven't been home much...so I haven't been able to do much of anything for scrapbooking. But I did make a memorial page for "Bo Beau" the Pom... maybe I can upload it to my page. Thanks again. luv, kath

CMLeach
Governor
CMLeach

I'm jealous of your space too! Looks like you've got LOTS of storage with all of those cabinets. If you want, you could take the doors off of some of them in order to have open storage almost like bookcases.

You could use a curtain rod on that one wall in order to display layouts like this:
http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Tweety14kath
Resident
Tweety14kath
In response to CMLeach

tHANKS duh! I never even thought of taking off the doors... then I could even order those WONDERFUL skinny skinny drawers from what company...I forgot. But, now see... you used the left side of your brain... my doesn't work. Actually can't wait to get home and maybe start ORGANIZING!!!!!!! Thanks for any and all big and small ideas! Hey! I think we should have a huge crop weekend.....and come down to my condo...and share ideas... anybody up for that after the holidays???????????? That would be soooo much fun! Thanks again luv, kath

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

You could hang rods or long towel racks on the short wall behind your cabinets and hang things off it like a clip-it-up.

Although it looks like your cabinets are kind of deep. Can you easily reach the wall behind them?

tabbilwilex
Mayor
tabbilwilex
In response to Bxr-Linda

WOW great colors in your room, and you defenitely have the cabinet space!
I have one suggestion and its a small one.You could install glass shelves in the window nooks. Then use clear jars on them for some of your embellies. This would still let the light through and give you a few shelves!

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to tabbilwilex

I have cabinets in my room too and everything I have has to be put in them (well almost everything). I am almost done but I have the following tips.

In the double base cabinets use these with the sterilte scrap containers/drawer units I have one double in mine and I have 12 drawers in it. My single cabinets are too narrow (by 1/2 inch) for these but the double works. I also went container shopping and found some great containers that are 13" accross and they fit in the single cabinets really well. I have fibers in one, re inkers, cuttlebug supplies, silhouette, flowers (2) etc. They will each have labels but at this point they are clear and I know what is in them. I also found some great see through containers at Walmart for CD's and have my stamps in two of them and my spellbinders in another. For the drawers I recomend baskets and then toss in odds and ends (punches, tools, etc). I have my misc embelishments in stackable shoe drawers from Walmart. I started by putting as many things away and then put all my odds and end in a large basket on the counter, I am slowly getting that basket empytied organized.

The rest of my stuff comes out of storage this week so when I am done I will post pictures but being 8 months pregnant makes some things harder than others.

Edited by CorrieW on 10-30-09 09:03 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics