Username Post: Gluing pictures        (Topic#1541715)
Ilka79
Ilka79 
Veteran
Ilka79

I wonder what kind of glue can I use to mount pictures to the layouts or albums. Glue stick, tacky glue? Is it true that if I use Glue stick after awhile the picture will come off?
How about mounting paper to paper what glue can I use?

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Ilka79

I recommend an adhesive runner of some sort. Yes, 99% of scrappers have problems with glue sticks eventually coming loose,,,,an adhesive runner won't do that,,,,there are many types on the market, all the way up to and including the ATG gun, which is the most expensive type TOOL, but has the cheapest REFILLS. Any of these are good for photos AND paper.

If you REALLY like a wet glue, Zip dry won't wrinkle paper!
Products Referenced in This Post:

kariyava
Pro
kariyava
In response to CommaHolly

I keep it simple and primarily use scotch double-sided tape. It is available everywhere, easy to use, and effective!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to kariyava

I like to use photo splits.

armyscraper
Veteran
armyscraper
In response to debby_westbrook

Glue sticks are good if you want to mount something temporarily, but you need something more permanent and heavy duty or they will fall off.

spend2much
Diva
spend2much
In response to armyscraper

I use the same type of double sided tape that goes into an ATG gun BUT I don't use the ATG gun cuz it's costly and the tape I buy is from my Local Stamp store and comes in many widths...a much cheaper way to adhere most anything, especially photos minus the actual gun that holds the tape. I feel I have better control by just using my fingers to tear the tape. It is tearable also...a nice bonus!

Liquid glue to adhere photos or anything large....a huge NO NO!

Ilka79
Ilka79 
Veteran
Ilka79
In response to spend2much

Thank you for help...and how about Gluing paper to chipboard when I make an album, which glue can I use for that?

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Ilka79

I use the same adhesives that Holly recommended/listed for photos.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Luvmyfam

for adhering paper to chipboard, I use one of two methods,,,,,,depending on the look I want,,,,

either I use mod podge to adhere it and then cover it over again with at least one layer of mod podge to give it a glossy look and/or to protect it (they have several looks, glossy, mat, sparkly), or I simply ATG it on and leave it bare,,,,,ink the edges, whatever,,,,,

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty

• spend2much Said:

Zip Dry is a liquid glue that you CAN use on photos or large items. No wrinkling
Products Referenced in This Post:

scraperfect
Pro
scraperfect
In response to Here Kitty

Totally recommend The Best Glue Ever (yes, that's the name) for just about any craft related usage. Dries fast, extremely strong, won't wrinkle paper, can use it on metal, plastic, chunky stuff, can make your own glue spots, sue it on fabric, stamp with it, permanent on fabric, no oder or strings.... I still use a tape runner on my pics. NOT sure why, except I do lift and change the pics as I'm working and the glue would be down forever. (Well, actually, I use rubber cement thinner --Heptane-- as my unglue. But lifting and repositioning tape is easier.

There are a bunch of videos about it Youtube.com/scraperfect and Debby Dares just made a new one using it to make some cute flowers out of aluminum soda cans!

spend2much
Diva
spend2much
In response to Here Kitty

• Here Kitty Said:
  • spend2much Said:

Zip Dry is a liquid glue that you CAN use on photos or large items. No wrinkling

Is this glue better than the glossy accents that can be used as a glue? I've seen it in my stamp store and heard good things about it. I just need really strong glue for things other than photos.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 08-31-10 08:01 AM

Zip dry dries clear; glossy accents dries glossy. So it just depends on which look you're going for.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to IzzyB

I use photo splits, runners and liquid glue. If it's on a hard heavy cardstock with alot of texture (say bazzill grasscloth or bling) sometimes i use glue dots since the liquid glue doesn't adhere as well.

Glue sticks never work for me.

And the only thing i use for embellis is diamond glaze

Edited by Just G on 08-31-10 08:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

janeelizabeth
Pro
janeelizabeth
In response to Just G

I use Scotch Quick-dry adhesive. It has a precision applicator and holds most everything fast and firm and withstands the test of time. However, if you're adhering vellum or ribbon, etc., then I recommend the tape runners. The permanent ones hold quite well.

Ilka79
Ilka79 
Veteran
Ilka79
In response to janeelizabeth

Thank you, all your advices are very helpful

km37 
Tenant
  • km37 on 09-06-10 09:08 PM
In response to Ilka79

To be different from everyone else - I have always used 'photo dots' (sticky dots). If you place the photo on a page and want to move it around - you can still get the photo off but once stuck it stays on there pretty strong also. For mini books or chipboard shapes I use double sided tape. Cheap and works. And if you are time poor like me - you don't need to wait for glue to dry!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics