Username Post: Adhering newspaper article        (Topic#1549269)
Resident

I am looking at putting a newspaper article in a scrapbook for my mom. What is the best way to go about this? I am concerned about how the ink will affect the page over time. Any ideas?

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to DolphinGirl09

I'd make a color copy of it and put that in. Over time (unless you spray it with some archival spray- can't remember what it's called) it will break down and yellow and degrade.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Seaexplore

I usually scan newspaper articles and then print on good paper. If you really want to use the article, there are sprays to de-acidify them. You can also place the article in a clear bag or something to protect surrounding photos.

Cindy

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to Seaexplore

• seaexplore Said:
I'd make a color copy of it and put that in. Over time (unless you spray it with some archival spray- can't remember what it's called) it will break down and yellow and degrade.

Even if it's sprayed, it will still yellow and decay - newspapers aren't meant to last.

Belia 
Tenant
  • Belia on 12-27-10 07:33 PM
In response to Here Kitty

No idea if this is the best way to do it, but I have laminated the newspaper articles first, then added them to the scrapbook.

But I'm not a freak about archival quality stuff, either.

cdsqueen
Expert
cdsqueen
In response to Belia

I have done a ton of these. I finally found (on here someplace) someone that did them. They gave me the idea of using Contact paper. It works AWESOME!! It's in rolls and you want to get the clear. This paper is normally used to put down inside your cupboards. I have used so much I need to take stock on it Let me know if you have further questions I know quite a bit about it. Good luck. By the way PM me it's easier to respond.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to cdsqueen

My mom has used Archival Mist, and I've recently tried out the special copy machine at Archiver's.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to aquabunny

I mat my newspaper articles, if I use the actual newspaper, so that when it does age it wont effect the other papers and photos around it.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics