Username Post: Storage Rubber & Clear Stamps?        (Topic#1549647)
Lucyara3
New Kid On the Block
Lucyara3

I need some ideas in storing my rubber stamps and clear stamps. I have started to store my clear stamps in cd cassettes. But I noticed that 24 cd cassettes in a small box weights alot and seems to take up alot of room.

I stop storing my stamps in the cd cassettes. I want a better way to store them. Any ides please.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Lucyara3

Here is what I use. I unmounted all my wooden stamps, too. I LOVE it! I also created a rolodex file for all my stamps with which box and try they were in!
Products Referenced in This Post:

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to terrihooper

I recently switched to a three ring binder filled with transparency sheets. Then I dividers with tabs to code different themes. It has been working well so far.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to MrsAnnieS

Clear stamps I store in a 3 ring binder.
Rubber stamps I store in a drawer. I make a sample stamp on a sheet of paper that I store in a binder.

Edited by dotfree on 12-31-10 10:50 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to dotfree

I use 3-ring binders. I buy, as needed, packages of storage panels from Sunday International. The acrylic stamps just stick right to them, just like you would put them on a mounting block to use them. I removed all my rubber stamps from the wooden blocks and put them on EZ Mount backing, also from Sunday International, and stick those on the panels in my binders also. I divide everything up by general subject (alphas, numbers, words, flourishes, animals, botanicals, Christmas, etc.). This is easily done as you can get not only plain panels, but tabbed panels as well which can be labeled however you like. If you want to see what these items are like, just google Sunday International. This system has worked very well for me. I can quickly flip through the pages/panels to whatever I need.

cat_woman
Expert
cat_woman
In response to Ms. Fit

I use binders to store all my stamps. I unmount anything on wood so they're easier to store. I posted on my blog last summer with pictures of my storage system if you want to take a look:

Cat's Stamp Storage System

Lucyara3
New Kid On the Block
Lucyara3
In response to cat_woman

thank you for all your ideas. Is it easy to unmount rubber stamps? I only have about 30.

cat_woman
Expert
cat_woman
In response to Lucyara3

Most times, if you can get a little corner of the stamp up, it will peel right off the block foam and all. I found SU stamps come off the block the easiest. If you have a hard time getting the stamp off the block, there are two methods you can use to get the glue to release. First method, and the one I used, is to stick the stamp in the microwave for about 15-20 seconds and then try to take it off the block. Keep going on 10sec intervals and the glue will eventually get soft enough to release. Watch though, because the wood will eventually heat up. If this was the case, I used an oven mitt to hold it. The second method, is to throw the stamp into the freezer for a couple hours. Adhesives don't work well in the cold and this should get the glue to let go.

identicaltriplets
Veteran
identicaltriplets
In response to cat_woman

I keep mine in Univenture binders. They are on sale for $1.07 right now, and the hold a LOT! You can see mine here. I have over 1,000 stamps, and they all fit in these binders on the top of my desk. You can also see how I keep an inventory Rolodex here. I can find anything I am looking for with my Rolodex. I hope you find it helpful. Blessings,

Lucyara3
New Kid On the Block
Lucyara3
In response to identicaltriplets

I like the Rolodex idea. Thank you, you have been a lot of help to my questions.

identicaltriplets
Veteran
identicaltriplets
In response to Lucyara3

• Lucyara3 Said:
I like the Rolodex idea. Thank you, you have been a lot of help to my questions.

You are welcome. Glad I could help!

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to Lucyara3

I used Un-Du on any that were stubborn and just carefully worked around the edges into the middle until they came free. It was not difficult at all.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to Ms. Fit

My clear stamps are in an accordion style binder separated by theme and my wood stamps are in drawers.

Tenant
In response to HisGEM

I JUST posted on my blog about stamp storage. Check it out: http://paper-paperblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-years-r...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics