Username Post: 4x6 pictures        (Topic#1561217)
ellybug312
Veteran
ellybug312

Hey! I need some advice! i have 6 pictures from the mountains they are all beautiful "site seeing pictures" and they are 4x6 horizontal pictures, im wanting to do a 2 page layout about autumn & natures beauty, but i have no idea on how to arrange the pictures, i dont want to cut off the pictures into squares, because then im taking away the whole picture, i have no idea how im going to fit all 6 pictures on a 2 page layout, but if i cant..i wont...but i would love to have them together... any advice is welcome, i have also tryed to put them in a "triangular" shape (3 on both sides one overlapping the two sides) but i want to mat the pictures is that the only way i can do a 6 picture 2 pg layout?? thanks for you advice and anything is welcome, i feel like im being picky if so you can tell me, but i would love to have room for a title.. any suggestion is welcome!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to ellybug312

Have you looked at sketches? How about searching the gallery for double page layouts?

Also, you can do a strip of 3 photos on each page if you want something pretty easy.
Pascha 2010 By Here Kitty
Of course, if you use them uncut, they'd stretch to the top and bottom. If you still feel you need to mat the photos, you could just have the mat show on the right and left sides.

You can also layer them for a different look.
Alpine Mist By Here Kitty

Edited by Here Kitty on 07-11-11 06:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Here Kitty

You can search the gallery by # of photos. Hopefully this link will take you there.

HTH

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to kelseymel

Foosball By Henri Jean

I trimmed the left and right pictures but you don't have too. I wanted the mat but it would have worked without it and still gotten my 6 pictures.

Also leaves room for embellies or journaling where the foosball characters are.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Henri Jean

overlapping or even trimming in half to go across 2 pages is the way to do it

These aren't exact (6) 4x6 photos but you can use the same type of designs and just cut photos to fit on both pages

Disney Memories By Just G

40 and Fabulous - Party Time By Just G

Whitewater Rafting By Just G

Tea Cup Ride By Just G

Edited by Just G on 07-11-11 07:41 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Samothrace
Guru
Samothrace
In response to Just G

Ocean Beauty By Samothrace

Sorrento Views By Samothrace

These were a couple I thought of in my gallery. In both cases I trimmed like 1/4 inch off the sides, which didn't compromise the scenic view of the photos. Obviously, the 2nd is all vertical photos, but the design could easily be roatated.

ellybug312
Veteran
ellybug312
In response to Samothrace

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! i love all the beautiful examples! i finally did my natures beauty. but now im going to use the rest of some pictures to do a collage, and kinda go from all theses examples. ive got so many ideas now on how i want to use my pictures! The one i did is now in my gallery. and thank you so much all of the layouts are soo pretty!

Resident
In response to ellybug312

Hope I can explain this. I had a series of pictures of my goddaughter during a cheer competition. There were several pictures of the various stunts and a picture of the girls with their trophy. I purchased several (acid-free) heavy cardstock blank greeting cards. I covered the front cover and both inside covers with patterned paper. I hid a mini magnet under the paper of the top inside cover and put it's "partner" on the back of the card (uncovered side). I then attached photos to the top and both inside covers. The hidden magnets kept the cards from flopping open when I turned the pages. I then glued down the cards (2 total) to my slightly less than 12x12 page. So I was able to display a total of 6 6x4 photos on one page.
Products Referenced in This Post:

ars.scrap
Expert
ars.scrap
In response to oilbrat

Here are a couple of ideas that I have done in the past for lots of landscape layouts. Sometimes if you can pick just one or two photos to cut down a bit smaller, it frees up your design a bit.

There are others in my gallery that might help, but these seemed the most relevant.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics