Username Post: 1 year of photos        (Topic#1563985)
New Kid On the Block

My daughter has close to 800 photos from spending a year in Italy—and this is after editing them! She wants to make a scrapbook. In the past we've used Kolo products, but they're too expensive for this. She needs a combination of photo preservation (4 x 6 photo pages) and the ability to make some scrapbook book pages. What products should we be looking at? It's okay to have two volumes, but with Kolo, we'd end up with 5-6.

Obi
Obi 
Mayor
Obi
  • Obi on 09-05-11 02:02 PM
In response to SarahGriffith31

There are 12x 12 photo album pages which can fit into scrapbooks.

I've linked to an example it pays to match the page insets to the brand of album you use though not all albums have holes in the same place.

Another idea is to put a CD with the extra photos in it in a sleve in the back. Make a slide show and add notes to the CD.

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to Obi

I second OBI's suggestion of we r memories albums and pages. They offer a variety of options and their 3 ring binder are great! I switched to them and now own 4.

As for question about having 2 volumes...YES! My oldest first year had to be divided into two albums.
However if you are trying to get into one album, multi-pic layouts are strongly recommended.

Sounds exciting!

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850
In response to jaxxan

I like the idea of having a cd with extra's in the back. I also think you'd def need more than one volume. I'm working on a layout with 9 photos of one of my cousin's girls dressed up in costume. It's a 12 x 12 layout but I printed 6 photos to a 6 x 4 sheet at my local store. There's still plenty of room for journalling on it. Maybe you could consider printing poster/collage prints like this?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Christine19850

I agree Christine. Once in a blue moon I will do a layout with one photo because it is so special, but my normal layouts had a lot of pictures. I have too many pictures and would have a hundred albums if I did't put lots of picures on a page or do them collage style.

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to Henri Jean

I too like the idea of keeping the CD in the album!!!

jandkhtree
New Kid On the Block
jandkhtree
In response to SmartyPants

First of all, SOOO jealous of spending a year in Italy!! I would have tons of photos too, everything there is beautiful. (even sidewalks!!) I like the idea of using the photo sleeves too. I'm sure that would be much more cost efficient while having everything on display.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics