Username Post: cling cushion/rubber stamps        (Topic#1564087)
mars2005
Veteran
mars2005

Im a little confused on this cling cushion thing. i have a couple rubber stamps that are not mounted. Is cling cushion sticky on both sides so one side sticks to the stamp and the other to a wooden or acrylic block? i also have some clear stamp id like to mount. Any suggestions would be more than welcomed.

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to mars2005

You don't need to mount clear stamps, they're designed to work as they are. You use them with an acrylic block.

You can buy some rubber stamps with nothing on them and you have to mount them with the cling cushion. It's sticky on one side only - the side that attaches to the stamp. The other side is the cling side and it works with an acrylic block just like clear stamps do. The cling works like window clings do - they cling to the surface, but there is no adhesive.

Check out the videos section for a ton of tutorials and product info
Here is one that shows how you use acrylic stamps:
http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/?m=view&v= 339&c...

Here's a cool tutorial by Unity Stamp Co. that features the cling rubber stamps that they sell.
http://www.scrapbook.com/videos/?m=view&v= 1937&...

You can also mount rubber stamps with cushion and a wood block, but IMO it's unnecessary. Wood blocks on every stamp takes up a LOT of space. Why mount with wood when you can just use the cling and use acrylic blocks? The acrylic blocks are used over and over again for all cling stamps

Edited by Here Kitty on 09-09-11 11:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Here Kitty

I agree...I would NEVER mount my clear to wood...wood takes up so much room!!! I want to unmount my wood!!!!! That sounded REALLY weird!!!!!!! LOL!!!!

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to binkiemonstermom

bahahahaha!!!!!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to binkiemonstermom

• binkiemonstermom Said:
I agree...I would NEVER mount my clear to wood...wood takes up so much room!!! I want to unmount my wood!!!!! That sounded REALLY weird!!!!!!! LOL!!!!

Then, you sound opposite of most of us here.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to Bxr-Linda

LOL!!!!!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics