Username Post: Inspirational Scrappin'? Help!        (Topic#1566845)
TNgurl4eva
New Kid On the Block
TNgurl4eva

I wanted to make an inspirational quotes/pictures scrapbook. It's going to be for my boyfriend, who has been going through a rough depression...I just wanted to make something for him that I could do rather quickly and something that will put that amazing smile back on his beautiful face. Anyone have any ideas or quotes they'd like to share?
Anything is appreciated! Thanks so much. :]
I also plan on adding pics of us and my own little letters and words of love for him, just for that personal touch. It's going to be a random gift, but if I need to, it will just be a part of his Christmas gift, which is a big ole gift basket with all kinds of random goodies in it. :]

New Kid On the Block
In response to TNgurl4eva

Hi

This is not quite the same but when my husband turned 40 I wanted to make something special for him. I made a tribute album 8x8. On one page I had a photo of him with a friend or a photo of the friend and on the opposing page I had a printed sheet with the words: Remember when ... and then underneath the words: Thanks for ....
I gave these pre-printed pages to all his friends and rellies and they filled in the gaps. I had a very simple theme to the album which repeated over and over - I just changed the colours to match the photos. By doing this the album didn't take long to construct. I think this is a fantastic and very thoughtful idead for your boyfriend especially if he is going through a rough patch at the moment as it would make him aware of the support he has. Nothing makes you feel better than people telling you how special you are. My husband said it was the best present he's ever received and now that several of the people who wrote in it have passed, it is a very special keepsake. Hope this has helped a little bit. Good Luck!

SquidMa
New Kid On the Block
SquidMa
In response to mfelesina

I really love that you're doing this. I hope everything goes well for your boyfriend, and good for you to do anything you can to bring his spirit back!

I love inspirational quotes also. Right off the top of my head, i can't think of anything since its early and i cant see straight!

I know Mark Twain has alot of inspirational quotes though. Dr. Seuss maybe? authors.

Musical Artists maybe? They are pretty inspirational. the first thing that popped in my head was Bob Marley and his song 'three little birds'
-"Don't worry about a thing, cause every little thing is gonna be alright."

That might give you a good idea of where to start!
Again, i love that you're doing this!
Let us know how it turns out.

darkone
New Kid On the Block
darkone
In response to SquidMa

Just talk from your heart in your words. That would mean so much too him.

nicburton
New Kid On the Block
nicburton
In response to darkone

If you're on facebook there are lots of pages there for quotes, just look for quotes under search.

What a lovely idea to make an album like this. I love what you did as well mfelasina.

Butterfly Beads
Guru
Butterfly Beads
In response to TNgurl4eva

Hi! Quotes are so very inspirational! This is such a great idea for your boyfriend. I have a notebook of quotes that I have compiled over the years. You can go on the internet and find great quotes...Henry David Thoreau and Ralph Waldo Emerson are two of my favorites. The photos will be perfect,too. Your thoughtfulness will help to uplift his spirits! Happy Creating!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics