Username Post: what too do....        (Topic#1570419)
Happy Crafter
Resident
Happy Crafter

well i was wondering if anyone knew of an inexpensive way too grow your scrapbook stash?
because silly me thought i did not like too scrapbook any more and i was wrong :(

Edited by lovelyladyscraps on 02-08-12 05:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Happy Crafter

Do you mean your scrapbook supplies? I have not consciously tried to increase my supplies, they seem to multiply on their own!

If you are trying to increase your scrapbook stash there are a lot of people here who can give you some great tips!

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to Henri Jean

1. Learn how to make things on your own. For me, I am working on learning how to make different flowers. I also use my own mists on everything.
2. Buy ugly clearance chipboard and embellishments that you can paint or cover to whatever color you want.
3. Use coupons!!! Watch for sales!!! (bring your husband/ kid/ sister/ friend to use another coupon for you)

I am excited to see all the other tips!

Happy Crafter
Resident
Happy Crafter
In response to Rushli

thnaks for the tips Rushli

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook

Buy plain gold brads at the dollar store and use nail polish to paint them the color you want. Buy silk flowers tare them apart, then layer them the way you want. Save any cards you get, cut out the shapes or make tags out of them.. Keep and use any buttons you have laying around...

Edited by debby_westbrook on 02-08-12 06:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

simplycrafty
Veteran
simplycrafty
In response to debby_westbrook

Save money for the stuff you really want. I used to buy clearance all the time but I never used the stuff I got!! Unless you know your going to use it don't but it!! Coupons for ac moore and micheals are great!! Also try ebay for cheaper stuff. I like scrapbook.com for things I cant find any where else and once or twice a month they have free shipping and I save up for that!!

Happy Crafter
Resident
Happy Crafter
In response to simplycrafty

Thank you everyone for your tips it's much appricated

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 02-08-12 09:53 PM

Use your computer as much as possible: free printables for journaling cards and tags or print titles reversed on the back of cardstock for hand-cutting (though you would need to invest in sharp tipped scissors for this unless you are really handy with an exacto knife). Before I got pse software I would still download free digital elements if they were in jpeg format because you can open and resize them in word or publisher and then print.

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 02-08-12 09:57 PM
In response to MoniL

Another thing, don't purchase all the premade embellishments. So many of them can be made with a little time and patience; yoyo flowers from fabric scraps, pleated flowers from minimal paper, felt flowers hand-cut from a $0.25 sheet of craft felt.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to MoniL

There are so many threads here about saving money. One neighbor has compiled them in her blog:
http://www.scrapbook.com/blogs/184183/view/135 237.html

Apparently, lots of people here like to save money too.

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to Bxr-Linda

Linda....

laceyKat
Angel
laceyKat
In response to laceyKat

Great tips!!! TFS!

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas
In response to laceyKat

If there is a Scrapbook Expo near you, it might be worth checking out. They usually have dollar item bins at several vendors, sometimes $2 or $3 a piece. For example, I have been able to get an entire package of chipboard for $2 or $3 - the same ones selling at my local scrapbook store for $8- $10. I've stocked up on brads, chipboards, thickers, flowers, embellishments all for deeply discounted prices. Those items may not be the latest and greatest, but it's great for building up a stash.

veejer
veejer 
Resident
veejer
In response to Mama2Thomas

I would also see if local scrapbook stores have garage sales. None near me do, but I will drive over 100 miles to one in San Diego's North County. I love that store so I also buy their stuff on the same trip. I bought several great big packs of paper for $9 or less. There are often tons of machines, dies, stamps, etc. for amazingly low prices. I have a group of friends who scrap and we will have an "exchange" about once a year of supplies we no longer need or want. I've bought thickers just for one image and given the rest away on those nights.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to veejer

I went to a scrapbook garage sale in St. Petersburgh last month and bought over 300 awesome sheets of patterned paper - most of 50 sheets for $4.00.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics