Username Post: Glimmer Mists        (Topic#1570861)
New Kid On the Block

Hi!

I just bought my first glimmer mists and I am enjoying learning to use them. I didn't know if I'd like them because I'm not a huge sparkle/glitter fan but I love how these have just give a little glimmer. (Um yeah - that would be why they are GLIMMER Mists!! )

Anyways the one issue I am working through is when I spray cardstock it buckles and rolls and goes all out of shape. Then when I try to stick it down it doesn't lay flat. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks all!
Products Referenced in This Post:

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-20-12 06:14 PM
In response to Crafty1997

You're doing nothing wrong, GM is water-based and therefore paper reacts to it. It partly depends on how much you spray on. I understand that if you lightly spritz the back with plain water, the buckling is lessened, although I haven't tried this yet. Sometimes pressing it under a couple of really heavy books for a couple of days can help, too.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to stick

You can also iron the paper (if you don't want to wait days pressing it under heavy books).

New Kid On the Block
In response to cindy312

I'll try ironing. Thanks for the tip!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Crafty1997

I use a heat gun on it to make it dry faster and it usually makes it curl a little less

Just in case you're interested, Mister Huey's mists are not water based and dry flat ... they aren't sparkly though

Lauri D
Diva
Lauri D
In response to madmatter

be careful you don't ruin your iron. You might want to lay something on top of it or buy a crafting iron so you don't stain one you use on your clothes..

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to Lauri D

yes - that happens to me as well!! You might want to check out Mr. Huey's sprays by Studio Calico - they spray nicely and aren't all sparkly. I also find that it doesn't warp my paper as much!!
Products Referenced in This Post:

kellyshoaf
Idol
kellyshoaf
In response to SmartyPants

If I don't want a distressed (read warped) look, sometimes I spray on a paper plate and use a sponge dauber to "stamp" the glimmer mist on. Obviously, the effect is not what you get by spraying, but the color and sparkles still comes thru for me.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics