Username Post: Scrapbook Albums        (Topic#1572755)
MyrandaMichelle
New Kid On the Block
MyrandaMichelle

Hello Everybody! I have a problem when it comes to scrapbooking which somebody may be able to help me with. When I get halfway done with an album, the book is so full that I cannot finish adding anymore layouts to it! Do I just stop with that and start a new album? What do you guys do when you get to this point? Help!

Edited by MyrandaMichelle on 03-23-12 12:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to MyrandaMichelle

I often buy extension posts.

MyrandaMichelle
New Kid On the Block
MyrandaMichelle
In response to aquabunny

Forgive me for I am somewhat new at scrapbooking and not sure exactly what extension posts are, thank you for your response!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Post extensions allow you to expand a post-bound album. They usually come with the packages of page protector refills. You can also use the Pioneer "Snap Load" system. It takes the place of the posts. I prefer using a D-ring album. It just holds more and is easier to work with.

As far as my albums go, I have many with different layouts in them. For albums with just one theme, though, I've learned to plan my pages ahead of time to fit within the album I've chosen.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Luvmyfam

I started using 3 D-ring scrapbooks becuase the post ones just don't hold enough for me.

I like to get complete trips or cruises or trips in one book. But, when that gets filled, I start another.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Henri Jean

I also use the D-ring albums, especially since I like dimension on my LOs

But I have no problem with making an album in 2 parts ... I've had to do that with plenty of them and I don't think it's a big deal

MyrandaMichelle
New Kid On the Block
MyrandaMichelle
In response to madmatter

Thank you very much everyone! I will definitely be trying the D - ring albums from now on and I bet that will solve my problem!

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan

Just to fill a little with a few more thoughts.....
Keep in mind that some people have flatter pages and some have bulkier pages that will take up the space of a couple of pages. What one can get in album may not always hold true for another.

It will also depend on what your expectation is in regards to number of pages you want to put in a book! Although I am not a big fan of D rings albums I still can't get 300 layouts in there!

Although it will pain you at first to split an album if you still need to, in the long run it will be fine. It gives you a break in the middle to get a drink or have some cake!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics