Username Post: Question-When you blog about it?        (Topic#1573997)
domesticanddamned
New Kid On the Block
domesticanddamned

I've been checking out many of the scrapbook blogs that the community have, and I'm blown away by them all.

My question, as someone who is fairly new to the community, when you started your blog to show your projects, how many projects did you have completed?
Has anyone in the past gotten their blog set up while still working on their first few projects?

I'm asking because I'm still working on a project but was wanting to turn a current blog into a project blog.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to domesticanddamned

I am (VERY SLOWLY) building a new scrap area, and do not get a lot of scrapping done. I was going to wait to start the blog until I finished the area, but under my DH's urging, I went ahead and started it. I did not have one scrapping project done when I started it. My first post was my new table.

I enjoy going at my own pace. I do not blog everyday, every other day or even every week! I do not have themes of technique tuesday or anything fancy. I should mention I do not have a following. I figure once I do start scrapping regularly I can start working that angle, but it is really not a big deal for me...

I say do want you want! lol

domesticanddamned
New Kid On the Block
domesticanddamned
In response to Rushli

Thanks.
The followers will come.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee

I am also fairly new, but I read that one should start with 5 posts/projects. I technically started on January 1, 2012 but that included 4 posts that I dated in December. 5 posts, 5 projects. Once I got into a habit of posting twice a week everything kind of fell into place. My projects are always related to crafts. Good luck and have fun!!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to theellenbee

I really didn't have anything completed FOR my blog when I began it-

I got my blog setup with a header and my first introductory post before I made it 'public.' Then I made a project for it- and just started!

I'm still very, very new. I just go as I go!

-kory

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to designguyKORY

Are you making the blog for you or for others? If it's another place (besides this site) to showcase your work, then just jump in. if you are making it to teach and have others use your work as a guide, i'd suggest having a few projects already made so you can keep posting even if you didn't scrap that day.

i have been blogging for a while. i did it for me. followers come with time. having it linked to fb helps.

good luck

domesticanddamned
New Kid On the Block
domesticanddamned
In response to Lamoo12

Thanks guys.

I've got an old blog that I had forgotten I had on WordPress {normally I blog on Blogger} and thought I would turn it into a project blog.
I've ordered some pages and embellishments which I am still waiting to get in the mail. I did a bit of an introduction post the other day on the "new" blog, but that's about as far as I got.

Lamoo12... That's an interesting question that I never really thought about. I guess it's sort of for me and sort of for others. I've written short stories and poems on my blogs before but I've not had the guts to show my art, so this scrapbooking blog has me rattled.

meela
meela 
Resident
meela
  • meela on 04-29-12 05:25 PM

I started my blog to share projects with friends and others. I had been scrapping, quilting, sewing, and crafting for years, but didn't start with those type projects, I just started posting and putting on projects as I created them. Now there are so may types of blogs, you can share recipes, home decor, projects, whatever you want. It isn't limited to something you have created, you can even share things you want to do, places you would like to visit or have visited, ideas you have stumbled on (always give credit to the person you learned the idea from) and more. I try to blog once a week, but there are times I can't get to it for weeks at a time. Best wishes!

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to meela

I started my blog basically just for me because I wanted to try it - I wasn't even sure I'd get any followers (although I do have some now). My blog is sort of a catch-all: posts about daily life and experiences, stories, and some crafts and scrapbooking thrown in for fun. My advice is to blog about whatever you feel like!

Jen

Brandilynn
Expert
Brandilynn
In response to JenKoss

you know I dont know!!!! I dont think their are any rules. I started mine so my scrappy friends could keep up with me and what I was doing scrappy wise after I moved away from them and "our" crops, but since then I have gotten alot more followers. I dont mind as long as I am inspiring somebody

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Brandilynn

why not? Frankly, there are so many almost professional blogs out there, it can be VERY intimidating for the beginner!

Why not blog all about the first, second, third, etc project?? why NOT a beginners' blog??? I think that would be a phenomenal idea!

domesticanddamned
New Kid On the Block
domesticanddamned
In response to CommaHolly

Thanks. I've never considered a beginner's blog before.
This is what I have done on my scrapbook blog in the last few days. http://missardethblood.wordpress.com

cindy312
Diva
cindy312

I love the idea of a beginning scrapbooker's blog! I blog about stuff I try for the first time (recently, copper etching and glass beadmaking) frequently.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics