Username Post: What is the best way to post a 12x12 layout into the gallery?        (Topic#1574051)
mykelsonnier
Tenant
mykelsonnier

I'm wanting to post some of my 12x12 LOs into my gallery. I only have a standard size scanner, so scanning the full page is out. I do have a photo editing program...paint shop pro, but not sure how to combine pics on there. Anyone have any ideas?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to mykelsonnier

I put my layouts on the floor in direct sunlight and take pictures from overhead. Other people scan the page enough times to get all sections of it, then use a scan-stitching program.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to aquabunny

I'm one of those that puts in good light, takes a picture, loads it into the computer and then downloads it into the sb.com gallery. Simple usually works best for me.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to meezerpleaser

I also just photograph my layouts.

mykelsonnier
Tenant
mykelsonnier
In response to Henri Jean

Thanks ladies. Thats what Im thinking will work best for me.

Miss Giebel
Tenant
Miss Giebel
In response to mykelsonnier

I use Paint Shop Pro to "stitch" my layouts together.
I scan my scrapbook page 3x's, left, right and bottom.
Then I open a blank document (4000 x 4000 pixels works for me, I scan at 300 dpi)
I use the selection tool to copy one of my images (the left side for example) and then I paste the piece into the blank document using control E or "paste as new selection".
Then I use the selection tool to select a portion of the right side scan, enough to overlap the first scan a bit.
Then I copy it and place it into the blank document using control E again. I line it up over the left side.
Lastly, I do the same thing for the bottom piece but I only copy a small strip of the bottom scan to copy and overlap into my blank document on top of the other two sides of my layout.
Then I use the selection tool to capture the whole layout and crop it. Then save it as a jpeg and you're done!

I hope this makes sense.

Edited by heidianne on 04-25-12 06:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics