Username Post: Adding confetti to a page....        (Topic#1580899)
teenuh
teenuh 
Tenant
teenuh

I recently just purchased some border punches. A few of them create confetti from the negative punched spaces. I wanted to attach some of this confetti to my page, but I'm not sure how to do it. I really don't want to glue each confetti dot one by one!!! I've seen a couple of tutorials where they use spray adhesives, but I don't have any on hand and I'm really trying to limit my spending this month. Any other ideas?!?

Edited by teenuh on 09-19-12 10:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to teenuh

What if you punched the shapes out of paper with an adhesive backing? You can buy self-adhesive cardstock, or a Sizzix product (similar to the QuicKutz adhesive sheets below) that lets you make any paper self-adhesive.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to aquabunny

You could also use them in a shaker box,
or make a pocket from some scrap plastic packaging or a page protector,
or run them through a xyron sticker maker.

Welcome to the neighborhood!!

Edited by Kim222 on 09-20-12 06:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

teenuh
teenuh 
Tenant
teenuh
In response to Kim222

The confetti I'm talking about are tiny--probably about 1.5 mm in diameter so it would be very tedious to attach a lot of them even if I used adhesive backing or most likely sticker maker as well.

I like the shaker box idea, but just not for this particular project I'm working on. Thanks for the input, though!

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to teenuh

What about a puddle of liquid adhesive?

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Kim222

How about a Zig glue-pen to dot the places where you want the confetti, then placing them using tweezers? At that size I'm afraid there isn't really going to be a non-tedious solution.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Here Kitty
Mayor
Here Kitty
In response to aquabunny

What do you want it to look like? That will help determine the answer, IMO.

Personally, I would use adhesive and then dump it all on - what sticks sticks and what doesn't...well, it doesn't matter.

teenuh
teenuh 
Tenant
teenuh
In response to Here Kitty

Here Kitty -- What kind of adhesive would be good to dump the confetti on ? I might just take the plunge and buy the spray adhesive since I have a 50% off coupon for Joann's anyways. Just looking for other options I might be able to do now

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 09-20-12 12:05 PM
In response to teenuh

I love spray adhesive (3M Photo Mount almost exclusively) for a lot of things, but it's an aerosol and gets all over EVERYTHING if you're not careful - I spray outside, in the garage, or in the house inside a mostly closed box which works surprisingly well. If you use it I'd suggest making a mask first - just cut a hole in a sheet of paper in the shape & size of where you want the confetti to go, lay it over your real paper (maybe tape them together on the back with paper tape or blue painter's tape), and cover anything else on your real paper so it doesn't get sprayed.

Alternatively, since it's paper confetti, I'd probably use a Zig pen, or a paintbrush with a liquid glue like 3M Scotch Quick Dry or The Best Glue Ever. Just paint on where you want it and add your confetti. You can also easily add more glue & confetti this way.

tinacome
Veteran
tinacome
In response to stick

I love spray adhesive too, but it may not work well for this project. It doesn't stop being adhesive when it "dries" so there will likely be sticky parts all over your LO. The confetti won't be tiny enough to cover every little bit of the adhesive, unless you sprinkle something over the top like fine glitter, etc.

I would probably just use blobs of liquid glue (non-warping) and then sprinkle the confetti on top.

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to tinacome

i used glue stic over the area then dumped the confetti on. it dried clear.

i 'heart' my ball By Lamoo12

lookin' hoppy By Lamoo12

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Lamoo12

I used border punch confetti on a card recently. I used a Zig pen to dot little bits of glue where I wanted the confetti to end up, then sprinkled it into place. I picked it up, dumped the ones that didn't stick, and repeated. Then I used the same process for the smaller confetti. It wasn't tedious at all.

http://www.cindyderosier.com/2012/08/fiskateers-cc c-cro...

Cindy

Trina_P
Guru
Trina_P
In response to cindy312

I do this quite a bit and I usually dip a toothpick in glue. and just dot, dot dot, dot, the glue randomly in the area I want the confetti. Then place the confetti on the dots. It really does not tale that long doing it that way.

Diva
In response to Trina_P

Many great ideas! I need to try it!

teenuh
teenuh 
Tenant
teenuh
In response to bayamonesa1

I'll try the glue stick technique suggested by Lamoo12 since I have already have a glue stick. Thanks for the sample layouts btw! They're exactly what I'm thinking of.

ItsPronounced_Abear
Tenant
ItsPronounced_Abear
In response to teenuh

I agree, I just spread glue stick glue all over an area and slowly sprinkle the confetti, sometimes moving pieces around slightly if they arent distributed enough. Then I try to lightly press them down with my fingers so they stick better.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics