Username Post: Help with Vintage / Heritage scrapbooking        (Topic#1581133)
shametra
New Kid On the Block
shametra

I have started two projects and I am having trouble completing them (even with all the supplies). One is for my mom and I want to create a book scrapbook if that makes any since. Has anyone completed a project like this and have any tips? Please help!! Thank You!!!

Diva
In response to shametra

What are you rying to accomplish? Are you including photos of relatives? If is sort of a book style, think about chapters and divide the photos, clips, letters, other items, etc.

shametra
New Kid On the Block
shametra
In response to bayamonesa1

It's about my moms life and I have another of pictures I just don't know how to begin it. I have never seen a completed scrapbook and I just want it to be perfect. This project means alot to me.

ncborn
ncborn 
Tenant
ncborn
In response to shametra

I did a Heritage Album/Scrapbook for my Father before he passed. It was about his life and I started with the youngest great Grandchild. I did a page all about him and then the page across was a timeline and then went forward a page for each member as they were born and then when I got to him I did lots of photos of him and about him then it went back to his parents each one and then his siblings and as far back was his grandparents with each one having a page all about them. I tried to have photos on each page from childhood to adult (only about 5 photos per person on a page) then journaling I did a timeline on each person from when they were born. Ref link: http://dmarie.com/timecap/ This tells how much things cost and Famous peoples Birthdays on the same day and events that happened on that day in history and all you do is type in the date and it brings up a page you can print. It was free then but you may have to check out now I don't know. I will take a photo of the pages to show as an example when it gets daylight as right now it is early morning. If you have any questions or do not understand this mumble jumble I have written just email me and I will try to help as I know how difficult it is to start something like this. Hope some of this helps you.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to ncborn

When I first wanted to make a scrapbook I was lucky to live in Atlanta and we had an Archivers near me - great store!

They had an introduction to scrapbooking class and showed us examples and helped us get started and showed us how to use all the different pens and cutters and adhesives and showed us complete scrapbooks done in different styles.

It was great.

If you can find a crop somewhere it would probably help you. Mostly thought, the gallery here would be a great help - you can find pages you like and get ideas from them.

ncborn
ncborn 
Tenant
ncborn
In response to Henri Jean

Sorry I didn't get to upload photos yesterday but I have added to my gallery if you would like to take a look. This is the way most of the album looks with a page on the left of the person and then a page on the right of the time line. After done with all the family I started adding some photos and journaling of some special events like when my Aunt and Uncle renewed their wedding vows. When I was a little girl I was their flower girl and my brother was their ring bearer. With the Renewal of Vows again I was the flower girl and my brother was the ring bearer after 50 years of marriage. It was indeed a special event but my Father (her Brother) had given her away at the original wedding and he had already passed before the renewal. Only thing missing in that was My Father. Again Hope the photos help or give you some ideas.

shametra
New Kid On the Block
shametra
In response to ncborn

Thank you so much for responding to my post. Even without the visuals I was able to recharge my passion and creativity for the project! I did get a chance to look at your blog and I think it's wonderful!

shametra
New Kid On the Block
shametra

Thank you for those ideas. I have started looking for an archiving class in my area. I thought crop night was a gathering where you cut things for your scrapbooking layout.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to shametra

Crop night is actually a gathering where you work on your scrapbooks, not just cut things. You glue and glitter and cut and paint and mist - whatever you want to do to work on your pages. Lots of ladies do cards at crops too.

Kathy Edwards
Veteran
Kathy Edwards

HI I just add you as a friend. I've stared some Ancestry lay outs. I'm scanning all the photos and mounting the photos with no glue. by punting cut in the paper or corner mounts. the hard part for me is there in a old album that is falling a part. DO tack it apart or not!!!!

justartguy007
Pro
justartguy007
In response to shametra

Hi I'm in the process of making three Heritage albums one of each of my grandparent's family in the past and present. I usually try to go in order. But I sometimes just mix the photos a bit here and there. I have only started on one so far. My parental grandmother family line. I have a couple layouts already up on my gallery if you want to take a look. A lot of photos I have are old so I either use glue dots or photo corncers depends on the photo. I usually put their information under the photo like brith and death year. Who their parents/husband or wife of and their children's name and sometimes their grandchildren. I guess their no right or wrong answer to how to you get started. For me my albums are going to be mainly pictures and information about the person or people in the pictures.

Justie
http://wwwjustie.blogspot.com

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics