Username Post: This is puzzling me        (Topic#1573665)
meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser

I have PSE and use it to edit my pictures before printing. But when I want to print a perfect square, say 3x3, I can't get it to make it that exact dimension. I've cropped the picture the way I want it, then I try to change the dimensions in the Print area and it always comes up with fractions of an inch in addition. Is there a way to crop to a perfect 3x3 or a way to print a perfect 3x3?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-12-12 02:03 PM
In response to meezerpleaser

Are you using the Resize menu item? I find it a tad confusing at times.

I usually create a new file sized 3x3 (or whatever size I want) then copy my photo to it and just resize the photo using the handlebars.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to stick

Thanks for your response, but can you be a little more specific? Where's resize, for instance? I'm very challenged at this point. I need to get a PSE tutorial somewhere, I guess.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-13-12 10:26 AM
In response to meezerpleaser

Just re-read your OP and realize you're trying to resize in the Print menu. Instead, try this: go to Image > Image Size and change your size there. If you're getting fractions of an inch, it's because unless your photo is a precise square, Photoshop is "constraining proportions" to maintain the aspect of the photo and not distort it in one direction or another. This link may help you understand it:

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/essentials/image-res...

Work with a COPY of your photo, NOT the original!!

Hope this helps, it's easier than it sounds.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 04-16-12 08:14 AM
In response to stick

L, did this help at all or only make it more confusing?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics