Username Post: digital scrapbooking        (Topic#1574503)
New Kid On the Block

Hi,
I started doing digital scrapping about five years ago when I realized that I didn't have the time or money to invest in conventional scrapping.
I am especially appreciative of sites like computerscrapbook.com for their wonderful free kits.
Last year I tried turning my pages into "books" through Mixbook and have been very happy with the results.
I use My Memories software to lay them out and then just drop them onto the Mixbook pages.
I've noticed recently that the trend seems to be to put a lot of embellishment on the pages with just one or two pictures.
I like to have more pictures with less embellishments.
One of my favorite things to do it to use a picture as my background. For example, when we went to Falling Waters (a Frank Lloyd Wright house) I took pictures of the floors and moss on a rock to use as backgrounds.
I've trained my daughter to take pictures like a grouping of colored Easter eggs for me to use as a background for pictures of my grandsons coloring the eggs.

I look forward to reading what everyone else is talking about.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-02-12 06:37 PM
In response to pstrkrn

Welcome! Unfortunately there's not much digi-talk here. Digiscrappers seem to be more 'loners' than 'joiners' for some reason. Still, there are a handful of us who like to talk

The whole single-photo-tons-of-embe llishment thing is part of the paper scrap world, too, it just seems to be the current thing. I'm more like you though - I love tons of pics, and I like to take my own pics to use as backgrounds. I often do digi pages that I print and use as the background for hybrid paper/digi scrapping.

I'm so jealous of your Falling Water visit, we'd love to see that!! My DH is going to get the Lego set. And I'd love to see your LOs. Here are a couple of mine -

Hybrid scrap, I took the photo of the Luxor Sphynx and did a little photoshopping.
Vegas 2Left - Aureole By Stick

And here's a multi-pic all-digi LO
Yellowstone 2008 By Stick

tchk 
Tenant
  • tchk on 05-03-12 06:37 AM
In response to stick

I am about 1/2 and 1/2 digi vs paper- and working my way through my enormous stash so I can be a digiscrapper only when we move to our new, much smaller home in about a year.

I also use MMS and like it very much. I use it and also Creative Memories Storybook Creator Plus- each has spcial things that I want for certain projects.

I do NOT like the new "one picture drowned out by 1000 embellishments" style- I want the picture to be front, center and stressed, even when there are 5 pictures on the page!

Anyway, I always check this forum although as mentioned above it seems to be pretty quiet most of the time. Always glad to "meet" another digiscrapper.

Edited by tchk on 05-03-12 06:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Jessica G-B
Expert
Jessica G-B
In response to tchk

I feel as though we digi scrappers need to unite! I use CM's Storybook software as well and LOVE it! I'm not into the whole millions of embellishments (even though it doesn't have the cost like it does for traditional folks). I just tried it on a heritage page for my dad and one of his sisters. I like the way it turned out, but like all of you, I simply have way too many pictures of our day-to-day life to put just one or two on a page. I've gotta make every page count.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 05-31-12 10:20 AM
In response to Jessica G-B

Computerscrapbook.com is great! I love the free kits. Do you all know any other good, reliable sites to get free stuff? I just don't want to get started buying a bunch of digital stuff until I see if I'm going to stick with it. I have so many "traditional" supplies, that I almost feel guilty moving into digital.

It just takes up so much less room!

tchk 
Tenant
  • tchk on 06-03-12 07:47 AM
In response to LeeLo

Leelo- I have a lot of kits from shabby princess- I like their stuff a lot. HTH

ncborn
ncborn 
Tenant
ncborn
In response to tchk

Leelo- I have been doing digital for a while and on my blog I have lots of links to sites for free digital stuff. Some of the blogs may not be current but I believe you can still get the Free downloads even if they haven't posted for a while. Some you may need to search a little to find the free files but they are great. I have so many kits it is just wonderful. This is my link to my blog. http://creativefunconnect ion.blogspot.com/ I only offer Free stuff on my blog so I hope I am ok to add this on this forum. I do not sell anything on my blog. Oh I meant to tell you some of the links are also for Free cut files. I wish I had organized them and separated the links that have free cut files but I didn't so Hope you don't mind going through those. Please be sure and leave Thanks yous when you download the Free kits. Good Luck with your digital and Hope the links help you the way they have helped me.
Brenda

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-06-12 09:02 AM
In response to ncborn

Thanks so much!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics