Username Post: Photobook cover?        (Topic#1579307)
jyssilly
New Kid On the Block
jyssilly

I put together my first digital scrapbook using Photobook America and a bunch of templates I downloaded from designer digitals (Ali Edwards).
I have to do something on the cover though, because it's a photobook... but I'm afraid to pick something because it's the cover!

Should I use one photo, a collage, a layout similar to what I've done inside the book (which is a month-by-month baby book layout).

Thanks for suggestions!
Jen

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-02-12 08:23 AM
In response to jyssilly

I'd probably do a detail enlargement from a single photo. Think of coffee-table books, they generally have one vibrant picture on the cover - you want it to be attractive, decorative, and you want something to capture the interest of the viewer and make a person want to pick it up and look at it.

jyssilly
New Kid On the Block
jyssilly
In response to stick

Thanks for the suggestion! I think I have one good photo I could use It just seems like it would be SO huge blown up to 12x12
I'll give it a try though!

What do you think - text somewhere on the book to say it's about baby's first year? A name?

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 08-02-12 10:57 AM
In response to jyssilly

I would definitely do a title - just like a "real" book I like simple - like just baby's name, or "My First Year" or "Sally's First Year." "Sally from Zero to 12." But go with whatever fits your style, maybe you can think of something cleverer and cuter than these.

jyssilly
New Kid On the Block
jyssilly
In response to stick

Thanks! I just went with "amelia year one"
Simple is definitely best, thanks for suggestion!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics