Page 1 of 7 
Username Post: Micheal Jackson Memorial        (Topic#1509289)
Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-07-09 08:59 AM

chime in...are you watching?

* Julie *
Diva
* Julie *
In response to Huskymom

NO! I am so disappointed that ALL FIVE major networks are airing it as a SPECIAL REPORT! UGHGHGHGHGHGH!!

I'm outside with my DD, sipping lemonade and enjoying my wireless.

P.S. - Here's a memorial that I feel is more relevant today .... http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/07 /07/afghanistan...

navseawife
Mayor
navseawife
In response to * Julie *

Yes I am

scoot297
Idol
scoot297
In response to navseawife

Nope. It's sad that he's gone, but is it really necessary to make it a major event?

2xblessed
Queen
2xblessed
In response to * Julie *

• * Julie * Said:
NO! I am so disappointed that ALL FIVE major networks are airing it as a SPECIAL REPORT! UGHGHGHGHGHGH!!

P.S. - Here's a memorial that I feel is more relevant today .... http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/07 /07/afghanistan...

Amen! And may God hold them in the palm of His hand and comfort their families!

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 07-07-09 09:15 AM
In response to * Julie *

• * Julie * Said:

I'm with you Julie! Too bad the story was covered, top and bottom streamers, with MJ.

Did you see that Sec Def McNamera(under Kennedy and Johnson) passed yesterday? Now, there's someone I'd like to have a cup of something with!

HUR-RAH!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-07-09 09:15 AM
In response to 2xblessed

I really don't want this to turn into a debate about Michael Jackson, please. Regardless of your personal feelings for him, he is/was a music icon and deserves to be recognized as one, as seen on all the news stations!!

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey
In response to Huskymom

I'm not watching, at work.

Yes he had some shortcomings, but the man was a musical genius.

JoJorenee
Queen
JoJorenee
In response to Huskymom

I am not watching I am at work going to look for someone who has a stream on their pc.

Prettylolo
Queen
Prettylolo
In response to Huskymom

i'm not watching it. i don't see a problem with them having his memorial on tv, but honestly, i think it should be kept to the musical stations (mtv, vh1, etc)

i don't think it should be on all the major networks. i haven't even had my tv on today. i'm still unpacking

* Julie *
Diva
* Julie *
In response to Huskymom

• theboydbunch Said:
I really don't want this to turn into a debate about Michael Jackson, please. Regardless of your personal feelings for him, he is/was a music icon and deserves to be recognized as one, as seen on all the news stations!!

I have nothing against MJ, honestly. I knew the Thriller dance by heart, along with his 25th Motown Anniversary Billie Jean routine. My first CD was Dangerous. I tape-recorded his interview with Oprah in 1993, along with the debuts of Remember the Time and In the Closet with Naomi Campbell. Loved his Superbowl performance and secretly wished I could visit Neverland. He was a HUGE part of my childhood and pre-teen years. No denying his place in American culture.

But to have all five channels dedicated to a memorial concert for him? It's overkill and according to my friends' Facebook updates, they aren't even showing anything except police barricades and an empty stage....

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 07-07-09 09:28 AM
In response to Prettylolo

I'll give you the musical genius part. He had some very innovative music and videos. I have never met him, nor have I ever wanted to meet him. I'm just not a fan-atic kind of person.

Our serivce men and women deserve so much more than is currently shown to them. I feel they are making the bigger, more lasting, effect on this world.

OnlyJane
Mayor
OnlyJane
In response to Huskymom

No!

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 07-07-09 09:36 AM
In response to OnlyJane

I am watching. This is his last Curtain Call. He should have it. On every channel possible.

heynow
heynow 
Pro
heynow
In response to Ami G

I don't think so! I'm Michael Jackson'ed out!

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to heynow

Ok, Mariah just performed "I'll Be There" with someone I don't know, so the 'barricade' part of the showcase is over, for those who are interested.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-07-09 09:47 AM
In response to * Julie *

• * Julie * Said:
  • theboydbunch Said:

I have nothing against MJ, honestly. I knew the Thriller dance by heart, along with his 25th Motown Anniversary Billie Jean routine. My first CD was Dangerous. I tape-recorded his interview with Oprah in 1993, along with the debuts of Remember the Time and In the Closet with Naomi Campbell. Loved his Superbowl performance and secretly wished I could visit Neverland. He was a HUGE part of my childhood and pre-teen years. No denying his place in American culture.

But to have all five channels dedicated to a memorial concert for him? It's overkill and according to my friends' Facebook updates, they aren't even showing anything except police barricades and an empty stage....

The memorial has started and it's awesome! If you're a fan I wouldn't miss it. The performances in his honor are fabulous!! I feel like I'm watching a piece of history, myself. Didn't all the networks cover the OJ car chase, too? Media is over kill...period...I'm watching it on CNN Live and enjoying it.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-07-09 09:48 AM
In response to Tivi

• Tivi Said:
I'll give you the musical genius part. He had some very innovative music and videos. I have never met him, nor have I ever wanted to meet him. I'm just not a fan-atic kind of person.

Our serivce men and women deserve so much more than is currently shown to them. I feel they are making the bigger, more lasting, effect on this world.

I totally agree with you on this, but that's a whole 'nother issue in itself!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 07-07-09 09:48 AM
In response to RockStar

• flightobl Said:
Ok, Mariah just performed "I'll Be There" with someone I don't know, so the 'barricade' part of the showcase is over, for those who are interested.

it was great, don't you think?? I love seeing the pictures of him over the years!!

scoot297
Idol
scoot297
In response to heynow

• tfringa Said:
I don't think so! I'm Michael Jackson'ed out!

I guess that's how I feel. Anytime a celebrity of large proportions passes away, they draw it out into a 2 week long deal. I appreciate that they want to do national coverage for his millions of fans, but if I were a family member, I'd want to have one memorial service, untelevised, no over-the-edge propaganda, and be done with it so that I can go on with my personal mourning. The way it's done now, it seems like everywhere you look there's (fill in the celebrity name here). I just don't find it to be needed. Just like everytime I look at Yahoo, I see another MJ story on the front page...it's like we all have an unhealthy obsession with celebrities and their deaths.

Page 1 of 7 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics