Username Post: Big Shot or Cuttlebug?        (Topic#1559123)
MrsSugarBear
Guru
MrsSugarBear

Thought I was set on the Cuttlebug, but now I'm leaning (ok, practically falling) towards the Big Shot.

What do you love about your BigShot or Cuttlebug? Why is yours better?

Sway me to your dark side.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to MrsSugarBear

I think they're both excellent machines,,,,,I chose the BS because it has a wide base, is stable on the table, and doesn't need to be suctioned to the table,,,,,,I have a wood table, and things do not suction well to wood,,,,,

also, the opening is SLIGHTLY larger,,,not by much, but it might make a difference at some point,,,,,

also, it comes with the multi-purpose platform,,,which means your shims are built right in,,,,,,it's rare to need to shim with cs,,,,in fact, I don't think I've done it yet. the "sandwiches" aren't a guessing game with the BS. They're printed right on the multi-purpose platform.

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to CommaHolly

Maybe you want the Grand Calibur? Then you can cut even the largest nesties??

Spellbinders - Grand Calibur - Large Format Die Cutting and Embossing Machine, BRAND NEW

Edited by amandahugandkiss on 05-28-11 07:37 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to amandahugandkiss

I agree the grand calibur would be nice for the largest of the Grand Nesties I kind of wish I'd thought of that before,,,,,OTOH, I got my BS for quite a bit less than the GC sells for,,,,,,,

MrsSugarBear
Guru
MrsSugarBear

The price of the Grand Calibur scares me off but a lady on another thread said she picked one up for $65 using a 50% coupon. She just didn't say where! Now that price wouldn' be too bad. And those big nesties ARE nice.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly

I bet it was Hobby Lobby,,,,,they ave 40 and 50% off coupons all the time,,,,I got my cinch there for half price,,,,,

had to pay shipping, but their shipping is reasonable,,,,,,,

and HL lists the Grand Calibur at 129 bucks,,,,,,and they have a 40% off coupon til Midnight tonight.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

I have a big kick. LOVE it! Never used the cuttlebug so I can't compare it. BUT I think the grand would be AWESOME!

amandahugandkiss
Diva
amandahugandkiss
In response to Seaexplore

Melissa- the price may be a little more, but you don't want to buy a smaller one, and then fall in love with a big die you can't cut!

I say bigger is ALWAYS better.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to amandahugandkiss

you would, Amanda

MrsSugarBear
Guru
MrsSugarBear

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel

I want them both. I wish July would hurry up and get here (my birthday) so I can get them! The waiting is giving me anxiety.

MrsSugarBear
Guru
MrsSugarBear
In response to kelseymel

I can only get one, but I still don't know which one. I keep going back and forth. Decisions, decisions!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm only getting one, too. A girl can dream, can't she?

I'm leaning towards the big shot. It seems more substantial, and it's *so* pretty.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to kelseymel

My sis gave me a Cuttlebug 2 years ago for my birthday. I LOVE it.... it's quick, easy, and uses dies/folders from lots of other companies. It's hard to choose, isn't it? Getting it as a gift was perfect... it was a nice surprise and I didn't have to think about which type to get. Hope you love whatever you decide on.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to pinkpaperairedale

I sold my Cuttlebug. I love my Big Shot. I have the electric one.

MrsSugarBear
Guru
MrsSugarBear
In response to 950nancy

Thanks for the input ladies. I ended up getting a periwinkle BigKick. They didn't have the BigShot.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics