Username Post: Mr. Popper's Penguins - Jim Carrey        (Topic#1559301)
ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat

Jim Carrey? Good idea, bad idea? I'm not a fan of his (I know, I know, and I'm NOT crazy... well, I might be... but that's not the point!) I LOVED this book! Seeing the trailer today I am going to have to find a copy and read it again But Jim Carrey?

Jim Carrey as Mr. Popper?
Good idea
Bad idea
No idea - didn't read it
Who cares? I didn't like the book and won't watch it (if you pick this tell me... we need to chat HAHA )
You may choose one option.
Votes accepted from 05-31-11 05:02 PM to 05-31-12 05:02 PM.
View results
You are not allowed to vote in this poll.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

jim carrey is a little creepy for kids i think...especially when he played scrooge

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Just G

I'm torn on it-he can be really...we'll go with creepy, but he is very versatile and I think he could be alright. I will go see it any way because I loved the book and plan on just going with an open mind!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to MrsAnnieS

Ashley,
I'm with you about Jim Carrey. Do not like him. He's so slapstick. He reminds me of Jerry Lewis. Not funny.

I don't know what Mr. Poppers Penguins is, so I have no opinion on that. But, I wouldn't vote for Jim Carey in anything.

Although, I admit, he was a good one to play Count Olaf in A Series of Unfortunate Events.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Bxr-Linda

I love Jim Carrey...you are all crazy.

I haven't read this book, but the previews look hilarious, at least the kids thought so!

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Manda_K

My kids (8 and 10) really want to see this movie. I haven't read the book. I think he'll be fantastic.

I Jim Carrey.

I saw him once on an episode of Inside the Actor's Studio and he was BRILLIANT. (While I'm not a fan of others' misfortune, I am glad he split with Jenny McCarthy. She makes my brain hurt.)

Babys Got Blue Eyes
Governor
Babys Got Blue Eyes
In response to kelseymel

I loved Mr. Popper's Penguins, but I have a hard time picturing Jim Carrey as Mr. Popper. But, he might do a great job!

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to Babys Got Blue Eyes

Linda, I think he is creepy lol! I think it is because of the Mask. That movie still freaks me out!

He just doesn't seem like the right fit for Mr. Popper. Honestly, I'm not sure who I would pick instead, I just hope he doesn't ruin it!

For anyone that wants to here is the link to the trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBVTtaJbMUI and to the book http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Popper's_Penguins

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

Johnny Depp is awesome at playing characters.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics