Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Teenage Idol        (Topic#1572327)
t-scraps
Expert
t-scraps

So whose posters did you have plastered all over your wall during your teenage years?

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to t-scraps

New Kids on the Block! Even had the folders and notebooks

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to MrsAnnieS

I went to high school from 1995-1999. My locker was a few pictures of Kyle Chandler (then the star of Early Edition) and Robert Urich (who had starred in Spenser For Hire in the mid- to late '80s, and I had picked up on that in re-runs on TNT or something). Also probably some Ford Mustang stuff. My pink bedroom walls had a red and black Star Wars poster I had made with acrylic paint.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to MrsAnnieS

Early teens - none.

Late teens - Kate Moss, Tyson Beckford, Claudia Schiffer, Elle Macpherson, Johnny Depp, Milla Jovovich, Uma Thurman.

I was obsessed with those black & white Calvin Klein and Guess ads.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to t-scraps

Dean Martin (that was a long time ago). Everybody loves somebody sometimes.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:

My bedroom walls were covered 100% with NKOTB posters from Bop, Big Bopper, Teen Beat, etc. There was NO SPACE without a poster, including big posters hanging directly down from the ceiling.

There were a few Corey Haim and Kirk Cameron, but it was 99% NKOTB.

I also rearranged my room on a monthly basis, which meant taking all posters down and rearranging those as well.

I wish I had pictures of my room from that time. I do still have all of the posters (along with the comforter, sheets, plates/cups, etc in the attic) - maybe I could recreate it

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to pugs223

Bobby Sherman.

lifethroughalens
Veteran
lifethroughalens
In response to MrsAnnieS

My sister and I shared a room until High School and we had mostly NKOTB and Kirk Cameron. I think we had a couple of the Dukes of Hazard too. What an interesting topic.

RockStar
Queen
RockStar
In response to lifethroughalens

My first luvs were the Beatles, the Ed Sullivan years, then later came David Cassidy, Bobby Sherman, and on a more mature level, Tom Jones.

Sonsie
Sonsie 
Pro
Sonsie
In response to RockStar

The first teen idol I actually remember was Leif Garrett in the late 70's. I never had posters up on my walls ever though.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sonsie

My bedroom was plaster - closet doors, walls, everything with photos although they really didn't have many posters then - it was a collage of photos out of teen magazines.

Mostly it was the Beach Boys but also some Rolling Stones and Jay and the AMericans and other groups but over 50% Beach Boys.

ALso had a black light in my room and a real metal stop sign with all the lines and the word stop painted in floursecent paint so it shined in the dark with the black light on.

I made footsteps and painted them in floursecent paint to walk up my wall, across the ceiling, and back down the other side.

Unfortunately I put everything up with a stapler and I didn't skimp on the staples. After I married and I moved out and my parents sold the house, they had thousands of staples to get out of the wall and doors!

Resident
In response to Henri Jean

I had Micheal Jackson, Duran Duran, Madonna, U2 and Prince.

Kathy_in_wlsv
Pro
Kathy_in_wlsv
In response to Laura40

Oh it was Illya Kuryakin.. swoon. I still adore David McCallum on NCIS. also Paul Revere and the raiders, Napoleon Solo, Sonny and Cher, Steve McQueen's poster from The Great Escape.. him on that motorcycle. ahhh for the mid to late 60's

Love 2 Learn
Guru
Love 2 Learn
In response to Kathy_in_wlsv

I only had 2 posters that I can remember....first one was Davey Jones (The Monkeys), and then David Casidy (Partridge Family). This is sooo funny looking back now.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to pugs223

• pugs223 Said:
  • MrsAnnieS Said:

My bedroom walls were covered 100% with NKOTB posters from Bop, Big Bopper, Teen Beat, etc. There was NO SPACE without a poster, including big posters hanging directly down from the ceiling.

There were a few Corey Haim and Kirk Cameron, but it was 99% NKOTB.

I also rearranged my room on a monthly basis, which meant taking all posters down and rearranging those as well.

I wish I had pictures of my room from that time. I do still have all of the posters (along with the comforter, sheets, plates/cups, etc in the attic) - maybe I could recreate it

Replace Corey Haim with Johnny Depp and we had the SAME ROOM!! LOL

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Manda_K

My bed had a cool corkboard above it (the bed was recessed into the wall like a cubbyhole). I pretty much hung everything there. In junior high, it was Ralph Macchio and Kirk Cameron.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to siameseplease

no posters (boring I know) ... but if I'd had any it would have been Bread, Leif Garrett, Shaun Cassidy, Rob Lowe, Andrew McCarthy, and James Spader

JediScrapToo
Diva
JediScrapToo
In response to madmatter

Don't laugh - Sean Astin! LOVED HIM! Also had Kirk Cameron, Ricky Schroder, Bon Jovi, the Coreys (Haim and Feldman), Rob Lowe, and several others. Loved Teen Beat and Bop (was that it?) NKOTB was a little "after" my time, it was "uncool" to like them, I was in High School.

Gramma3x!!
Mayor
Gramma3x!!
In response to JediScrapToo

James Taylor, Jim Croce, John Denver and of course, Beatles!

Edited by Gramma3x!! on 03-29-12 08:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Expert
In response to Gramma3x!!

For me it was totally NKOTB! I don't think you could even see the wall!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics