Username Post: What person or thing did you discover BEFORE the rest of the world did?        (Topic#1572675)
Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

I am feeling all smug with myself because I read the entire Hunger Game series BEFORE the movie premier. I am finally "ahead of the curve" and get the hype.

What did you discover before the rest of the world?

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to Gelidy Gelato

I was listening to The Offspring at least a year before anyone else at my high school started blaring them out their car stereo at lunchtime.

That's all I can think of.

I haven't read Hunger Games or any of the Twilight books yet. It took me until book 6 of Harry Potter was about to come out before I read that series.

Sometimes I'm behind the curve too

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to pugs223

I read the first Harry Potter after it first was published in the US, back when pretty much every person you talked to had no clue that Hogwarts even 'existed'. The major hype didn't really seem to start until the third book came out

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to MrsAnnieS

Way back when, I was listening to the Wallflowers and loving their music before the CDs starting flying off the shelf. Great stuff, but I haven't heard anything from them in ages. I'm off to Google to see what happened to them!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to siameseplease

I'm not sure if it qualifies, but I often seem to be one step ahead with certain things. (Wow - that sounded self-centered. Not what I meant. )

For example, our wedding colors were black and white, with accents of red. Florist, bakery, dress shop, all tried to discourage me... those aren't proper wedding colors....

A year or two later, those colors were all the rage and LOTS of wedding stuff available.

It just seems like there are always things I look for, can't find it in stores, then a year later, they are EVERYWHERE!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Bxr-Linda

I discovered how cool I actually am.

I'm now waiting for the rest of the world to discover that as well.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to scraprabbit

• scraprabbit Said:

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 03-21-12 06:08 PM
In response to pugs223

Mop Slippers!! Seriously, I hate to clean and had that idea YEARS ago, LONG before it was as-seen-on-tv.

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda

• scraprabbit Said:

I have to respectfully disagree Sarah.

I think you're cool!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
I'm not sure if it qualifies, but I often seem to be one step ahead with certain things. (Wow - that sounded self-centered. Not what I meant. )

For example, our wedding colors were black and white, with accents of red. Florist, bakery, dress shop, all tried to discourage me... those aren't proper wedding colors....

A year or two later, those colors were all the rage and LOTS of wedding stuff available.

It just seems like there are always things I look for, can't find it in stores, then a year later, they are EVERYWHERE!

Black, white and red bridal colors sounds really COOL.

ELynn
ELynn 
Angel
ELynn
  • ELynn on 03-22-12 07:06 PM

• scraprabbit Said:

*like*

Growing up, my dad put Rotel's in Mac and Cheese BEFORE it was suggested on the can.

That's all I've got.

I'm WAY behind. Today we were out, at least people commented on dd's outfit. 'oh how cute skinny jeans'. SO I called my mom tonight, 'wtf are skinny jeans and did you buy them for dd?'

Lamoo12
Governor
Lamoo12
In response to ELynn

facebook. i was on there in the college years before it went public or became so popular.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to Lamoo12

I remember reading The Hobbit and Jurassic Park 30 years ago and thinking they were written for the big screen. I was thrilled when the Jurassic Park movie came out. The Hobbit is only just now being filmed.

Flavoured teas. I was making my own from fresh herbs out of the garden, or by adding things to tea long before they came out in packets.

Crafty Nautolan
Pro
Crafty Nautolan
In response to RedSquirrel UK

• RedSquirrel Said:
I remember reading The Hobbit and Jurassic Park 30 years ago and thinking they were written for the big screen. I was thrilled when the Jurassic Park movie came out. The Hobbit is only just now being filmed.

Flavoured teas. I was making my own from fresh herbs out of the garden, or by adding things to tea long before they came out in packets.

That has happened to me so many times. When I was a child in elementary and middle school I really wanted to be a screen writer (I still do). I would read books and think that they should be written into movies... a few years later, before I was old enough to do anything about it... James and the Giant Peach, Freak Almighty, and several others.

My husband claims that there is a microchip that was put in his brain when he was born that steals all of his ideas. He has had the idea of Alcoholic Ice Cream for years, just never had the start up capital... now it is starting to pop up all over the place.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics