Username Post: Waiting for my real life to begin...        (Topic#1573527)
astrangevictory
Veteran
astrangevictory

At the moment, I am sitting in what will soon be my craft room. My cats are anxiously sniffing around their new home, my husband is relaxing, and I am finding it hard to believe that this ordeal is almost at an end.

We've been searching for a house since December, as our landlord lost our condo to the bank. Oh, what an ordeal! Trying to pack up a home without knowing where we'd be moving to. Putting my life completely on hold as more and more of our possessions got packed away, and our home grew messy. Any attempts at self-care and New Years Resolutins long since abandoned. Routine, out the window.

Well, it's almost over. After delays and mistakes and setbacks and miscommunications, the house we wanted the most is ours. We've started moving stuff in, and we're at the point where we are horrified by a.) how much junk we have and b.) how messy and filthy our previous home has become. I think cleaning that place is what I dread the most.

But the reward at the end of this, after the old place is packed up and cleaned and all the boxes and furniture have been hauled to the new place? I get to set up my craft room! I can unpack all of my boxes of craft goodies that I packed up in December, and because of all the time that has passed, I will have forgotten some of it. It will be like Christmas!

But really, I am just so stinking glad this is almost over.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to astrangevictory

CONGRATS!!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Just G

Congrats. Enjoy!

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to Just G

Oh, I've done that so much seems like I'm a pro at packing. I'm hoping that's all behind me. I hope you get settled in quickly so you can get back to what you really love - and yes, it will be almost like Christmas.

angie girl
Diva
angie girl
In response to Mother Goose

Congrats!!! We bought our first house last Fall, so I definitely know the feeling!!!

My solution? Hire someone to clean the old place. Best $150 I spent when we bought our house and moved in. I knew I was DONE doing my own move out clean with the rental move out prior to that. It's just too much work for a person to pack, move, clean the old place, clean the essential areas of the new place (like kitchen and bathrooms), and unpack.

Hire someone to clean it, you won't regret it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to angie girl

I like the way you think!

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to Henri Jean

Or you could do what they did in the movie Office Space. Not a real suggestion. Do what Angie suggested if you can.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics