Username Post: Selling on eBay        (Topic#1581787)
RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Does anybody do this? Is it easy? Or a hassle?

I have lots of perfectly good, excess things. I've taken a lot to the charity shops, but I'm in need of the money myself in the run-up to Christmas.

I'm just a bit scared of getting into the eBay thing. Tell me your stories/advice, please?

scrappy_day
Expert
scrappy_day
In response to RedSquirrel UK

I have sold on Ebay before. Make sure you describe the item exactly though. Some people are picky about if it is open, out of package and what not.
I did have a couple of things not sell and then you pay the cost to list the item. Ebay also takes a cut (I think it is like 1 or 2%) of what the item sold for - and the cost of shipping. I have had good results. Good luck!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 10-21-12 06:19 PM
In response to scrappy_day

I have sold a thing or two on eBay. I didn't have any problems. I agree...describe the item exactly and put more than one pic if needed to show the item good. It's been a while since I did sell anything on there, but my experience was good.

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to LeeLo

Thank you. I'll have a think about it.

_pink_glitter_hearts_
Guru
_pink_glitter_hearts_
In response to RedSquirrel UK

i have sold some items on ebay, not too many issues. like the others said, make sure you list the item EXACTLY. however, despite stating that i had a complaint from a buyer for finding a single cat hair on an article of clothing even though i stated on the listing i did have cats. (she actually left it on my feedback! lol) also, some people leave mean feedback...well, just to be mean sometimes. but thankfully people like that are few and far in between. ebay has come a long way in the past 5 years, and i think the changes made are for the better imo (star ratings, better shipping estimates, etc).

Als_Gal
Guru
Als_Gal
In response to _pink_glitter_hearts_

I used to be a big time seller on eBay. I helped my Father in law sell collectibles and while I liked it and the money was good. It got to the point where people were complaining over little things and I quit selling. EX: Dad sold a 1970's Raiders helmet shaped picnic basket we took 12 pictures of it and showed all angles, posted in the description that we had the original box but it was in fair shape being as old as it was. Well the bidder contacted paypal to request a refund cause the item wasn't as described she said we had changed the description and that the one she saw posted said the BOX was in EXCELLENT SHAPE! I sent paypal proof that the auction was never changed and that I said the picnice basket was in EXCELLENT shape just not the box. She complained until they ruled in our favor.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Als_Gal

My experience selling on Ebay has been good,except for the policy on the shipping cost on books. I have to list the hardback books under something other than books to be able to charge adequate shipping for them.

Diva
In response to NMlady

I have never used it, not sure if it worth the issues with costumers!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics