Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Sandy's on her way        (Topic#1582111)
madmatter
Diva
madmatter

To all my fellow East Coasters ...

bracing for Sandy to hit here in the NY suburbs ... hope all of you stay safe

please check in when you can

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to madmatter

the last i heard is that its coming straight for the Maryland area. im just north of baltimore!

Hang tight everyone!!!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to Fargomutt

good luck Nancy ... and stay safe

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to madmatter

Nancy, I'm just south of Baltimore. I have yanked everything out of my yard and put it in my basement, in hopes of alleviating some flying missiles!

Good luck to everyone; I'm hoping Sandy isn't too mean to us!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 10-28-12 02:14 PM
In response to siameseplease

I think Mother Nature is really upset with someone in my family: I have folks in W Va, MD, CT and then my son & dil were evacuated last night because of the tsunami in HI.

I am hoping that the East Coast is as fortunate as he was - just some inconvenience and nothing worse.

Be safe my friends.

Unique scrapper
Veteran
Unique scrapper
In response to madmatter

what part of NY are you in? I am in northeastern NJ about 20 miles from NYC visa Lincoln Tunnel. Just hoping that the scraproom stays dry!

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to Unique scrapper

Hope you all are safe - I grew up just outside of DC in Maryland. Now I'm in NC. I know that everyone is bracing for the storm. Many family and friends still there and they have been preparing for the worst. I know that many of the schools there have already shut down for the next few days. I hope that they storm weakens and isn't as damaging as expected!! Good luck everyone and be safe!!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to SmartyPants

Been thinking of all of you out that way! Stay safe!

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to scraprabbit

We are as prepared as we can be and its probably still not enuf....on the MD/PA line here in Gettysburg. Schools are closed, state of emergency already declared for PA.

All the East coast gals, stay safe and check in when you can!

everyone!

shortmouse
Veteran
shortmouse
In response to ScrappyMama6

Will be praying for all in her path....stay safe, warm and dry.

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to shortmouse

same here Gina. just wish the neighbors would!! They have siding in piles behind their shed which connects to my back yard!

Its not been too bad YET. just rain and a little wind blowing. im thinking the worse is set to land about 10am.

Fargomutt
Expert
Fargomutt
In response to Fargomutt

Smartypants: what part of Maryland? i used to live in Gaithersburg/Laytonsville for most of my life! just moved up to Edgewood about 12 years ago!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Fargomutt

Teresa, I just got home from Gettysburg. We camp at the Gettysburg Campground every year for Halloween. We came home early due to Sandy. While I was out there, I went to that awesome stamp store near Littlestown and also to Forevermore Scrapbooks.

Nancy, I always worry about the house behind me. He has a privacy fence that is not looking too stable, as well as some big trees. I hope your neighbor's siding doesn't end up doing damage to your property!

AZGIRL
Expert
AZGIRL
In response to siameseplease

I am praying for all you. Stay safe.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to AZGIRL

Gee whiz! Earthquake last week, hurricane this week! I just need to fill the water jugs and bathtub and find the box of wind up flashlights. I've got a beef stew in the crockpot right now and I'm contemplating making a couple of other meals.

boysmom
Pro
boysmom
In response to Unique scrapper

Where are you Unique Scrapper? I'm also in NJ, in Westfield so not far from you I guess. So far, all we have is a lot of wind and rain. We're in a lull now. Everything is cancelled and the roads are closed, I think this is looking like family game day.

Stay safe everyeone!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to boysmom

everything is closed here ... schools, malls, public transportation

no real rain yet, but the wind has picked up big time

Where in NJ are you in UniqueScrapper? I'm in Rockland County, NY, about 30 minutes NW of NYC, but I work in Paramus, NJ ... even that shopping mecca of the Northeast has closed for the day

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to madmatter

We have rain and the wind has picked up. They canceled all schools around here last night for today and tomorrow. It's just going to get worse.

Please everyone stay safe and don't go out unles you have to.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to foltzy

My oldest goes to college in Manhattan, and they just emailed that they're closed again tomorrow.

No word yet on work or the local schools

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to madmatter

local schools closed again tomorrow ... no word from work yet, but I'm supposed to have off tomorrow anyway

still no real rain, and the wind is not as bad as I thought it would be, but it's just supposed to start hitting now

they have closed almost ALL the bridges over the Hudson and East Rivers ... guess we're not going anywhere for a while

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics