Username Post: contact wearers.....        (Topic#1582365)
TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK

I am getting my eyes checked in a couple of weeks and I think I am going to ask for contacts.

I am just wondering why brands have people had the best luck with or are they all the same?

What about change the them every day, every week, or the ones that last a month? Which kind is best?

Thanks for the help!!

Mulan05
Expert
Mulan05
In response to TraciK

I've been wearing contacts for the past 10 years - I have the kind you change every month. I'd have to say not all brands are the same - I personally like a brand called Air Optix which lets in more air/moisture then some other brands. However, one of my lenses is for an astigmatism which means it lets in less air/moisture than other brands to begin with. (An astigmatism lens is thicker than other lenses.) This is why I like the brand I use.

Before you get contacts, have your eyes checked for dryness issues. If your eyes are generally dry, contacts are not going to be comfortable to wear. My last recommendation is to make sure you get a trial pair of lenses first before deciding to stick with a particular brand.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to Mulan05

I've been wearing contacts for 20+ years.

I think Acuvue is the brand I've always worn, I have the Acuvue Oasys right now.

I've never had a single problem since the very first day I put them in.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to kelseymel

Oh, and I think I'm supposed to change them every two weeks, but I don't. Shhh, don't tell.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 11-04-12 09:29 AM
In response to kelseymel

I've been using Acuvue Oasys, too. One thing that makes a huge difference to me is the cleaning solution - I'm allergic to something in the one-step no-rub solutions (the easiest, most popular, and most available type, of course); they make my eyes drier and make them burn and itch. I was using the 2 week lenses, but I'm in the process of switching to single daily use ones because I'm starting to need to wear reading glasses and I find I'm not entirely comfortable using contacts and reading glasses all the time at work. I'm wearing my actual glasses about half the time now, and contacts for those days when I'm not doing as much reading.

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to stick

Thanks so much for the help!

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to TraciK

I'm a regular glasses/occasional contacts wearer. I much prefer the single daily use lenses since I don't wear my contacts regularly. When I used to use the less temporary lenses, I also found that the one-step, no rub solution did not work well for me. The brand I've found most comfortable since being diagnosed with astigmatism in one eye is Acuvue Oasys. But I do recommend that you get some trial pairs to see what is the best fit for you...

TraciK
TraciK 
Governor
TraciK
In response to traceyjean

Thank you!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics